Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Senkat's BIG BROTHER ways

Just to put in my 2 cents, in my conversations with Sen_Kat, I have to say that I sympathize with his odd actions at times, nobody knows what could possibly be going on in a persons private life, what has happened to make ANYBODY act the way they do. We here on the forum usually see only the personality of the person that happens to manifest itself at that particular moment. Sometimes things happen to me in my private life, that when I get on this Forum, I tend to be a bit on the grouchy side, & I've seen it in other members as well. A normally great guy starts talking to you, & by the things he's said, it makes you wonder what jumped up & bit him on the a** today ? Thats just the thing, you DON'T know, & if the person is private enough, you'll NEVER know. So I say, before you start making comments about this person or that persons attitude, take a long look into your own life & cut the guy/girl some slack, for all you know, their spouse may have just passed away! Just my opinion,phoenix77/rob :cool:

I don't see the harm of the person perhaps bringing up the issue - though preferably in a more courteous way... Its the anonymous thing that gets me. If you wanna say something, say it - but if you're gunna say something controversial you gotta take it like a man. I say a good few controversial things, and I often take a bit of flack for it. I just keep right on being the jerk I am though. What I don't do is try hiding: keeping the "good" identity and your throwaway one where you can just trash whoever without having to worry about the consequences.

So I don't think this person should be banned. I think they should either fess up their identity themselves (the better and more honorable route), or if C0ld doesn't mind, we should get to know his/her identity anyway. Then if we need to continue this discussion, we can continue it without someone cowardly hiding behind a mask, but openly with all our identities known. I let you know who I am when I voice my opinions, and I'd like to expect the same courtesy from everyone else.

Abray

Pseudonomen137, I see what you mean when you say they have to take the consequences. However, I just hope that the rest of the forum would be mature enough to realize that everybody has different opinions and not start flaming. I'm not calling anybody immature. Things happen. Everybody gets a little carried away with things sometime. Who knows, maybe me saying this is totally uncalled for! All I'm saying is that if he were to expose who he was, it would be very immature for everybody to flame him just because he is expressing his opinion. Yes, it isn't a very nice opinion, but then it would be up to SenKat to be the mature one and stop the argument then and there. And remember what I said before, maybe I am the one here making uncalled for comments.

phoenix77, that's a good point about the personal life. You can never tell when something bad happens in real life that none of us would know about, putting a member in a particularly hateful and irritated mood.

Razako

This thread is f*cking stupid and should be locked. Nothing but pointless drama and flaming will come from it.

this is another reason why i wont let my ten year old 532nm on anymore :(
dont get me wrong I love this place . I have to watch myself included so i'm not pointing fingers :) aw well now lets find a new / better subject :D

Ah, Senkat. I've been on the brunt of his arguing a few times :) I can see where this thread is coming from.

But I don't see him or his presence as a bad thing. He has strong opinions and shoves them down peoples throats, so what. In almost all circumstances he knows what he's doing and his hearts in the right place, and you got to respect that.

And yeah... my $0.02

You shouldn't have said that mike....now I haaaaad to make another post...oh well

i held back from posting but now you ruined it!

so i must ask.

someone said this reminds them of lord of the flies (im too lazy to go back, look, and quote) but whoever you are. tell me, is Senkat Jack, the Bitch who deserves to die, or piggy, the one who everyone hates who is a rule follower, and listens to his AUNTIE (pronounced AWN-tee!), who also has ASAMA (yes you guessed it, AWES-ma!)

internetisserious.jpg

Abray

I wasn't thinking of SenKat when I thought of Lord of the Flies. It was more of the actions of the group as a whole. BUT I'm not going to say any more because it will probably provoke more argument. And as Hemlock has tried to do TWICE NOW, we should just leave this topic

unless things have drastically changed since i last went on this forum, senkat is one of the most helpful, knowledgeable and polite people on this forum