Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Second time around- 589 DL group buy feeler

The 30mw blue is not 473 unfortunately. It is a single mode 445-450 range diode, non-DPSS type pointer pen. Their list price is like $130 for it which is a bit high IMHO,.

Ok, not sure where I was going wrong but I see that now.

Count me in then. Assuming this GB goes ahead, would it be possible to chuck in a transmission fan and a matrix diffraction grating (1 of each please) in as well?

Pman

Sorry if this is a redundant question but why are many saying that the 589nm is "going away"?
Haven't been involved much here in the last 6 months other than helping others in need.

Pete

Last edited:
CNI are becoming more strict on what they'll ship and to who, and DL have allegedly said that when current stock of 589 Spartans runs out they won't be restocking. That leaves not many other options. Besides, the price of the DL 589s is also phenomenal, better than some prices for 473s I've seen, and people are quite rightly speculating that this is the lowest portable 589s will ever be.

Last edited:

Pman

So is CNI not selling to our members now?
I'm NOT trying to derail anything here. Might have to come up with the $ to jump in on this one. Actually love the Spartan design but don't like that it can't be focused. Just picked up a 2x beam exp. from Isaac.
Better tentatively put me down for one unless something pops up in the B/S/T. Decision would be a lot easier if I wasn't just about to start therapy for my right arm (been off on Workers Comp for 4 months so far and will likely be off at least 2-3 more) and my daughter is getting married the 22nd. Money has been flying out the door as you can imagine and I shouldn't be spending anything (if I had a dollar for every time someone said that on here...).

cni wont ship anything handheld >5mW to the states now. if you can come up with the money to get one now, do it. I wish i could, certainly.

Last edited:
The reason I am spending the money is it's pretty much an investment and looks like it's shaping up to be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I think CNI would still ship to the EU but for one of this power CNI would probably charge me a few limbs.

Not sure whether it's even going ahead, but hopefully Jmillerdoc has had lots of emails.

Ill most likey join the GB too

Need a yellow to labby'Fi .

Last edited:
Looks like there is already five serious participants wanting in on a second. I haven't heard back from Adam in a couple days, probably his weekend off. Waiting to hear if he will be offering any free merchandise for a giveaway like I mentioned.

Jmillerdoc, did you get my PM/e-mail?

Yes I did, it has been a long week. Been working 14hr night shifts for the past seven days and haven't taken the time to respond to several people including you. Sorry. I am still considering what to make of things as well.

Will touch base with you soon.
JM

Well, just to confirm, I am still in for one of these. Additionally, crazyspaz mentioned that CNI will no longer ship anything over 5mw to the states. Based on that information does that exclude me from this group buy?