Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sci-Fi Lasers TheJoker301 Does Not Tell the Truth to Customers or Uphold His Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Resolved

First off you can't even string a proper sentence together and you don't work for scifi lasers so why are answering questions for them?
I know you're trying to increase your post count as quickly as possible and kiss as much ass as you can to work your way to the top but you're filling this forum up with your meaningless dribble and uneducated advice.

Scifi lasers are not trustworthy plain and simple.

Can you email me again please ?

I truly het a lot of emails. Sometimes it happens than some are not being seen as my inbox is full.

Please email me again today.

We will get your laser to you asap. If it was shipped than you ahould get it soon.

If you did not get your tracking code email me now. I will respond now.

I am doing my best to help everyone. It is not easy to keep up and fill everyones order and customize each and every laser. Delays occur. But you will get your laser. And that is for sure.

Waiting for your email.

:beer:

OVNI

For people in the USA here's a tip that helped me. The tracking number from Israel Post was notoriously bad using Israel Post's website. I put the same tracking number into USPS' website and got far better results. This may only work once it gets to the USA. I think it gets logged right at the port of entry so you'll see if it gets held up in Customs and/or where it's going.

@ Joker - at what point are you going to be finished with the 2015 orders. I know you state you have promised the orders in 2016 are not being handled the same way and should be able to be tracked and the turn around time is less. I am seeing more and more posts about things from you 2015 line. How many orders do you have floating out there from 2015 that we can expect to see more complaints on?

@OVNI - While I understand that tracking might be bad through that site, the fact remains that I was guaranteed that a replacement module had been shipped, and was given two wrong tracking numbers. However, despite this guarantee, no package has ever arrived, and this strikes me as suspicious. Doubly so as prior to posting this in this forum, I was guaranteed that I had also already had my refund processed via PayPal, however this also mysteriously never went through. The circumstances surrounding the whole situation were incredibly shady, and I think that blaming wrong tracking numbers on Israeli post is a convenient excuse for buying time on unshipped merchandise.

However, maybe I'm in the wrong, and maybe I'm supposed to believe that, coincidentally, the tracking numbers were handled wrong by Israeli post, customs confiscated the (legal) module, and PayPal's refund system all malfunctioned, and that sci-fi lasers is an innocent victim of this incredible cascade of events.. You tell me what sounds more probable.

Last edited:

OVNI

Re: Resolved

@OVNI - While I understand that tracking might be bad through that site, the fact remains that I was guaranteed that a replacement module had been shipped, and was given two wrong tracking numbers. However, despite this guarantee, no package has ever arrived, and this strikes me as suspicious. Doubly so as prior to posting this in this forum, I was guaranteed that I had also already had my refund processed via PayPal, however this also mysteriously never went through. The circumstances surrounding the whole situation were incredibly shady, and I think that blaming wrong tracking numbers on Israeli post is a convenient excuse for buying time on unshipped merchandise.

However, maybe I'm in the wrong, and maybe I'm supposed to believe that, coincidentally, the tracking numbers were handled wrong by Israeli post, customs confiscated the (legal) module, and PayPal's refund system all malfunctioned, and that sci-fi lasers is an innocent victim of this incredible cascade of events.. You tell me what sounds more probable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not making excuses for SciFi nor taking sides. Your suspicions may very well be correct but that notwithstanding, being able to see what USPS posts is far more helpful than what's on Israel Post. Indeed, all my 'bad' tracking numbers could've had been discovered much earlier by me by watching the progress/destination on USPS' website. That's all I was saying.

Reactions: GSS
Re: Resolved

@ Joker - at what point are you going to be finished with the 2015 orders. I know you state you have promised the orders in 2016 are not being handled the same way and should be able to be tracked and the turn around time is less. I am seeing more and more posts about things from you 2015 line. How many orders do you have floating out there from 2015 that we can expect to see more complaints on?

I get accused of picking on Joker when I say something, but even recent orders that people are posting about don't get sent out the same week, no
I am amazed when I see a shipment is said to be just sent a month after being ordered, that has nothing to do with the postal service.

I tell you what would be fair, have a number next to the items for sale so people know when a finished unit is in stock.

Re: Sci-fi lasers?

Hey Eitan when you will mail my laser back, I bought a laser from you, which just stopped working I sent it back to you, you told me you fixed it and already sent it, but I never recieved it. please do respond to my emails. I have paid a lot of money for that 3.2w blue laser.

Hey Eitan when you will mail my laser back, I bought a laser from you, which just stopped working I sent it back to you, you told me you fixed it and already sent it, but I never recieved it. please do respond to my emails. I have paid a lot of money for that 3.2w blue laser.

Very old thread. But I responded to your email about 10 mins ago. I was asleep buddy.

Please do help me bro, as it has been months now. and I email you on daily basis. it is a silver color laser with blue beam 3.2 watts copper heat sink. you told me you will fix it for free and send it back. atleast let me know if I have to pay something or what.

may be email him a tracking number receipt number to refresh his memory.

Its okay bro I email you on day and night both just to get contact with you, I think you are a very busy man. So when will you send my laser back.

Please do help me bro, as it has been months now. and I email you on daily basis. it is a silver color laser with blue beam 3.2 watts copper heat sink. you told me you will fix it for free and send it back. atleast let me know if I have to pay something or what.

I replied please email me bud. We will get it done. It was already shipped

Unhappy with Sci-Fi Lasers - Partially Resolved

Sci-Fi lasers was recommended to me through this forum and after emailing with Eitan on 1/19 this year, I decided to go with the Arcane 2.0 as it had the best duty cycle. I reiterated several times that I was moving soon and would need it in < 1 month from ordering. He promised me this was no problem, a week to build and a week to ship. Two weeks max.

Great, that's exactly what I needed. I put in my order and paid him on 1/21.

Now, more than two months later and probably a dozen or more back and forth emails I still don't have a laser. He always says "soon" or "it's in the mail" (he said the latter over a month ago, didn't provide tracking, and it never showed up).

He finally provided a tracking number on Saturday, but I have no expectations of actually receiving it. Another member on reddit.com/r/lasers said he also got his tracking on Saturday and guess what - same tracking number! At best one of us will receive a laser, at worst neither of us. We've both been writing Eitan for weeks to figure out where our orders are.

He's a nice enough guy, but extremely flakey on actually fulfilling and shipping orders.

Timeline
1/19 - emailed eitan to inquite about Arcane 445nm
1/21 - ordered/paid
1/29 - follow up email asking if it shipped
1/29 - told it is shipping on Sunday
2/14 - follow up email asking it if shipped
2/16 - told it shipped, no tracking
2/18 - told him I'm moving in 5 days, I need to change address if possible
2/24 - asked for tracking, haven't received it
3/8 - told it was sent to the correct address (I moved two weeks ago now)
3/20 - inquire on shipping, still haven't received it
3/20 - told to expect tracking same day
3/25 - eitan asks if I got tracking, I tell him I haven't
3/25 - finally sends me tracking number
3/28 - TODAY - continuing thread on reddit.com/r/lasers, another guy apparently has the exact same tracking number I do
3/28 - email Eitan again asking about tracking number duplicate

I'll update as this goes along, but I think from now on I'm just going to order the parts and build my own.

Lazerer is even worse, they've just been ignoring emails for weeks. At least Eitan responds, even if nothing is shipping.

UPDATE - he reached out and said the duplicate number was a mistake and that he will have correct tracking today. My issue still stands for now, but he says he's working on it.

UPDATE2 4/11/16 - I was out of town for two weeks and he supposedly sent me EMS tracking, but still no laser and the tracking number doesn't work.

3/29 - sent me picture of label
4/5 - tracking still doesn't work
4/6 - sent me new picture of new label
4/11 - tracking still doesn't work

If I don't have it by end of week, at least with valid tracking and shipping to me NOT someone else, I'm opening a paypal dispute.

UPDATE3 4/15/16 - updated my Paypal claim to a dispute a few days ago and finally got movement. Tracking started working on 4/12 and I received the laser today. However, there are still problems-

- it's the right Arcane 2.0 host from the pictures (that's the only plus so far)
- Wrong host color, I had ordered the blue host and got the polished one
- It looks REALLY beat up, the aluminum has black chips/marks all over the head of it and the ribbed heatsink section. All around the power button is the same. Black chips/corrosion/missing anodization or something. Poor quality finish.
- The tailcap negative terminal is a screw head-- is this normal?? There's a spring on the positive terminal in the tube, but the negative is just a screw head drilled into the tailcap.
- No power cert or instruction manual packed with it like there should have been

-Function - TBD - still at work, so I'lll test when I get home. Hopefully it works, but I'm not confident I actually got the power (3w) that I ordered.

Need to test and get pictures later.

UPDATE 4 - 4/18/16
- Laser works, with some tweaks. Needed fixing out of the box
- Focusing ring + lens piece was shipped separate and needs to screw down on to diode, but the diode isn't secured into the host by anything other than the wires it's soldered to. The focusing ring is also not threaded for some reason, so it doesn't stay attached either. It's basically screwed on to the diode and just hold on by a bit of friction to the host. Point it down and it falls right off.
- Power button is misaligned inside the host. I need to tear it apart and move it. The rubber button cap sticks since it's out of alignment. I just pulled it out for now, because otherwise the power button doesn't work. Now I just have to push down into the hole and turn it off/on directly.
- Batteries didn't make contact with the negative terminal (which is just a screw drilled into the tailcap). Had to remove and straighten it
- Focusing still sucks after making above fixes, It starts out with basically a flashlight beam. At the tightest focus I get a beam and a rectangle of blue haze from the weird shape of the lens. There's a lot of spilled light off of either side and I'm not sure I can fix it.
- I don't believe it's actually 3w as I ordered. It's not particularly bright. My 100mw 532nm laser from Lazerer is way brighter, despite being 80% IR and only like 15mw of green. 3w of 445 should at least be comparable to 15mw of 532. Unfortunately I don't have any easy way to test this.

I've got pictures to post tonight. Overall really disappointed in the build quality and the fact I had to fix flaws right out of the box. I still need to fix the power button and figure out if I can even focus it correctly.

Last edited:
Re: Unhappy with Sci-Fi Lasers

Sci-Fi lasers was recommended to me through this forum and after emailing with Eitan on 1/19 this year, I decided to go with the Arcane 2.0 as it had the best duty cycle. I reiterated several times that I was moving soon and would need it in < 1 month from ordering. He promised me this was no problem, a week to build and a week to ship. Two weeks max.

Great, that's exactly what I needed. I put in my order and paid him on 1/21.

Now, more than two months later and probably a dozen or more back and forth emails I still don't have a laser. He always says "soon" or "it's in the mail" (he said the latter over a month ago, didn't provide tracking, and it never showed up).

He finally provided a tracking number on Saturday, but I have no expectations of actually receiving it. Another member on reddit.com/r/lasers said he also got his tracking on Saturday and guess what - same tracking number! At best one of us will receive a laser, at worst neither of us. We've both been writing Eitan for weeks to figure out where our orders are.

He's a nice enough guy, but extremely flakey on actually fulfilling and shipping orders.

Timeline
1/19 - emailed eitan to inquite about Arcane 445nm
1/21 - ordered/paid
1/29 - follow up email asking if it shipped
1/29 - told it is shipping on Sunday
2/14 - follow up email asking it if shipped
2/16 - told it shipped, no tracking
2/18 - told him I'm moving in 5 days, I need to change address if possible
2/24 - asked for tracking, haven't received it
3/8 - told it was sent to the correct address (I moved two weeks ago now)
3/20 - inquire on shipping, still haven't received it
3/20 - told to expect tracking same day
3/25 - eitan asks if I got tracking, I tell him I haven't
3/25 - finally sends me tracking number
3/28 - TODAY - continuing thread on reddit.com/r/lasers, another guy apparently has the exact same tracking number I do
3/28 - email Eitan again asking about tracking number duplicate

I'll update as this goes along, but I think from now on I'm just going to order the parts and build my own.

Lazerer is even worse, they've just been ignoring emails for weeks. At least Eitan responds, even if nothing is shipping.

I emailed you about 30mins ago right after I got your email.

to be clear , it was shipped in the time I told you it was. There are cases in which I forget to email customers as I got a lot of them and some with simillar names. Please understand that. And if such thing happen email me again and again.

I will get to the bottom of this within 24 hours. I would like to offer $30 refund for the inconviniece. And if by tomorrow the post office will not get it solved and we can not confirm it , then I will send a new laser via EMS Express on my account.

Last edited:
Re: Unhappy with Sci-Fi Lasers

Joker,

I responded to your email, don't worry about doing a partial refund, you already gave me a good price on the laser.

Status
Not open for further replies.