Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scammed by jake21!!!!

ban jake?

• yes

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • i dont know

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • yes - forever

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • yes - 6 months

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • yes - 1 month

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • yes - let c0ld decide

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a simple case of selling what he doesen't have, then he orders and murphy kicks him in the nuts...

Yes. He was having problems with bills. Jacob is a really nice guy once you know him as a close friend. He needs penicillin to stay alive. He had a brain tumor when he was younger at a age of 12, and he has had to take alot of meds to stay alive. I hope the best for him. For sake i think we should be sending get well cards or some sort. He will get to you. He is only 22, and a busy man just getting started. Give some time and lets hope he pulls through fine. He makes no money out of his sales, maybe a few dollars. He sold me a 16x complete flash light laser with the cr123 for 25$ shipped. Alone the parts were over 45$ ! Thank you.

I work with people who come in sick just to feed their family, no sympathy from me. No excuses, he should get SSI then. I have my own problems I deal with them, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the fire. 3 medications I take, I have spent years learning to deal with what most can't imagine. No excuses, get up get your job done ask me about my coworker Jonna...

Jake played games with me twice once when I started here, PMed that he had the best deals... I think it was a red 200mW or something I was new by a few weeks. Time passed ... He lied and lie about not having a car usual excuses liars make. Had he just been straight with me no problems. Had to threaten paypal dispute and a forum post he prompted returned my cash then. I don't play games. Second time I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt he want to hire a machinist. This is my fault for wasting the time. He did not understand what a blueprint was and how exact it needed to be. I ended up doing a drawings to help him even asked some very educated people and wasted THEIR time. Jake lied again, I asked him if he was still interested and he said I just need time.

I keep logs of everything if any doubt is order. Jake needs to mature and learn this is business not a game. Someone will get upset at some point that has a position, people get sued all kinds of things are possible. For his own good he should stay out unless he can be 99% reliable. That is my compassion talking, as this stuff catches up with you.

If he has serious problems have a friend help do the shipping or something so everything gets where it is supposed to. My .02 and this needed to be written new people should not be caught like that.

I do hope for the best for Jake however but in regards to business this needed to be written.

Last edited:
Mail fraud is a very serious crime. If someone commits to a sale, takes your $ and then starts giving you nothing but B.S., well they can in the long run wish they had taken care of those mail orders. The punishment can easily include jail time. Just my USD $0.02 worth.

Jaseth

Exactly Glenn, that is why Jake should simply come forward and explain what has happened. Even if what has happened is simply that he has taken too many orders and decided that ignoring customers was the easiest way out, coming clean and getting peoples money and stuff back to them is the only way he can stay out of really serious trouble. I don't think he realises just how bad this is if he keeps it up.

Mail fraud is a very serious crime. If someone commits to a sale, takes your $ and then starts giving you nothing but B.S., well they can in the long run wish they had taken care of those mail orders. The punishment can easily include jail time. Just my USD $0.02 worth.

This is not the first time that a member is selling items it he/she doesnt have. (Bluefusion).

svars1

i paid to have my laser built by him, he claims he posted back aswell!!
im only pissed off coz he lied.

Jaseth

Exactly svars1, I think the general feeling is that if he comes clean and apologises and gets people their things and money eventually, he will not be ripped to shreds and flamed for all eternity.. but if he keeps on hiding, lying and stealing, this thing will result in charges of mail fraud VERY possibly leading to prison time.

Jaseth

Eku stop trying to joke around a serious subject. You could be prosecuted for issuing threats. Just keep out if you have no relevant input.

Eku

Wait a secound when did I threaten sombody,anyways it's true everybody who has been sent a package from jake knows his address.

Nevermind.

Why is there no thread to post your bad experiences with jake21/22 anyways?

Last edited:

Jaseth

Or letter bombs.
That could easily be called a serious threat or encouragement to crime, even if it was just a bad joke.
This thread and Hallucynogenics are fine to post about your bad experiences with Jake in.

Children please, enough ridiculousness.

What is notable is that Jake has not posted here.

Please don't ban him - I think he is having a hard time with his ilness, and if you needed more money to stay alive, don't you think you would put in more effort to make money, and perhaps delayed the problems for a while. He owes me stuff, but with a patient attitude, he will make it through.

We didn't ban BlueFusion, did we?

Jaseth

He can't make money from selling things he hasn't got no matter how hard a time he is having - that is still fraud. If you are faced with a situation where you need money to stay alive you can borrow from your family, your friends, the bank.. you don't just commit fraud because it is the easiest way to get some quick money.
He has been on LPF and continued to post in his sales thread without even replying to the many people who are waiting for their things. He hasn't even put in a single comment in these threads to say "Sorry guys, I will be back in a week to sort things out" or anything like that.
He cannot delay orders several months and then just casually do other stuff such as creating new sales threads and PMing random noobs to advertise his products.
With the way he is acting it looks more and more like his illness is just yet another lie.

And Jake, if you are reading this why don't you step forward and prove me wrong?

Krutz

a poll? i voted for "ban".
i dont know all details (nor does anyone here but him). he may prove himself right, or change to a better behavior, at any time. my "ban" isnt to ban him personally, but to ban his account. it implies other things than the things which happen, to say at least. i am fine with him starting over with a new account, and "noobs" thinking twice, or even better, reading up about him, before doing business with him (simply because of his, then, low posts and rep).
"3190 posts" and "412 rep"? yes, thats an impressive number. he obviously isnt all bad, or at least not all bad to all people. thats why i would give him a second chance and not ban him completely (if that would be technically possible, anyway). i would react a lot harsher if it wasnt for his points.
and i agree with most of you: there is no excuse for this behavior. its planned and scamming. and it has to stop right here, one way or another.

people like him make me wish for a function to make "sticky notes" to any members name that i see every time that name shows up..

manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.