Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Scammed by jake21!!!!

ban jake?

• yes

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • i dont know

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • yes - forever

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • yes - 6 months

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • yes - 1 month

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • yes - let c0ld decide

Votes: 20 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaseth

I think the main problem they are having is that he does not respond.. It doesn't seem like anyone has rushed to conclusions, all the current people who have a problem with Jake say they have attempted to contact him on Jake21, Jake22 and his email with no answer.
When IgorT had his tax problems it quickly showed that a combination of warning everyone about it and having a good reputation made most people wait extremely patiently.
When you don't warn people, never reply and have previously had some trouble with organisation leading to people not getting their stuff, your customers will be very worried about their money.

Great about your post, hope it gets a nice sticky :) It is really what we need to save sellers and buyers here from bad experiences.

diachi

Guys , he could be in hospital or anything ! I'm pretty sure he is Diabetic , and I'm also pretty sure that he was having trouble paying for the medication for it. Maybe he took a bad turn ?

Always use reversible transactions! Egold, western union, and money orders are all bad ideas.

D

Deleted member 8382

Guys , he could be in hospital or anything ! I'm pretty sure he is Diabetic , and I'm also pretty sure that he was having trouble paying for the medication for it. Maybe he took a bad turn ?
he is posting on jake22 while all this happens >.>

I was told to watch out for him by various members, I'm glad I did.

Jaseth

Yeah I heard the same Diachi, and have told some of the people who have problems with him about it.. The thing is that some of these transactions are months old and have still not been sorted out or even answered, and IIRC I read that someone else had been in contact with him a few day ago where he sent a replacement lens for one he had sent out scratched.
Obviously us people standing on the sideline don't know the details of the communication which there has been (or in many cases, hasn't been) between him and his buyers, and it doesn't seem like anyone knows if he is in hospital or safe and healthy.
All I know is that Jake has previously had trouble keeping track of orders and it ended in a big mess, and lately a lot of newer members have complained about him.
I hope this thing works out either way. Jake seems to be a good guy despite his chaotic customer service and will most likely return at some point and make this better.

svars1

could be in hospital?
i was informed by hallucyogen that he is logging on with an alternative account?
like jake22 or something?

Yes. He was having problems with bills. Jacob is a really nice guy once you know him as a close friend. He needs penicillin to stay alive. He had a brain tumor when he was younger at a age of 12, and he has had to take alot of meds to stay alive. I hope the best for him. For sake i think we should be sending get well cards or some sort. He will get to you. He is only 22, and a busy man just getting started. Give some time and lets hope he pulls through fine. He makes no money out of his sales, maybe a few dollars. He sold me a 16x complete flash light laser with the cr123 for 25$ shipped. Alone the parts were over 45$ ! Thank you.

yeah, as wesdaman said, ive talked to jake, and traded and done buiness with him. give him a chance....i mean, if you had to pay to stay alive, you might have trouble sending lasers to ppl

Eku

I have gotten scammed three times by three different people.

1st person. Refunded the money after I contacted him for a while.
2nd person . Refunded the money after I opened a paypal despute.
3rd person. Refunded 35% of the money after a LONG talk he's not worth it.

I hope he sends atleast sends the kit back or sends you how much you paid him and how much the kit cost.

svars1

he said he posted it back when i pmed him
buts its been 2 months now

svars1

I have gotten scammed three times by three different people.

1st person. Refunded the money after I contacted him for a while.
2nd person . Refunded the money after I opened a paypal despute.
3rd person. Refunded 35% of the money after a LONG talk he's not worth it.

I hope he sends atleast sends the kit back or sends you how much you paid him and how much the kit cost.

you are australian right?
when i recieve the kit back (hopefully) if its not assembled i will definatley send to you or spyder

Status
Not open for further replies.