Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sanwu RGB review

Podo

Tero's RGB is using 635-520-450 diodes and Bob's RGB is using 635-525-455 diodes, Bob RGB is bit more brighter.

Also 30 minutes of running time would definitely affects the alignment of the beams from the thermal expansion of the laser module.

Last edited:

Awesome, to both of yah enjoy, I do realise production is going to be slow on these but can we get an idea on the price and units in stock,

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Excellent product and excellent review. The alignment is very good all things considered. Not bad at all.
Thanks for the review Tero. :beer:

Good work Podo on this unit. :beer:

BobMc

What's a dust lens? I have 2 Challenger 2's and I only notice the focus lens (G7). I have the 1 Watt 520 nm so I'm concerned.

Sanwu uses dust lenses on the top of their units, all but the Pockets. When your looking down from the top your looking at the dust lens. When you unscrew the top portion of the laser and look at the bottom you see the bottom of whatever lens your using.

I have had this problem on only one of my lasers and it is the one I carry with me everywhere, don't leave home without it. :) It also is my special request build, where I had Sanwu push a Red Guardian up to 2.5-2.7 watts. Seeing how it collects a lot of dust and lint from my pocket. Even though I do the best I can to keep the dust lens clean, I use it a bunch, and in the course of time scratches and minuet dust collects and causes the dust cover to become pitted, which in turn causes the lens to get burned, which causes the beam to get distorted. The first and most severe dust lens that got burned happened when I accidentally turned it on when it was in my pocket. Was on for probably better than 3 minutes, which is a insanely long time. (hat tip to Sanwu for building such a unit that could take such abuse and still work like a top once she cooled off, she got smoking hot!) Which burned the first dust lens pretty bad, which brought the dust lens to my attention. So I kept a eye on them. The second is after a couple months worth of use. But you have you remember, I keep this one in my pocket so it's susceptible to getting burned much more than one not carried in one's pocket all the time.

OoAaxRU.jpg

w9oDpkP.jpg

na154I5.jpg

Gzx77Qg.jpg

3NdJAKT.mp4

I don't think you have much to worry about, just keep a eye on them and you'll be fine. Their only 3 dollars a piece and very easily replaced. Hope this sets your mind at ease so you can enjoy your lasers. :)

@ Arctic, sorry to derail your thread, please forgive. :can:

Last edited:
Does Sanwu call this a dust lens or a dust window? I don't know is the reason I ask. It isn't a lens at all. Sure hope it's AR coated.

Great review AD!!
Can't wait to see pics of it in action. My guess on the cost is 899 dollars.
Thanks again for your work

Thanks Bob!
And Rep to you for being so helpful!

I don't think you have much to worry about, just keep a eye on them and you'll be fine. Their only 3 dollars a piece and very easily replaced. Hope this sets your mind at ease so you can enjoy your lasers. :)

Sorry-I just wondered! And thanks again-I'll keep checking for beams! I'll be able to rep you again after I rep Bob.
@ Arctic, sorry to derail your thread, please forgive. :can:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, bunch of cool Sanwu RGB beamshots coming up tomorrow! :p

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Amazing work Tero!
Those pics look great. What a laser, you're lucky to own two different RGB portables.
Good job! :beer:

BobMc

@ArcticDude, :crackup: your “natural fog machine” certainly didn’t let you down.

Thanks for the eye candy in the A.M., a sight for these sore eyes. Beam shot always make me smile. :gj:

@Pelagius, your more than welcome. :)

@Paul, best to ask Sanwu. :thinking:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Sweet beams, AD! :beer:
You can't beat mother natures natural fog machine, that is when she wants to cooperate! :yh:

PS - Guys, don't miss the beam shots in the gallery!

Last edited:
Tero's RGB is using 635-520-450 diodes and Bob's RGB is using 635-525-455 diodes, Bob RGB is bit more brighter.

Also 30 minutes of running time would definitely affects the alignment of the beams from the thermal expansion of the laser module.

I think you are in right tracks here with thermal expansion..
Because yesterday while taking beamshots in a fog, I didn't notice any red beam mis-alignment / drifting! :thinking:

I might redo "Dot Shot" test again, -with shorter runtimes of course. :wave:

Last edited:

Radim

Very nice review and awesome shots, Tero. Thanks for that. :kewlpics::thanks:

Regarding price it might be more than expected:

https://www.everyonetobuy.com/10000mw-red-green-blue-rgb-laser-pointer.html

Here they claim to sell it for 1.6K bucks. Might be fake Sanwu, fake offering or someone just resells Sanwus (pre release note). Anyway the power rating of 10 W speaks for the seller itself. Just the price is interesting (crazy).

Last edited: