Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

Eracoy

I agree, that's a sleek look. You need something decent around one of those wonderful higher power diodes. This looks up to spreading some heat. The focus adapter is another nice touch I've noticed his builds do well.

How have you found heat sinks to compare with dissipating fins vs unmachined mass? I imagine performance depends heavily on dumped power and the shape of the sink/host. The aesthetic benefits of grooves and fins make up for any difference either way!

Hi Red, Thank You
I really like building these 501B's with extended sinks and the sink body extending all the way down to the battery tube for extra mass. Plus the option of 1X18650/2X18350 cells. I would build some AL with a CU core or Full Cu sinks . CU and Brass sinks I do not powder coat won't hid the beauty of the polished material.
@ Eracoy,
Thank you These are ok for short cycles for the higher power diodes. Thats why if a customer chooses to use one they will have enough mass. As for the deep Finns that also wicks away the heat into the air around the sink. As for a solid mass sink I assume it would be also fine
being that these is more material involved . I include focus adapters with all my hosts, I figure a really nice adapter compared to the tiny finger burners were all use to OUCH !!

Rich:)

PhaserBoy

:bumpit:Hi,
I thought i would combine all the services i offer in one thread. I posted just some but if you have something in mind thats all good also.I have other hosts as well, Heat sinks are in Aluminum/Aluminum with copper sleeves and full copper, all heat sinks are included with focus adapters.Aluminum, Copper and Brass are available. Prices vary due to material, time and design and shipping method.PM me for information of what is desired. Here are some pics of what i have on hand but i have other hosts as well.

How do you PM... start conversation?

LaserRanger

Hey Rich, do you have something more pocket friendly for an EDC?

Wait... I just realized that if I use my phone in landscape mode I can see your signature full of hosts.... 😅

Hi, Laser R, Brass 10440 host SOLD..
What do you intend to put in it, I have some small flashlight mods that hold 1X14500 . You can see them in my signature pics one is blue the other is green with a Copper sink. Or I just shipped a 1X10440 brass host they are about 5" long by 5/8" in diameter. Here is a pic.
Rich:)fullsizeoutput_a47.jpegfullsizeoutput_a42.jpegfullsizeoutput_a44.jpegIMG_3103.JPGIMG_3146.JPGIMG_3218.JPG

Last edited:

LaserRanger

Beautiful craftsmanship Rich! That brass host is excellent! And the other ultrafire host with heatsink look awesome! This hobby is dangerous for my wallet hahaha 😎
There's lots of lasers I want to own, I just can't decide on which one to get first 😁🤔🤔 I should be getting a PLT450B and a GH5130B2G soon. Would the brass host handle the heat from any of these two diodes?

Hi Laser R,
I wouldn't go with brass Aluminum or copper are much better. The customer wanted bras and I made brass.The Gh5130b2g is a 515nm 35mW diode and the PLTB450B is a 450nm diode. They would do better in AL or CU. For the 450nm a aluminum battery tube with a Copper sink or AL sink. The 515nm can be set in a AL sink . Get your diodes with drivers set at DTR laser shop He's the best there is been dealing with him for years great guy.

Hi, For Sale.. SOLD ..
Here is a Black Powder coat 501B with driver shelf, prewired with focus adapter deep fins.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_a4f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_a4f.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4494.JPG
    IMG_4494.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4496.JPG
    IMG_4496.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I'll get the blackout 501 with shelf, Pm incoming.

---Edit---

PP sent :)

Last edited:

LaserRanger

Hi Laser R,
I wouldn't go with brass Aluminum or copper are much better. The customer wanted bras and I made brass.The Gh5130b2g is a 515nm 35mW diode and the PLTB450B is a 450nm diode. They would do better in AL or CU. For the 450nm a aluminum battery tube with a Copper sink or AL sink. The 515nm can be set in a AL sink . Get your diodes with drivers set at DTR laser shop He's the best there is been dealing with him for years great guy.

Thanks Rich, i belive I bought my diodes from DTRs ebay store, I still need to get drivers for them and as for the host. I want the copper sink and aluminum tube. What are the prices on a full copper host? Or should I send you a PM? I believe I'm ready to own a legendary Rich host 😎 I do want to contribute with the soldering at least so I want to get a driver with the current already set for the 450 1.6w diode

Thanks!
Luis

LaserRanger

Hi Rich, that is one beautiful looking host! I wonder who the lucky owner of this beauty will be 😉 I wasn't sure how the blue and copper would look together but I see that it makes an awesome combination! Superb craftsmanship

Hi Laser R,
All the translucent colors are awesome with polished Aluminum under the coatings. Coupled with a Copper sink and adapter make a fine looking host. Thanks for looking buddy appreciated ..