Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

GSS

How does the one focus lens tame the 2 dual beams? Do they start out as 1 and focus both to infinity?

RedCowboy

They start very close GSS and the 1 lens collimates just like a wide divergent beam, imagine if the space between the beams was filled in with beam rather than blank space......you see :)

Hey Rich, if I use a 2 inch sink with shelf for 6X and a 1/4 inch thick sleeve or just a 2.5 inch heat sink it comes out the same for the adaptor, but having you turn out a 20mm hole for my module in the 2.5 inch sink gives me that much of a better chance it will be straight ( perpendicular to the base ) than on my old drill press, I can compensate but my 20mm drill bits from China are slightly oversize as well.

The 2.5 inch wide sink actually looks proper in this 12xT6 host, I think 2 inches long will be just fine so lets go 2.0 inches long, drawing included.

Thanks
SANY3351.JPG

SANY3355.JPG
2.5heatsink.JPG

Last edited:

RedCowboy

Great, well I have done this all before and it works just fine, a good rule is always build in the ability to make adjustments.
Rich always does a fantastic job, he's a wonderful go-to guy when I need something that I lack the tooling at home to make properly.
I do build compact sometimes but for my wood burning hobby I like large heat sinks, I am planning some builds with active cooling but I plan a lot and only build some of my ideas, it's quite simply a financial issue otherwise I would be knee deep in Doofensmirtzs style creations as would most of us I expect. :D

Reactions: GSS

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Red,
Thanks buddy some family issues to tend to but all is well for now. All are well as can be..

Rich:)

RedCowboy

Hey Rich, I just received the parts in my mailbox, just what I needed Thanks :D

p.s. I hope your family is doing well, best wishes buddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Red,
Thank You buddy. appreciate the bump. It is still available. might lower it a bit.

Shotgundrums

Interesting build and terrific work as usual, Rich!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
I haven’t been playing with lasers much in the last several weeks, other than an EDC here and there. Been working odd hours and on the road a bunch.
I’ve got a couple xwosee sepic drivers. I soon may put one to a plt5-450 in that white pen you sent me😉
SGD🍻

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Hi SGD,
Wow thats a nice diode of choice, cant wait to see lit up. I like pans they have a special look about them very sleek .

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
fullsizeoutput_a3d.jpegfullsizeoutput_a3c.jpegfullsizeoutput_a3e.jpegfullsizeoutput_a3f.jpegnd focus adapter . Prewired , 1X18650 / 2X18350.
Thank You

RedCowboy

Heeyyy I like that black out 502, those are great for NUGM diodes with 2 x 18350 for the typical 20-30 second blast of photons, nice size package.