Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sale thread/ Hosts/Heat Sinks/Focus adapters/lasers

If you want one badly enough. As I recall these went for ~$40.00 a diode when they were around. Some members bought up more than one and one member was asking $400.00 for one. Nobody else tried to gouge members though.

Hi,
I still keep asking form time to time about those 480's maybe one day the diode fairy will grace me with a few for a good price. Till then onto the next new WL ..

Rich:)

I'd love to see more of them too. But, I don't think Sharp is making anymore of them. :cryyy:

Hi,
SHHHH .. I have a few left and i am hoarding them .. Maybe get one gold plated and framed up as a remembrance of an awesome diodes short reign .

Did you get any of the ones I measured, Chris? I measured a lot of them. If so, you would know its particular WL at resting temperature.

Cool, Chris. I have seen so many diodes, I can't remember who got what back then. I have measured over 75 diodes since Sharp started making these new WLs.

Oh, Yeah. Those were from the most recent 495nm diodes. I have a spare one too. I thought you got one of the 480nm ones. They were mostly 473nm to 478nm as Sharp was trying to make a 488nm I believe. Did you get any of those diodes?

Yeah, those are the ones that are all gone and we are not going to see any more of them either. That is the diode I only kept one of. Stupid! :(

GSS

Hi Paul,
I was puzzled about the fail my self so i went ahead and hand delivered the full CU 495 to STA it was really nice to meet an LPF member in the flesh. Ok well i went down to my shop and through the diode alone on the Power meter and the diode is great putting out the norm. The nano failed as with all the lower power diodes as the 495,480 and the 505's the Nano's are set to 275 respectively . So hey i guess it luck of the draw even with the drivers . The best part is i am glad that STA is a happy camper and i also gave him a 14500 cell in a cool little case with the build. STA treat it right wit low duty cycle and no Gorilla tactics buddy LOL!!! Paul thank you for the reply buddy.

That was great Rich:) No corny shipping time jokes this time like I tend to do:bowdown:
Did the two of you spend any time together?
Sta, is Rich as pretty as his hosts?:D:can:

Last edited: