Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Saftey goggles comparison

DrSid

Could it be that these cheap O-likes are same as FocalPrice glasses ?

Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess

They look totally same, and as for green I can tell they work same. Somebody was saying that 'focalprice glasses' don't work well for neither green or 445, but these work on green like charm, exactly like in this picture.

They look totally same, and as for green I can tell they work same. Somebody was saying that 'focalprice glasses' don't work well for neither green or 445, but these work on green like charm, exactly like in this picture.
I ordered those.

Dey chit too, like Wickeds.

Well basically, first pair I got arrived in pieces, though pieces appeared to be very high OD and somewhat of quality. Blocked Bluray and Green excellently.

But replacement I got, total sh*t, out of 200mW of bluray, perhaps 50 mW goes through. I could light a match through them I think, though I never tried.

DrSid

I'm in ordering process of 445 homebuild parts .. as soon as I have first blue photons, I'll check them out.

Only blue I have is weak 'black light' near UV LED. And it behaves interestingly ! The blue is blocked completely .. but it shines some orange through. I wonder where it gets there. If you look at the diode through the glasses .. you see orange. But if you look into the diode without glasses short while before .. it looks purple through the glasses too ! Those blues can clearly play tricks on your eyes.

EDIT: found some more blue LEDs on notebook power supply. No blue photon gets through, but you still can see the LED glow weak orange. Also I have projection clock with strong blue LEDs, and they too only show weak orange.

Last edited:

DJNY

Member "Grix" told that there are 2 types of this model, O-Like had the good ones.

I'm in ordering process of 445 homebuild parts .. as soon as I have first blue photons, I'll check them out.

Only blue I have is weak 'black light' near UV LED. And it behaves interestingly ! The blue is blocked completely .. but it shines some orange through. I wonder where it gets there. If you look at the diode through the glasses .. you see orange. But if you look into the diode without glasses short while before .. it looks purple through the glasses too ! Those blues can clearly play tricks on your eyes.

EDIT: found some more blue LEDs on notebook power supply. No blue photon gets through, but you still can see the LED glow weak orange. Also I have projection clock with strong blue LEDs, and they too only show weak orange.
Sound like the first broken pair that arrived. Replacement was which sucked.

Thanks to this post I went along & ordered the o-like goggles. I had no idea how bad WLs would've killed my eyes with the S3 Arctic. Thanks for posting this

flecom

Wicked's goggles being the last in comparison was certanly expected.
How much by your estimation to they let through of each laser, safe or not safe in the event of direct hit ?

judging from the video, nowhere near safe

Hi DJNY,
Well done. :gj:I will arrange shipping you one of our 200-540nm goggles to you next time for test.

DJNY

Nice Gray! I really appreciate that!
Would be great to ship it out with the laser next week ;)

I´m going to do a power test with all of the goggles in the OP including JETLASER´S 200-540nm goggle. Hope everything arrive before my university starts again.
I have a friend´s HD video cam lying next to me, so I plan to include a nice video during testing the goggles!

Kenom

I have the Eagle Pair goggles from Fleabay here $26.99 free shipping.

They do not let any of the beam from the Arctic through and are certified OD4
DSCF1754-1.jpg

The person that sells these goggles lives in my town and is bringing me over a pair of these to review. It is my hope that they will test out alright and that we can get a reduced price (they are already pretty cheap) for a bulk order. Look for teh review soon

Nice Gray! I really appreciate that!
Would be great to ship it out with the laser next week ;)

I´m going to do a power test with all of the goggles in the OP including JETLASER´S 200-540nm goggle. Hope everything arrive before my university starts again.
I have a friend´s HD video cam lying next to me, so I plan to include a nice video during testing the goggles!

Hey DJNY,
Yes, we will include the goggles with the laser when the laser is available and it's upsetting that the new Titanium lasers are delayed again and we've been sorry and mad about it.:cryyy:

Have a nice weekend.

Hey DJNY,

Could we have some direct hit tests, with the goggles between the laser and the wall?

Some goggles that work for viewing may or may not work for a direct hit from a reflection.

DJNY

Hey DJNY,
Yes, we will include the goggles with the laser when the laser is available and it's upsetting that the new Titanium lasers are delayed again and we've been sorry and mad about it.:cryyy:

Have a nice weekend.

No problem Gray. Better to wait a bit longer for good work than hesitate for less good work. Just PM me when it is finished ;)

@goninanbl00d
Did you talk about tests like in the WL vs OEM glasses vid in the OP thread?

No problem Gray. Better to wait a bit longer for good work than hesitate for less good work. Just PM me when it is finished ;)

@goninanbl00d
Did you talk about tests like in the WL vs OEM glasses vid in the OP thread?

I have no idea which thread or video you're referring to.

My idea was you have the PGL-III-C and O-Like pointed at a white wall. Place goggles in the beampath, and see what leaks through onto the wall.

Mind you, you'd have to keep moving the goggles around so they don't melt.