Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Right now it must really be a uneasy feeling to be in your spot

This eekbayer must be worried about now==perhaps stuck with 30,000$(retail) of 445nm multi-NODE diodes see his price drop and no sales so far--wonder why.

NOTE: I just received 150x more of these diodes. The market for these are small and I need to recover my investment. I've lowered the price and will entertain bulk / volume orders! (reasonable offers only please) Thanks!====and he says---I am shipping from Southern California, I will deliver after work if you pay cash.

[Single Nichia Blue Laser Diode
........ Nichia Blue Laser Diode 445nm 50mw Multi-Node - eBay (item 110539364476 end time Jun-02-10 22:55:59 PDT)
and here

Nichia Blue Laser Diode 445nm 50mw Multi-Node - eBay (item 110541723165 end time Jun-05-10 22:55:19 PDT)

Last edited:

Re: Right now it must really SUCK to be you!!

I'm pretty sure that's kingstonmeo based on his username (kingstonmeo mentioned usually dealing with high-performance engines) and the pictures.

This is the chance we all take when buying into emerging technology some times we can take a hit when least expected :tsk:

Dang! I was hoping the seller was not a forum member. I feel his pain tho - I got involved in several money making deals that came back to bit me on the ass over the years..Catch 22

That's a good price for what it is, but with the 1W diodes from the projectors, sadly, his market shrank from some to none over night.

Ouch! Did you notice the output power on those are 50mW?

jayrob

It's confusing, because I read that someone on PL got an e-bay diode that was the same as these projector diodes...

But I don't know if it was from the same seller or not??

Anyway, we really do not know how much the e-bay seller has invested. (or do we?) For all we know, he got them from the projectors, and didn't really know the power of the diodes to list them properly.

If that's the case, he probably already made plenty of profit...

Only he knows...

Last edited:

What could be worse??-- having all your IRA invested in BP and Toyota stock, maybe?? My dad bought a 2009 Saturn Vue--a few months later-- no more Saturn-- @ Jayrob-- this sellers completd listings ended in no sales.

Last edited:

Hell, who knows if this person just ripped them from projectors, priced them at the "going rate" for 445nm diodes at the time, made claims about what he paid for them, and reaped the profits. Even if he sold 1-2 he'd pretty much break even.

oikos

where did he get them?

If this is kingstonmeo, he said he got them from a buddy in Japan that buys stuff from bankrupt companies.

Thats quite a shame, but its part of the risk you take when trying to profit on a quickly growing market

This eekbayer must be crapping his pants about now==stuck with 30,000$(retail) of 445nm multi-NODE diodes see his price drop and no sales so far--wonder why.

NOTE: I just received 150x more of these diodes. The market for these are small and I need to recover my investment. I've lowered the price and will entertain bulk / volume orders! (reasonable offers only please) Thanks!====and he says---I am shipping from Southern California, I will deliver after work if you pay cash.

shhh:shhh: dont tell ebay:tsk: meet me behind Walmart!! bring small bills- I will be the guy with the desperate look in my eyes.

Single Nichia Blue Laser Diode
........ Nichia Blue Laser Diode 445nm 50mw Multi-Node - eBay (item 110539364476 end time Jun-02-10 22:55:59 PDT)
and here

Nichia Blue Laser Diode 445nm 50mw Multi-Node - eBay (item 110541723165 end time Jun-05-10 22:55:19 PDT)

Thanks for the link juice :)

As for crapping my pants over $30k of diodes.... Well... I have 22 (twenty two) Nissan GTR engines sitting in storage right now. If you ever make it to the Nissan dealer you'll probably get a price quote of $20-30k for EACH engine. These have me sweating a bit more ;)

In all seriousness these diodes are a bit different - I have a medical supply company that is purchasing them from me consistently but in small qtys (50 pcs/month).

I was actually just informed I have 1k supply of these (which I didn't pay for thankfully). Anyone looking for NEW diodes in 100x qtys lets talk - I can get close to the Casio GB price.

Cheers!

I could be wrong but I beleve he was selling them befor these projectors were on the market.
It,s also my impression he bought a "lot" from Nachia.
I have been wrong befor though, seems like at least once :crackup:

I have 22 (twenty two) Nissan GTR engines sitting in storage right now

:wtf:

I say we all go to one of the Earth's poles, attach all 22 (twenty two) GTR engines to the pole, affix the mount to the ISS, and then slow the earth so that night lasts for a few days! THEN you can sell these blue laser diodes more easily once everybody realizes that they need light that can reach far in these long nights. Just my 2 cents.