Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RGB laser on ebay for 9 bucks??

Radim

Guys, I do not believe this listing personally. :D Shouldn't there be like 90 bucks? 9 bucks is like for the adapter only... If that is true, might be worth, just for fun even the supposed quality will be likely very poor. Still as it uses 532 nm for green it is likely not IR filtered at this price IMO, so take care. The only scenario (and likely IMO), where the quality might be good - if this is some stock cleaning of unsold items, I assume that from 532 nm module as I would expect 520 nm nowadays in these RGBs.

For the price, I will take it for the parts, even if the diodes aren't working. I don't expect to get it, got to be a scam but hopeful it isn't.

diachi

For the price, I will take it for the parts, even if the diodes aren't working. I don't expect to get it, got to be a scam but hopeful it isn't.

Hell, the mirror mounts alone are probably worth more than $9. :D Definitely worth the parts if it even shows up. :p

Last edited:
Diachi, here is your chance to get a half dozen or more of these. This guy's rating, short as it is, has now dropped to 83.3% and people are still biting. This reminds me of a county fair I went to back in 1970. They had a hawker selling the promise of better things to come if people would only keep giving him money. In the end, he gave out 25 cents worth of junk for $5.00 in cash and finally left saying, "all sales are final." :D

jnrpop

^ha, either this seller has a very sneaky ,fine print method he is going to use, and walk away with a pretty decent amount of cash,

Or

There is going to be alot of very satisfied customers.....and i mean alot!. He keeps on updating the quantities available, the 1W 520nm diodes are back for sale too,

'Keep your thoughts positive at all times and get ready for lift off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :beer:

Last edited:
What I find interesting here is the fact that techhood (a reputable seller as I heard) is selling same thing for 80usd
RGB 400mW White Laser Light Module/532nm+650nm+450nm/TTL Modulation/Plug&Play | eBay

So maybe this guy stole techhood´s car before discovering that is was full of these RGB lasers, green LDs and what else he is selling there?

In his place I would send to all "early adopters" the right items for 9 dolars each and only then, after happy pictures are posted on LPF and hundreds of members start ordering - then 25 cents worth of junk is on the list...

Techhood is reputable. I have purchased from them many times. I suspect he is using their listing to offer whatever it is he is actually selling. If he were trying to get the first few people to give him great feedback, he is off to a terrible start. Normally, no one here would purchase from a seller with so few sales and an 83.3% rating, But, the draw of getting something for nothing is strong here and people who should know better are throwing caution to the wind.

I saw the first set and ordered RGB and the diode.

I agree it seems to good to be true, but I'm patient :)

Both of them are marked shipped as of 4/30/17

time will tell, but either way i'm good. If it doesn't show up and I get refunded, I will have a little extra in the Paypal savings fund :)

Last edited:

Encap

The same guy who has only 4 sales to his name is now offering 1W Nichia 520nm diodes for $7.99 Buy it now price LOL

Has to be a joke/scam unless it is stolen mechandise the RGB for $8.00 and free shipping.

A lot of people claim there are a lot of ebay scams --up to 1/3 of merchandise on ebay is just fencing stolen goods or copying other peoples adverts and just aking the money and shipping nothing. ebay does nothing about it because they say when the guy signed up he said he would not scam--they refer you to the FBI. Crazy world.

see: NICHIA 520nm 1W High Power Laser Diode/Extracted from laser array w/ ball lens | eBay

Last edited:
I popped for the RGB too.
45 days then dispute
I sent the seller a messg -no reply yet.

Radim

Well, it is a lottery ticket. So why not? Chances for win seem quite high, according to experience I see here. ;)

GSS

The same guy who has only 4 sales to his name is now offering 1W Nichia 520nm diodes for $7.99 Buy it now price LOL

Has to be a joke/scam unless it is stolen mechandise the RGB for $8.00 and free shipping.

A lot of people claim there are a lot of ebay scams --up to 1/3 of merchandise on ebay is just fencing stolen goods or copying other peoples adverts and just aking the money and shipping nothing. ebay does nothing about it because they say when the guy signed up he said he would not scam--they refer you to the FBI. Crazy world.

see: NICHIA 520nm 1W High Power Laser Diode/Extracted from laser array w/ ball lens | eBay
So even if he were to send a pic of this RGB unit in a box he's in the clear from the law?

Last edited:
If stolen, half price would still bring buyers and more "profit." Gotta be pure scam, but why so low, even then? I suppose to attract more suckers.

jnrpop

Im guessing this is the main thread now, about this bizarre ebay seller,

So did anyone see this:

Quote: "Based in United States, tlgnjackb52 has been an eBay member since Sep 24, 2016" :thinking:

This could be a US Ebay account, hacked by someone in ???, and using a discreetly setup paypal account, he/she could be walking away with a fair bit of $$$.....

Hoping for the alternative :bowdown:

Last edited:

diachi

This could be a US Ebay account, hacked by someone in ???, and using a discreetly setup paypal account, he/she could be walking away with a fair bit of $$$.....

I had a similar thought, comparing past feedback (description and dates) with current listings. Either way, eBay/PayPal should keep us protected at least, right?