Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Reke 500RGB (laserius projectorus-cheapus)

Re: Reke 500RGB

the Blanking fails and it does the wrong colors. i tried to switch every kind of channel in the ezaudac.ini but without effort. so it must be soldered wrong somewhere...

Set the ini file to the defaults and swap the wire for the intensity channel with the wire for the green channel and see if that fixes it.. I haven't tried it myself but I was told this will take care of the color problem.

As far as blanking goes that could be a software issue, what program are you using?

Xer0

Ok thanks, i will try the swap by time. i used HE Laserscan and LFI for testing

Shot a nice Vid in our foggy night now:
Nokia N8 - 1: default mode 2: low light mode 3: night mode

Last edited:

Xer0

you only need to paste the channel code iUQiHngao78 then it's embedded :)

Ah, thx. seemed like dark magic!

Duh... my DAC has to be resolderes, some wires got off :yabbem:

// yay. 2nd Projector is landed in Germany already, DHL took less than 24h this time. will have it in my hands tomorrow morning :)

Last edited:

Ah, thx. seemed like dark magic!

Duh... my DAC has to be resolderes, some wires got off :yabbem:

// yay. 2nd Projector is landed in Germany already, DHL took less than 24h this time. will have it in my hands tomorrow morning :)

Sucks about your DAC, good about your PJ... Canada Post has had my Pangolin for over a week now... I dunno what their doing with it... bloody bastards....

Give it a while, I am sure it will come.

I hope so

Processed Through Sort Facility, November 04, 2011, 1:43 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility, October 31, 2011, 8:50 pm, SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Acceptance, October 31, 2011, 7:09 pm, CHINA PEOPLES REP

I hope so

Processed Through Sort Facility, November 04, 2011, 1:43 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility, October 31, 2011, 8:50 pm, SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Acceptance, October 31, 2011, 7:09 pm, CHINA PEOPLES REP

According to random dorks on the internet once it gets to ISC it's past customs and just fucking around in the UPS network and no further tracking info will show up... Give it a few more days they may be holding it to meet some artificial deadline (because they didn't get paid enough for super fast service). You can always call them, usually customer service has more info than you can get on the website.

According to random dorks on the internet once it gets to ISC it's past customs and just fucking around in the UPS network and no further tracking info will show up... Give it a few more days they may be holding it to meet some artificial deadline (because they didn't get paid enough for super fast service). You can always call them, usually customer service has more info than you can get on the website.

Dammit. I shouldn't have read that :). Now I am hoping it will show up today but the tracking wont tell me that.

Thanks for the info.

Dammit. I shouldn't have read that :). Now I am hoping it will show up today but the tracking wont tell me that.

Thanks for the info.

Keep in mind the "random dorks" part of my statement... Call UPS if you want and get the real scoop.

At least you don't know where yours is unlike mine where I know it showed up in town but their going to hang on to it just long enough so they can't deliver it before the holiday and I will have to wait till next week to play with my Pangolin.

Xer0

duh. crappy dappy audio dac. broke the gnd on the ilda cable, lost some cables from the soundcard, no time today to fix it. and it must be recalibrated. gnah... i will need to get a riya or something plug and play thingy -.-

duh. crappy dappy audio dac. broke the gnd on the ilda cable, lost some cables from the soundcard, no time today to fix it. and it must be recalibrated. gnah... i will need to get a riya or something plug and play thingy -.-

Sounds like your having bad luck with it... I just got mine ready to go from Adam. Though I am dumping it now because my Pangolin
african-tree-pangolin1-300x298.jpg
came today kaluh kalay!!

Sounds like your having bad luck with it... I just got mine ready to go from Adam. Though I am dumping it now because my Pangolin
african-tree-pangolin1-300x298.jpg
came today kaluh kalay!!

If you are getting rid of yours, and it works, send it to me :D

Last edited:
I got mine today!:D

Shipping speed: Acceptable... China to Canada ( ordered 28oct and got it 10nov)
Packing: Excellent, Dual cardboard box and bubbles etc
Unit conditions: Clean, no unthightened screw, just loosy pcb
Working condition: Pretty good. the green is a little missaligned with the rest, but i can tolerate.

Overall opinion:

I connected it and played with. ( I had in mind the few video i saw of it on youtube) but my own impression with my unit is far better than i expected.. at least for a product of 270$ shipped ( no tax no duty fee!) The power seem enough to give good visual output on most conditions.
I was impressed bu the angle it can cover!!... I projected it in my garage ( 15 x 30' and with the white wall and the projector centered on the wall in front of me, the beam was covering also the sidewall, giving a kind of good immersion into the graphics... the 3D impression is good too.

The only thing i would appreciate is that on the sound mode, that the transitinos and the speed of the moving figure could be adjustable... the pattern size is adjustable but not the speed ( rythme) so if you project with a slow song, the auto mode seem a bit too quick to match the song... but thats a detail as well.

I used odor free silicon to fix the loosy pcb inside to avoid them to unsolder . The X and Y amplifier TDA2030 board was loosy.

The 4o pin chip have a white sticker label with 15K Lck on it.. i guess it's for 15K scanners?

I saw a picture of someone else 500RGB of LPF with the chip label with 10K LcK:thinking:

I also ordered the RGB500 wich is a really similar model except that it is 300mW blue laser and 20K scanners. It should arrive soon, i ordered it two days after the 500RGB.

I will search on this forum to get the best deal on ILDA interface and laser show software.. i saw spaguetti wich seem a good alternative to the pangolin $$$ software.

Personally i would rate this laser projector to 90%. At that price, this is an unbeatable deal!!

Doc

Attachments

• P1080531_800x600.jpg
    P1080531_800x600.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 201
  • P1080532_800x600.jpg
    P1080532_800x600.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 195
  • P1080533_800x600.jpg
    P1080533_800x600.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 163
  • P1080534_800x600.jpg