Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Reke 500RGB (laserius projectorus-cheapus)

Re: Reke 500RGB

Probably won't get there in 3 days but you should have it within a week... You guys should complain to CS about the shipping change.

Hmm. They shipped it EMS even though I paid less for DHL. Oh well I'd be irritated if they charged me for the more expensive shipping after I chose DHL. If it takes longer than 7 days I'll complain but their email said 3-7 days.

One question though. Who does EMS hand off to in the US? USPS? I'm wondering if I'm going to have to sign for it. If it's the USPS I'm usually home from work by the time they get here but if it's UPS or FedEX about half the time they get here before I get home from work which means either going to the depot (boo) or signing the door tag and waiting another day (double boo).

...One question though. Who does EMS hand off to in the US? USPS?...

I believe that EMS hands it off to USPS; though I could very well be incorrect -- the USPS is who used to receive parcels from EMS when they reached the United States anyway.

You are correct USPS takes EMS and you will have to sign for it

My Audiolase just shipped today so I should have it in a week or so. I grabbed a whole pile of ILDA stuff off PL and there is a lot of really cool shit out there! I hope my projector doesn't turn it into trash on a bun. Anyway I am super excited to try this out.. I will be trying to get LFI player working with it and will post my experience and hopefully in the coming months I will have paid all the crap off and can afford to buy Spaghetti and I will review that with this laser when the time comes.. Anyway I'm super excited :)

Well today I added a aux-in jack to my projector.. The system works as normal on the mic if nothing is connected to the jack and once you plug in an audio source it starts using that instead of the mic... it's pretty sweet and works around the super low mic levels.

jack.jpg

Last edited:

ARG

My Audiolase just shipped today so I should have it in a week or so. I grabbed a whole pile of ILDA stuff off PL and there is a lot of really cool shit out there! I hope my projector doesn't turn it into trash on a bun. Anyway I am super excited to try this out.. I will be trying to get LFI player working with it and will post my experience and hopefully in the coming months I will have paid all the crap off and can afford to buy Spaghetti and I will review that with this laser when the time comes.. Anyway I'm super excited :)

Yeah, I just grabbed the entire PL FTP server today... All 20GB of it
disgruntled.png

Jesus I got 3 gigs... I thought I was only grabbing a few hundred megs... Oh well it's done now :p

Hopefully next week I will have my new toy and be able to take it for a test drive.

BTW new video up on the OP. Has anyone got their projectors yet?

I just got mine -- probably came within the last 90 minutes or so and somebody else in this house signed for it. :)

I love the living tweedle out of it!!! :) :D :)
This guy is definitely going to receive a good rating on my website, despite its obvious limitations (scan speed for complex images being the most major one I have yet to find).

YouTube vid. forthcoming shortly (either a bit later this evening or early tomorrow morning); two different cameras and two ambient light levels were used in a somewhat futile attempt to obtain decent video.

This guy is definitely going to receive a good rating on my website, despite its obvious limitations (scan speed for complex images being the most major one I have yet to find).

YouTube vid. forthcoming shortly (either a bit later this evening or early tomorrow morning); two different cameras and two ambient light levels were used in a somewhat futile attempt to obtain decent video.

Cool. So it's not just me then :p

The scan speed was the only thing I really had to bitch about and if your not drawing fancy animations the speed is just fine. I imagine you could put in some 30k spacelas galvos for 200 bucks or so if one wanted smooth animations.

Should be interesting to see it in a different environment... I like shooting it in the dark with a bit of smoke the best...

FYI After some experimentation I've found a shutter speed of 30 and a aperture of 16 works best on my t2i for videos of the laser in the dark.

Btw is your sound mode as useless a mine? (almost 0 sensitivity)

DAC should be here any day now....

Last edited:

ARG

What's your website? I keep on hearing about it, never seen it though, is it this? The Led Museum

...BTW LED if it's helpful to you feel free to use any part of my review / images for your site.

Thank you very much for your permission!!! :)
I may very well use some of the material:

Reke DMX Guide.txt - DMX channels and descriptions
Reke 500RGB Freestyler Fixture.zip - Fixture file for Freestyler with accurate GoBos

(These two files will of course live on my own server so that bandwidth limitations will not affect you at all!).

Video showing this projector performing in "auto" mode; two different cameras and two different ambient light levels were used in a mainly futile attempt to get a decent video recording. The first camera was a Canon Powershot G3 and the second camera was a Polaroid x530 digital camera. This video is not set to any zax, so you don't have to worry about getting an earwhipping. ;-)

Thank you very much for your permission!!! :)
I may very well use some of the material:

Reke DMX Guide.txt - DMX channels and descriptions
Reke 500RGB Freestyler Fixture.zip - Fixture file for Freestyler with accurate GoBos

(These two files will of course live on my own server so that bandwidth limitations will not affect you at all!).

Go for it, whatever is useful.. text, pics, videos, files, doesn't matter. If I update those files I will make sure to let you know but I highly doubt I ever will.

[VIDEO]YOUTUBE[/VIDEO]
I hope those weird squiggles are just camera weirdness they aren't there on mine. Other than that good video :)

BTW your link at the end doesn't work.. I am guessing it's not ready yet :p

Nice you did spectral on it, pretty sweet... did you LPM it yet? I am curious what it's putting out :)

Last edited: