Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Reke 500RGB (laserius projectorus-cheapus)

"People who are buying $200 projectors don't care about ILDA test frames, they care about "oooh shiny"."

That's not true !
I like the purdy colors...
:umbrella:

I just discovered a very useful feature on mine. In the process of discovering this, I thought it was broken.

On mine (2009 version with key switch), if you move it quickly, the bottom galvo rotates and stays there angling the beam towards the bottom of the unit, and nothing is projected. It resets when the unit is power cycled.

In the text file included with the Freestyler fixture, it says
Code:
0-49		Sound controlled settings (Auto settings are pulsed to the music)
51-149  	Automatic Graphic routines	
151-255  	Manual Control of GOBOS objects

I would like to be able to put mine is sound active mode over DMX, but on mine (2009 with key switch), it only does anything if it's in GOBOS mode. Nothing in sound or auto over DMX, but those modes do work find if I use the dip switches to set them.

Any ideas?

Xer0

the Lasersman-Offer is now at $310.39, you should edit it
still cheaper then at Dino due to "free" shipping, though.

Skappy

Hi Everybody,
I'm the proud owner of the REKE 500RGB.
May i ask you if you think that updating the original galvo with a 40 kbps would be a great idea or not.
I'm not very experienced in this field but i do own a 40 kbps galvo set.

What do you think about it ? Would it allow me to display more complex animation ?
Thank you very much
Have a nice day

Skappy

Hi Everybody,
I'm the proud owner of the REKE 500RGB.
May i ask you if you think that updating the original galvo with a 40 kbps would be a great idea or not.
I'm not very experienced in this field but i do own a 40 kbps galvo set.

What do you think about it ? Would it allow me to display more complex animation ?
Thank you very much
Have a nice day

Skappy

TIPPISlaser is doing that.. ask him. faster usually come with bigger scan amps. is there room?

ARG

TIPPISlaser is doing that.. ask him. faster usually come with bigger scan amps. is there room?

There's plenty of room in my REKE. Could easily stick two sets of DT-40 scan amps in if needed :crackup:

FIRST=not great news from Lasersman== the Xmas special and the free shipping are prolly never coming back==sorry... guys, not for lack of me trying very hard to just give the forum members ONE more shot at a better than 340$+ final price... it was a one-time loss leader sale and those that waited lose out.. if somebody wih deeper pockets than me wants- they can buy them directly from REKE but after two shipping costs the price would still be over 345$ afaik-- and I would not be wanting to collect $$$ to do a GB and carry the burden and risks involved with shipping , customs, taxes, levies etc etc.== REKE only wants 228$ for one---but the 117$ ship cost is a deal killer-- you would have it quick and safely deliered (dhl express is the best$$ can buy) and REKE gives a two yr warranty -- and tested units only go out-- so if you want one bad enough.. fork out the $345.

OH yeah I forgot this-- if you pay for 34 they send 35 projectors and at 67 you get two extras and at 100 you get 3 free-- may be to sweeten the deal or maybe you will need them for the 3% failures--who knows..??? maybe why that is why REKE calls these '3% spares'
anyone owning IShow??? please contact me or Ash asap--TY

hak

Last edited:
Does anyone know where we can buy the parts in those projectors? Specifically, I'd like some of those little dichro mounts they use in there. Everything else can basically be bought and pieced together cheaper than the projector cost, but I've never found those dichro mounts anywhere.

so i love my reke so cheap and with ishow its perfect for my first projector.
however a very nice DMX controller (Chauvet Obey 70) came into my hands the other day and i cannot figure out how to get the reke to work with it.

ive set my dip switches to 1 and 10 on and this will set the reke to receive dmx channel 1-12 correct? because when i move the sliders nothing happens....well some sliders a random pattern will be projected for about a second and then go away. im at a loss as to why this is happening.

now the reke 500rgb on lasersman is $303.69 because producer higher the price !:cryyy: