Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

REVIEW: Rayfoss RF660-200mw-FWT Red (Grey Host)

Hello all, this is going to be my newbie review for the RF660-200mW-FWT, which i bought to replace my dead DX 200mW Dilda.

www.rayfoss.com

I think it is also the first review for this model, i remember someone posted some pics about it but didnt say much but was enough to get me interested in it.

Shipping took around 20 days to reach my hands, this is what package contained, i asked Faona to send me another battery instead charger and she kindly agreed :beer::
dsc00685a.jpg

I was not expecting a flashlight sheath, its very simple and nothing fancy but i like it :yh::
dsc0068701.jpg

Size comparison with the dilda and a newwish pen, i didnt like the original warning label it came with so i changed it for the dilda one:
dsc006900.jpg

dsc00695cj.jpg

Faona told me this host must use protected batteries, if you try to use a normal one this is going to rattle inside and will not make contact at all and just going to be useless, this laser is Negative towards tailcap:
dsc006890.jpg

dsc00696s.jpg

dsc00697jz.jpg

Laser feels very solid, heavy (i like that), tailcap button has a strong click and the grey color looks really cool, the squares in the middle give u a nice grip making the laser much less slippery than flat-surface hosts like the dilda or FLX, etc.:
dsc00709d.jpg

dsc00710p.jpg

Does not come with a wrist strap but there is a little hole on the tailcap so it is possible to add one if you want:
dsc00708u.jpg

Unfortunately i dont own a LPM to measure the output :( but according to Faona is 230mW stable and 244mW peak :thinking:, at any case this is as bright as i remember my dilda was:
dsc00700x.jpg

dsc00701td.jpg

About focus... is very tight and smooth!, so it makes it very accurate, it is so tight that the first time it took me few seconds to realize it was actually moving. lol

There is no splash around the dot, it is very clean except for some lines on the sides, my dilda didnt have them so i dunno if they normal or not:
dsc00703d.jpg

I am not sure if it burns better or same as my dilda used to, but it gives me the impression it burns a little bit better, however when focused it can poke a hole through a thin CD case in no time:
dsc00715d0.jpg

And finally some beamshots :wave:, all i used was my camera night mode (not night vision), there were no fog, smoke or anything in the air, just the dust particles, hope u like them!:

dsc00720s.jpg

dsc00723t.jpg

dsc007280.jpg

dsc00731hf.jpg

It may look like the beam was hitting the keyboard but it was not, guess i need a pair of tripods to make beamshots easier and less shacky :eek:.

Thanks for reading! :thanks:.

Nice Reivew.:) Very clean Pictures.

You Must like fossil watches alot.;)

Glad to see another positive rayfoss review, cool beam shots. I have the same host and love it. They have become my company of choice for price to quality.

ped

+1 on the review.

Good to see new members putting in.

DJNY

You have some very nice, clean pictures. I like them.

+1 for a great first review - hope to read/see more from you in the future!

Thanks everyone i'm glad u liked it!, if xmas leaves me anything left after, ill go for the same model in blu-ray version :san:

...You Must like fossil watches alot.;)

Yup!, i collect watches too and Fossil is my favorite brand by far! :cool:

Thanks everyone i'm glad u liked it!, if xmas leaves me anything left after, ill go for the same model in blu-ray version :san:

Yup!, i collect watches too and Fossil is my favorite brand by far! :cool:

Funny you say this.:) I sometimes not every year help out as a fossil Rep. Promoting around the Holidays.:) For a Friend. "Paid"

There nice watches.

Townes

Thanks for the review. I just ordered this a few days ago as my first burning laser. It's good to see such detailed info on it instead of having to wait for delivery.

Do you have the blue anti-red protective goggles from Rayfoss? If so, how well do they work with the FWT?

@Townes I have the goggles for red from rayfoss but they are not safe! :mad:, even with a 5mW keychain u can still see a red dot wearing the goggles.

To give u an idea, this picture in the review was taken using my goggles:

dsc00703d.jpg

They are the "T-Rex" brand, which O-like seems to sell too, i attached some pics of mine.

Personally im going for an eagle pair:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/e...nm-580-760nm-powerfulpurchase-ebay-55221.html
I have understood they are not certified but ppl and that review show they work very well, besides i love their design! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC00242.JPG
    DSC00242.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 576
  • DSC00241.JPG
    DSC00241.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 224
I am getting this for my birthday and from this awesome review I am glad I picked it.

Thanks, it is a good laser!, mine still working great :tinfoil:

Im not expert but the diode they used is an open can so be extra careful with it, also beware of ESD's, i almost damaged it days ago. :eek:

Hey How good is focusing on this thing? I heard from a few member that it doesnt focus to well which put me off this model so you find nothing wrong with focusing?

Hey How good is focusing on this thing? I heard from a few member that it doesnt focus to well which put me off this model so you find nothing wrong with focusing?

As i mention on the review, focusing is very tight, which IMO is good because that gives u great precision and assures that no matter what, it wont unfocus itself and remain right in the same position u left it.

You can also over focus the beam a little too, so i dont find anything wrong with mine. :yh: