Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review on Firedragon 532nm 450mw Flashlight Style Elite Green Laser "RPL style"

Re: Review on Firedragon 532nm 450mw Flashlight Style Elite Green Laser "RPL style"

I'll need to get one of these :p But I don't has money!

Re: Review on Firedragon 532nm 450mw Flashlight Style Elite Green Laser "RPL style"

Awesome laser! That thing is a little power house!

I must admit I almost cried when it stopped at 597mw and went back down :D :p lol

I really wish I had some more spare cash, I need to get one of these firedragons!

Yes its a beast:eg: I can't get it to break 600mW peak.

When I first seen the drop happening I thought oh no another peak laser then falls flat on its face but when it stopped still above 500mW I was Happy.:)

THis laser never drops bellow 500mW.:wave:

Great review buddy! :beer:

You got very Stable Unit. But no to much overspect :D

Thanks.:) THe Laser is a Good 100mW over spec. IMO That is very good. Even if it was 450mW and not over spec i would be happy.;)

Very nice review angelos :gj:
You have a very nice laser there.
I'll give you another +1 whenever i can :beer:

Jim

Thanks.

Awesome! Can't wait for my 300mW version :D

Which one would that be.?:)

I'll need to get one of these :p But I don't has money!

Its a Cool Laser for the money.:)

Last edited:

Awesome.:wave: That body style i was told was version 2 of the body style I have.

Hope to see some good readings coming from your laser.:)

They both use the same module but probebly diffrent power IR diodes.

When you get yours in can you test the currant at the tail cap.?

Last edited:

I plan to do a full review like you :D

Awesome.:wave: That body style i was told was version 2 of the body style I have.

Hope to see some good readings coming from your laser.:)

They both use the same module but probebly diffrent power IR diodes.

When you get yours in can you test the currant at the tail cap.?

Looks like the only difference is in the power switch, otherwise same exact laser. At least cosmetically.

I doubt there is a different IR diode in there, probably the same exact one, but they are binned for efficiency.

Also you mentioned thin beam, and rhd was able to achieve this by using a different acrylic lens... so maybe that's different in your laser as well.

How is the divergence on this laser? That was the other problem with the original GB firedragons. (The first problem being the very thick beam - at least IMO thick.)

Nice laser you got, and great review as always:beer:

Last edited:

I would not say the beam is Super thin but i have seen the Firedragon laser you are specking of with the wide beam and this one is much better.

I have not Measured divergence but its a little worse then My CNI Green. Ill check later and let you guys know. Its nothing special but not Bad to say the least.

I also think that with better optics this laser/ "Kind of Module" can put out even more power. Iam not going to experiment with this one because i really like this laser but i have been trying to get a Dead CNI PGL-III-C for like a years now with no luck.:( Gotten close but no Cigar as they say. Once i do though i should be able to finish my project that i have been working on for a wail now as you can see.:)

Last edited:

benmwv

I would not say the beam is Super thin but i have seen the Firedragon laser you are specking of with the wide beam and this one is much better.

I have not Measured divergence but its a little worse then My CNI Green. Ill check later and let you guys know. Its nothing special but not Bad to say the least.

I also think that with better optics this laser/ "Kind of Module" can put out even more power. Iam not going to experiment with this one because i really like this laser but i have been trying to get a Dead CNI PGL-III-C for like a years now with no luck.:( Gotten close but no Cigar as they say. Once i do though i should be able to finish my project that i have been working on for a wail now as you can see.:)

Is the idea something like putting a shorter fl lens closer to the output so it catches more light? Or is it a secret project? ;)

No No its no Secret. I just want to try some new optics and need the host.

When the Green light comes out of the Crystal its usally thin when its hitting the Expanding lens.

I think with a much better Expanding lens and colimting lens you should see a increase in power. Better AR coating is also a factor.

Iam not even sure if this will even make a diffrence at all but iam guessing it will. Only time will tell.

Just ordered one.

Sajo

Wow! - amazing beamshots :kewlpics:... You must have a dusty home :-D. Just kidding.
Beam doesn't look as bright in the video though. Still I would kill for a laser like this.
:lasergun:

DJNY

Sajo, why not just buyig it :thinking:

Firedragon-

Sajo

Sajo, why not just buyig it :thinking:

Firedragon-

Ohh don't get me started DJNY xP.

The only laser I currently own is a 100 mw pen pointer (which is horribly under-spec) - and trust me - I've really been on the lookout for a new lasers. Especially a green one. As this will be my first "real" laser. However I have a keen eye for Lazerer 400 mW one, because I really like how the host looks.

As I am about to buy my first one, I really want to make sure that I get the right one x).

I would like to see this laser burn some stuff, before I'd commit to buy x). I think I'll go look for a youtube video, if I can find any ;).

Great review man ! :) I wish I could buy one too... :)

viro

wow, they are going for 210$ now!? the fuck im gonna buy one :D

Last edited:

This doesn't seam to be a bad deal for $210 + $2 for tracking.