Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of Rayfoss 200mW Green Focusable Laser Torch(RF 532-200mW-FLX) + New Pics

Dusty

Re: Rayfoss 200mW Green Focusable Laser Torch(RF 532-200mW-FLX)

I was told not more than 1 minute. I'm keeping it to even less to avoid problems :)

Never exceeded 1 minute.
I usually turn laser on for just 10-20 seconds.
No matter what ambient temperature is or how much time I keep laser on, TEM01 is always present.
It's not very noticeable so I don't mind.
I prefer solid look of laser....big heatsink and feel heavy in hand.
With this big heatsink duty cycle isn't big problem.
I never felt that laser is warm.

I never run mine for more than a minute either, not even for a minute most of the time...:)

Benm

Re: Review of Rayfoss 200mW Green Focusable Laser Torch(RF 532-200mW-FLX)

One minute duty cycle does seem very meager. I really wish they would put these modules in larger hosts that can heatsink continous operation, the whole warm-up-and-crap-out design approach seems like bad engineering that could easily be overcome to me.

jeffd

One minute duty cycle does seem very meager. I really wish they would put these modules in larger hosts that can heatsink continous operation, the whole warm-up-and-crap-out design approach seems like bad engineering that could easily be overcome to me.

O that is more than enough heatsinking, it just needs a duty cylce cause its a low quality module!

Benm

The only reason i can imagine it needs to be turned off within a minute is that the whole thing heats up to levels it cannot handle. This would be completely remedied by a bigger case since it just would never heat up to the problematic point as long as the case takes enough heat out.

Greens that can run continously tend to be very large for that reason, think hercules and such.

D

Deleted member 8382

The only reason i can imagine it needs to be turned off within a minute is that the whole thing heats up to levels it cannot handle. This would be completely remedied by a bigger case since it just would never heat up to the problematic point as long as the case takes enough heat out.

Greens that can run continously tend to be very large for that reason, think hercules and such.
It's really strange to me too since the laser doesn't heat in any way o.0

BTW: I just checked again and I was right in my first post. It can only do REVERSE focusing, so yes, you can burn at longer distances than 10cm.

A nicely done review & I was delighted to see that one of the 1st pictures was of EYE PROTECTION. Sadly, I think that a lot of members (especially the new ones), tend to buy a laser over 5mW's & don't allow a budget for decent eye protection. When I 1st started in lasers, the 1st thing I bought were goggles. I couldn't even afford my 1st laser for 2 weeks after that, but I knew my eyesight was safe, WELL DONE !!!!..............rob

D

Deleted member 8382

Yes, and considering working googles are 7$ on focalprice, it's even more wierd

That depends on what your definition of "WORKING GOGGLES" is ???????? rob

D

Deleted member 8382

working goggles: goggles that properly reflect up to 99% of the green light for the 0.25s my eye needs to react.

btw, I just noticed the word goggle exists, I thought it was google. (Maybe seeing this word written in big and colorful letters every day has helped lol)

It probably didn't hurt, LOL..................rob

Added to RT!

hey ho, nice review mate. nice beamshots as well! +1

After checking out the other 2 reviews, your def clears some things up for me! As I stated in the other review thread for this Laser, this will be my first Laser :) I was looking for 4 thing in my first Laser...

1. Power, Able to light matches, pop balloons etc. 200mw

2. Needed to be focusable

3. Must be Under $200

4. The seller must disguise the Lasers actual Power as I live in U.S and can't afford to get it seized. :)

IMO this can't be beat!!!

Great Review, AWESOME Pic's BTW

THANKS!

Paul

Dusty

Thanks for the kind words guys!

@EtherMagic - you wont be dissapointed, it is a great laser for the money...:D

Dusty, do you think my laser will create images like yours & i'm totally baffled about how long to leave it off for after using it & what the rules are here!!?

I'm hoping the user manual i get from O-like will tell me all this! it seems that the bigger & more space inside the unit, the longer i can keep it going for?

Dusty

Dusty, do you think my laser will create images like yours & i'm totally baffled about how long to leave it off for after using it & what the rules are here!!?

I'm hoping the user manual i get from O-like will tell me all this! it seems that the bigger & more space inside the unit, the longer i can keep it going for?

Yeh, with your laser you will be able to get similar pics to mine, as the power should be roughly the same...I was told to operate the laser for no more than 1 minute, then switch it off for about 20-30 seconds. This is down to the quality of the module inside which is not as good as say CNI or optotronics. It will probably be similar with your laser, but if you e-mail and ask about the duty cycle they should tell you.