Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review of Rayfoss 200mW Green Focusable Laser Torch(RF 532-200mW-FLX) + New Pics

Dusty

This is my first laser review so here goes:

Price - $150 (£91.65 approx)

Specifications (from Rayfoss.com):

Size:φ40*220MM
Wavelength:532 nm
Power output:180-200mW
Safe Class:ClassⅢB
Circuit:APC
Dot shape: Dot——Circle
Beam: CW
Tolerance of power output:<15%
Dot Size:10 meters<φ18MM
Focus Style:Fixed
Workig Voltage:DC=4.2V

Trigger Voltage: DC=3.6V
Pre-heat duration:No
working Temperature:+20℃~+30℃

Storage Temperature:-10℃~+40℃
Power Supply:One pcs 18650 rechargeable with charger (3.7V,2400mAh)
Color: Electro-plate Black

I ordered this laser on the 2nd of October, payment went through without any problems and I received confirmation of my order from Faona strait away.

The order took along time to be dispatched, due to a Chinese national holiday and it was eventually delivered to me on the 15th of October. communication was good throughout.
I was very excited when it arrived, and immediately inspected the box for damage, and there was none.

The whole host and lens assembly are made from metal apart from the ON button. This one also has the power LED and the tail key switch option.

The quality was higher than i was expecting and the laser feels solid in your hand. The focusing 'wheel' has a smooth movement and is not loose, while
the lens cover opens with a small click and is slightly loose when it is closed, but this is not very noticeable.

This is the first green laser that I have owned so I was impressed when I switched it on to say the least. The beam can be clearly seen in a light room
with no smoke in the air, and looks fantastic on a dark night. The beam seems stable and although I have no LPM to verify the output, I can assure you that is has no problem lighting a match or burning dark materials such as plastic paper, electrical tape and leather.

The beam can be focused to a fine point which is great for burning or focused to infinity. I have not measured the spot at a distance but at a 100 yards the spot appears to be a few inches in diameter.

After 3 weeks of using that laser for a small amount of time each day with a duty cycle of 30-60 seconds on and 15-20 seconds off it is still working fine and still looks brand new:D

I chose this laser because i had read a couple of reviews on LPF saying Rayfoss were good to deal with, and as i had a reasonably small budget this seemed like the one to go for. Overall i am very happy with my purchase and would recommend this laser and Rayfoss to anybody looking to buy a reasonably powerful green laser on a budget.

Below are a few pictures i have taken since getting the laser:

CIMG0789.jpg

CIMG0785.jpg

CIMG0787.jpg

CIMG0758.jpg

CIMG0768.jpg

CIMG0771.jpg

CIMG0792.jpg

CIMG0794.jpg

CIMG0793.jpg

CIMG0778.jpg

CIMG0781.jpg

CIMG0779.jpg

EDIT: Here are a few more beam shots...

CIMG0797.jpg

CIMG0801.jpg

CIMG0804.jpg

CIMG0806.jpg

CIMG0805.jpg

Last edited:

Re: Rayfoss 200mW Green Focusable Laser Torch(RF 532-200mW-FLX)

nice. it seems to have little beam dieameter. can you measure it at aperture ..how many mm? i've heard other people.. that received this laser.. but they said that the focus system was NOT ABLE to do inverse focus. but only to enlarge the beam. and not to focus (for example) the light at 1 meter/30 centimeter to light matches.

if you can check this... :) could be good to know if rayfoss fixed that problem of only expander focus system. most people want to have in hands a laser focused at low distance... to burn :)

Dusty

I meant that the laser will focus to burn at very close range for example 10cm. when it is focused to do that it is unfocused at long range, 'torch mode' if you like, rather than its minimum divergence which is what i meant by infinity. i havnt really been able to get it to focus to burn further than about 10cm...:beer:

ZRTMWA

THanks for the review! Great pics!

Dusty

yeh i was taking a long exposure shot and i moved my hand, lol. I thought they looked cool so i put them in anyway. this laser does burn well at very close range e.g les than 10 cm, but I have not been able to focus it to burn further that that...

Last edited:

Rob

Great pics dude and great review. I was considering of buying this model for my next laser but I think I'd like to take a whack at building one first... :D

D

Deleted member 8382

how? I have this same laser and it CAN burn way longer than 10cm. You need patience on focusing!

Edit: lol not. I just tried

Yours,
Albert

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusty

how? I have this same laser and it CAN burn way longer than 10cm. You need patience on focusing!

Yours,
Albert

It can?! My mistake then, your right I need to spend longer focusing clearly...:eek:

Great pics dude and great review. I was considering of buying this model for my next laser but I think I'd like to take a whack at building one first...

thanks! yeh I would like to make a green using a module n host etc, but will have to wait till I have some more money, lol...:D

@Hallucynogenyc lol...cheers for checking, I thought I was just being a muppet...:beer:

Last edited:

Rob

thanks! yeh I would like to make a green using a module n host etc, but will have to wait till I have some more money, lol...:D

Haha we're in the same boat then. I spent my laser allowance for the next few months already. LOL.

ReNNo

In last picture I can see that beam is more bright on edges and less bright in the center.
Is that problem with camera or problem with laser?

Few days after I've bought 50mW RPL style laser from Rayfoss I realized that laser works in TEM01.

There are two parallel beams and it's hardly noticeable that laser works in TEM01 mode.

However.... it makes divergence worse than I expected and can't burn things.
But after all, rayfoss is still good choice for small amount of money.

Dusty

In last picture I can see that beam is more bright on edges and less bright in the center.
Is that problem with camera or problem with laser?

Few days after I've bought 50mW RPL style laser from Rayfoss I realized that laser works in TEM01.

There are two parallel beams and it's hardly noticeable that laser works in TEM01 mode.

However.... it makes divergence worse than I expected and can't burn things.
But after all, rayfoss is still good choice for small amount of money.

In this case I think it was just the fact that I moved my hand slightly while taking the picture, as the exposure was about 6 seconds...:)

ReNNo

OK, just wanted to check if more lasers from rayfoss have these problems.
I'm happy because of you.

If I take picture of my TEM01 beam, it will look the same as beam in your picture.

Dusty

OK, just wanted to check if more lasers from rayfoss have these problems.
I'm happy because of you.

If I take picture of my TEM01 beam, it will look the same as beam in your picture.

just out of interest what kind of duty cycle do you operate you laser with?

D

Deleted member 8382

I was told not more than 1 minute. I'm keeping it to even less to avoid problems :)

ReNNo

just out of interest what kind of duty cycle do you operate you laser with?
Never exceeded 1 minute.
I usually turn laser on for just 10-20 seconds.
No matter what ambient temperature is or how much time I keep laser on, TEM01 is always present.
It's not very noticeable so I don't mind.
I prefer solid look of laser....big heatsink and feel heavy in hand.
With this big heatsink duty cycle isn't big problem.
I never felt that laser is warm.