Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review/build 3W+ 1x26650 with Sinner MSSSW host, by offroad

A little video on why you shoul not use a plastic aixiz lens with high powered builds! (HD):

Thank for all nice comments! I appriciate it :beer:

Last edited:

JLM

:drool:, the best good looking host ever. +1 rep for your excellent work :beer: I am waiting for my MS-SSW too.
Also 1+ rep for Sinner :)

A little video on why you shoul not use a plastic aixiz lens with high powered builds! (HD):

Thank for all nice comments! I appriciate it :beer:

The way you said Aixiz, is the same way I say it in my head.....even though we're both wrong.

IIRC it's more like Ache-Zeez (like body ache, and catching some Zs)

Zeebit

DAM! That host is a piece of art. Great build and review! :beer:
-------------------
At first I also pronounced AixiZ as "axis" until I saw one of Hak's post saying that is should be "Ache-Ziss"

The way you said Aixiz, is the same way I say it in my head.....even though we're both wrong.

IIRC it's more like Ache-Zeez (like body ache, and catching some Zs)

All the time i was here i allways thought it was like this :p anyway i am dutch.. It is hard to speak english without that typical dutch accent to it :)

Blord

Very impressive build. The boost drivers are a little more difficult to build than a buck driver but in the end you get the satisfaction that everything went well.

Thanks for the review ! +10 :)

Yes that is correct blord! Also thanks for the rep everybody! I wonder why not everything shows up on my profile?

Anyway thanks all :beer:

DTR

Can't believe I missed this one. Really just awesome.:beer:

Getting better at making those switches! Since i wrecked one of the standard switches i replaced them with slightly bigger ones! They feel more sturdy. I had to drill the tailcap in order to fit them! Going or an ehgemus kinda style on the finish :)

img1986r.jpg

img1987om.jpg

greetings!

IsaacT

How did you screw in the head on yours without the wires twisting up? I have some J-B Weld curing around my diode pins right now but any advice would help. I had a little scare at 3 am when I twisted the head in and a wire popped off the diode. Thank the stars it was just the lead wire and not the diode pin.

Hey man! I twist the head counter clockwise so that the wires are turned counter clockwise. Then when you carefully screw it on they sit straight when the head is on. Same goes for disassembling an arctic or an lazerer rifle.

Greetings :beer:

Last edited:

IsaacT

That is what I was trying to do....weird. I think I will screw the pill in a little further and see if that helps.

It probably would, the more room the better. I took my chances with an extra heatsink on top of the pill.

Good luck :beer:

Greetings,,

Last edited:

IsaacT

Okay! So I did two things that ended up combining to be my salvation. I screwed the pill in about 2-3 turns more and I counter twisted the wires before hand more than I had in the past. Screwing the head in slowly, I was able to make it work.

Now for my last question, how did you go about affixing the metal clicky cover on yours? I have all that J-B Weld, but last time I tried to epoxy one on it got in the switch and destroyed it.