Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Resurrect the Build Guide?

Do you want to see the Build Guide live again?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What was the Build Guide?

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
As some of you know, the anus at Crapio (no pun intended) tightened a little while ago, and they sent out their squad of lawyers to LPF.

One of the mistakes I made was having a line:

"A140 Projector Diode- 445nm"

in the Build Guide.

Consequently, those little short fat men in suits decided to call for the removal/deletion of the whole thread, and there's little to no chance of the thread being resurrected.

So, would anyone like to see the guide hosted off-site, and well out of the reach of the Crapio Nazi-zombie-fellatio-giving-beings, err, I mean lawyers? (Trust me, Russians don't take shit from anyone. Especially not lawyers from some sand-filled p*ssy. Oops, slip of the tongue there, I meant Crapio.)

Plan B

I still have the dead thread bookmarked in hope that it would one day return. Lots and lots of good info.

Can't the guide just be reworded/rewritten so that crapio references are removed?

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Can't the guide just be reworded/rewritten so that crapio references are removed?

^ This.

So, it can also be updated with new ideas, drivers info, diodes, and so on ;)

(and, after all, who said that a building guide need to contain ANY brand names ? :p :D)

It would be great if a build guide could be posted on this site again. Were you suggesting posting it on another site because of possible liability issues (even without brand name laser diodes) for LPF if it were on this site?

If so, then off-site would be understandable and fine with me and, I'd presume, with other LPFers as well. The guide that was on LPF was really helpful and probably answered a lot of questions before they were even asked in threads.

Ed

I can't for the life of me understand/see any manufacturer being
able to stop me (legally) from using their product name and/or
make/model or Serial Number of a product when describing what
I laid my own money out for...and BTW they accepted.

I it was illegal to make any reference to the product they
sold me... than there should have been a signed agreement
to that fact.... I don't remember signing anything when I
bought a few projectors...

Jerry

Last edited:

GBD

I say resurrect the guide, just don't mention the name so that the company's vagina stops hurting.

This guide was very usefull for noobs and experienced alike, so its a good idea to repost it.

Last edited:

anselm

I already have a couple of good guides in my Index, but this one sounds like it would
be a very worthwhile addition.
In fact, I tried to add it, but all links to it were dead....:(

A simple "search & replace" or two is quickly done, no?

Last edited:
I can't for the life of me understand/see any manufacturer being
able to stop me (legally) from using their product name and/or
make/model or Serial Number of a product when describing what
I laid my own money out for...and BTW they accepted.

I it was illegal to make any reference to the product they
sold me... than there should have been a signed agreement
to that fact.... I don't remember signing anything when I
bought a few projectors...

Jerry

I recall a warning on most cleaning products here in the usa which go something like "It is a federal crime to use this product in a manner inconsistent with it's label."
I don't know anything about this law, but I wonder if it goes for this as well or if it's an EPA/chemical thing.....

Opening post is very well written, LOL .

Not using Crapio's real name on the internet forum is equivalent of music producer's being illegal to pronounce out loud so his music does not get associated with drugs, sex, murders (of which the songs speak of entire lyric's lenght).

They have put twenty-four incredibly powerful and exotic color diodes inside their projectors, and expect us to NOT do anything? Riiiight.

Not only are 70% of all their pojector sales made solely out of this hobby's needs, it's that the projector is pretty much exactly the same as any other for it's intended use.

We advertise THEIR shit for them, and instead of paying up, commending us and giving us discounts, they proceed to take legal action against the forum.

Those whole C@$51o events at forum that took place was easily among 5 most stupidest things I've seen in my short life so far.

Once I buy the product, it's legally and practically mine. If I want to make a weapon out of it and kill some pedestrians who's day is about to get really shitty, it's my fault, and my alone, company who made the original product cannot be held liable under any circuimstances.

You can make a lethal weapon out of pretty much everything in the house. All of a sudden, projectors are dangerous. Only people who are capable of extracting diodes and putting them to good use are not the same idiots who point lasers into other people's eyes.

And after all that nonsense, exeptional nonsense happens - very epic build guide here gets taken down which has only *this* much to do with Crapio's problems anyway.

Does sh*t ever stop raining in the interwebz?

Last edited:
I recall a warning on most cleaning products here in the usa which go something like "It is a federal crime to use this product in a manner inconsistent with it's label."
I don't know anything about this law, but I wonder if it goes for this as well or if it's an EPA/chemical thing.....

That'd be because many cleaners can be used as a feedstock in the production of many different illicit drugs.

Opening post is very well written, LOL .

Not using Crapio's real name on the internet forum is equivalent of music producer's being illegal to pronounce out loud so his music does not get associated with drugs, sex, murders (of which the songs speak of entire lyric's lenght).

They have put twenty-four incredibly powerful and exotic color diodes inside their projectors, and expect us to NOT do anything? Riiiight.

Not only are 70% of all their pojector sales made solely out of this hobby's needs, it's that the projector is pretty much exactly the same as any other for it's intended use.

We advertise THEIR shit for them, and instead of paying up, commending us and giving us discounts, they proceed to take legal action against the forum.

Those whole C@$51o events at forum that took place was easily among 5 most stupidest things I've seen in my short life so far.

Once I buy the product, it's legally and practically mine. If I want to make a weapon out of it and kill some pedestrians who's day is about to get really shitty, it's my fault, and my alone, company who made the original product cannot be held liable under any circuimstances.

You can make a lethal weapon out of pretty much everything in the house. All of a sudden, projectors are dangerous. Only people who are capable of extracting diodes and putting them to good use are not the same idiots who point lasers into other people's eyes.

And after all that nonsense, exeptional nonsense happens - very epic build guide here gets taken down which has only *this* much to do with Crapio's problems anyway.

Does sh*t ever stop raining in the interwebz?

I guess not. It did hit a fan; at least it wasn't my 7000RPM CPU fan. :yh:

Those projectors were pretty awful, the colours were washed out, and they ran VERY hot, and were VERY noisy. They weren't exactly popular- I don't think I've even seen a single one in Australia.

I saw one in operation in Germany. One word, disappointed.

At least they're being put to good use here.

I guess one reasonable guess could be that the laser hobby was one of specifically targeted areas of sales and profit.

So it probably went something like "Let's make insane profit of those laserists, but forbit to mention our name anywhere so when the shit does indeed hit the fan, we will be clean."

Whoever has lead the events which happened so far is probably a really really bad businessman. Endorsing the sale of projectors could've been massivelly profitable, considering that, as you say - as projectors they are really shitty.

It would be really bad it it hit your CPU fan, yeah.

3zuli

they wanted to destroy The Guide? let's make a revenge in WikiLeaks style - make one guide and then create another 100's of it's mirrors (and don't forget to mention their FULL NAME and the story behind this), so that they can't do anything about it... sounds like plan?
like: let's collect at least 10 people who are able to make a mirror and then create 10 mirrors...

u mad, c@$!o?

Last edited:
Don't forget that this whole Ca$io/Laser Diode fiasco came to a
head due to the Arctic and Wicked Lasers' worldwide advertising
campaign.... and not solely by some Forum Members selling the LDs
to Forum Members.....

Jerry

I have an idea. Where are Craplio's headquarters located? I say we organise a group buy for plane tickets to there to protest.

EVERYONE BRING YOUR 445nm LASERS!!! :D

Last edited:
I have an idea. Where are Craplio's headquarters located? I say we organise a group buy for plane tickets to there to protest.

EVERYONE BRING YOUR 445nm LASERS!!! :D

Sounds like a plan! Lol that would be insane if everyone with 445s showed up.. Holy shit, Imagine the power hitting their front door.