Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rep System

What do you think about the new rep system.

• I like the new system. Keep it up!

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I like the new system but all rep should be reset to 0.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I don't like the new system at all.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I don't even use the new system.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

I like the new system but since random number rep is awarded to specific member, it no longer holds any kind of value.

Kenom

it's not random.
Each person has a rep power. The more rep you get the more your rep power goes up. My rep power is 16 so when I give you rep, you get 16 points. Someone with a rep power of 2 will only give 2 points.

it's a thing that those that have been here a while and earned the higher reputation points are supposed to be a better judge of character so their rep weighs more than someone with a rep power of 2

Hey Ken... you better check your Rep Power it's at 18....:eek:

I promise I'll be good.....:eg:

Jerry

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i have been randomly giving ppl rep that clearly deserve it b/c of dedication to site, helping others, donating, general help, etc, that is why some ppl might have really high numbers

if anyone disagrees about a specific decision plz email me

Nah... I personally am fine with it...
thumbsup.gif

Jerry

jayrob

It's good now that you can read comments... I can only see a few of the last comments though??

Is this normal? Or can you guys read all comments?
Jay

Kenom

no you can only read the last 5 or so comments. It would be better if you could see ALL feedback.

I just checked some of the member's feedbacks and it looks like the last 10
Reps show up on the profile "reputation" link...

Yeah... would be good to see them all...

Jerry

I agree.. i think its important to see a persons -rep & the reasons behind it

most of the +reps i have seen were just about being a funny member of the forums while the -reps were given over bad sales.

Indeed.

-rep is definitely much more important to be able to review than +.

Just the fact of the +rep being there is information enough (since +rep tends not to adhere to strict guidelines), while -rep (almost) always has a significant reason behind it.

Negative comments should always be viewable so long as the user has -rep on their record. E.G.: Say a user puts an item up for sale and gets -rep from the transaction because he misrepresented the item and refused to work out a solution with the buyer. Now, say that person stops selling for a while, racks up 10 +rep comments for making a few jokes in off-topic threads, and goes back to selling. Any potential buyers would be none the wiser regarding this member's poor performance before.

@Mr_Lazo:

that would be ok so long as reps would be given ONLY in a sales-related fashion. There are people who give -rep not only because they were swindled in a sale, but out of simple dislike of anothers posts, person, way of expression or opinion. Generally, both + and - reps may be given in a responsible or irresponsible manner, so there's no reason to treat them differently.