Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Removing my intellectual property

Re: Home Depot sale on cheap Husky hosts

i went and checked out those lights and they dont say husky anywhere and its a tiny host. not enough room for a full aixiz module with the batteries.

nevermind im corrected. the black colored flashlight says husky on it. the other ones have no label.

I bought a couple of these recently...They sold out fast! When I asked when they were going to re-stock, I was told it was a seasonal item (X-mas) and they weren't going to be back anytime soon. (Don't you just love Home Depot *:p )

I can fit a Lava drive or Rkcstr driver in these hosts, I countersink the heatsink on my lathe and lay the driver perpendicular to the diode (flat).
I'm glad to see they will have them in stock again.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Husky.jpg
    Husky.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,046
Last edited:

Those are nice... Did you order those online or local? :)

jander6442 said:
Those are nice... Did you order those online or local? :)

I got mine locally. I haven't seen them online, ever.( I take that back.. someone on ebay was selling them for $28  :eek:) I checked a couple of Home Depots yesterday and they still were not in stock.

@Bob Boyce.. Are you planning on buying Lavadrives for all those? :eek:
Also.. Have you tested your pipe cap heatsink for longevity? They seem pretty thin to me. Jayrobs heatsink will fit this host (pretty sure at least, it's basically the same size as the pocketpal/similar hosts) and it's plenty thick.

Maybe a picture of your mounting technique?

ok well my home depot has a few cases of these. does anyone want me to send you some?

Heres a prototype. In the final build the module will be flush with the heatsink.

Attachments

• colors.JPG
    colors.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 506
Looks like i got everything worked out. I got a couple of the heatsinks yesterday and heres what it looks like.

Attachments

• DSC03338.JPG
    DSC03338.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 496
  • DSC03339.JPG
    DSC03339.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 457
  • DSC03337.JPG
    DSC03337.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 491
  • DSC03336.JPG
    DSC03336.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 490
  • DSC03335.JPG
    DSC03335.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 484
DAMN!! Big pictures
resize your pix to something around 640x480 or less.
you might try hosting the pictures on photobucket or similar. they have online tools if you don't know how to resize or optimize the pix.

BTW :: very resourceful, nice.

wow and if the cap is copper material, should be great because copper dissipates heat very well

thanks Bob

thanks for the info and photos-I found two-packs at HD here in Tx. only came in red/black but even cheaper at 2/4.88+tax==I also found a nice thick(1/8 inch)walled copper piece that fits perfectly inside the nipple -as it is too long - one could cut in half and make two from it. AND piece of 1/2 inch copper pipe fits neatly inside that piece too. more copper better heatsinking -- that still leaves a little gap between the inside of the pipe piece and the outside of the aixiz module- but i thought maybe to fill the gap with thermal epoxy and avoid having to solder the module into the copper parts. Any chance of you giving us a close-up of the driver inside this build showing the soldering needed....<(*u')>

with what drill diameter or drill number did you drilled the copper cap to slide aixis module?

Last edited:

£v@n$

Seeing as im a complete stranger to the skill of electronics, would anyone be prepared to make one and sell to me via ebay ??