Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red Gball coming soon

I dunno.....Hopefully....It might turn out to be a single emitter. If it is a double emitter...I think it will not work for us.

If we can tame the 044....which we have....MAYBE...we can tame the Red84....IF it is a single emitter !!

BBB...you got the spec sheet on the Red84 ??? Kinda risky business for $ 137 bucks...Maybe Jordan will try it !!!! :yh::yh::yh:

Beam Out

I just don't believe we jumped from a watt and change to 2.5 watts, unless dual, but the specs call the 2.5 watts out as a 30% duty cycle pulse power out, that might explain it.

edit;

Last edited:

hoo7h

I just don't believe we jumped from a watt and change to 2.5 watts, unless dual, but the specs call the 2.5 watts out as a 30% duty cycle pulse power out, that might explain it.

edit;

The 85 one says continuous 2.1W. We probably can push that to 3W. Heck even at 2.1 I would bite

That G85 is a multi-beam emitter. It will have at least two beams, if not three. Not what I am looking for in a high power red laser. I will have to see what these new diodes look like with a ball lens attached. I have doubts.

I waited for a nice price

And you bought one yes,

Guys please keep this thread alive and anyone who buys one can update us all,

This is all great regardless of the divergence, we’ve gone from open can 5.6mm to closed can 9mm with Gball, All is left to find a projector with blocks of 5 and soon Jordan will have them in his candy store, 1.3w of lovely 640 looks so awsome even with bad divergence in the distance, there is not as many red lasers here on the forum as we would like, just imagine soon everyone posting builds of there 2w RED,S Awsome man!!!!!

hoo7h

Couldn't agree more, Bill.
While I am no optics expert, I don't see how a diode with a gbal collimating lens would output two beams. So I am really optimistic about this find!

And you bought one yes,

Guys please keep this thread alive and anyone who buys one can update us all,

This is all great regardless of the divergence, we’ve gone from open can 5.6mm to closed can 9mm with Gball, All is left to find a projector with blocks of 5 and soon Jordan will have them in his candy store, 1.3w of lovely 640 looks so awsome even with bad divergence in the distance, there is not as many red lasers here on the forum as we would like, just imagine soon everyone posting builds of there 2w RED,S Awsome man!!!!!

hoo7h

If you look at beam shots done with two or three beams, it becomes a different story. Some like it; I don't.

If you look at beam shots done with two or three beams, it becomes a different story. Some like it; I don't.

I agree...I do not like the 2 Beam...actually...it is a abomination :evil::evil::evil: Just call me old fashion...and I am...
...too bad !! See the pic !!! For your entertainment :crackup:

Edit: Sorry...Hoo7H....maybe this will be a single beam...Hurry up Jordan and check'er out !! But...I fear not.

Beam Out

Attachments

• What_I like it_ Feldman2.jpg
    What_I like it_ Feldman2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I've been wanting one of those three beam diodes just because it is an abomination, LOL. Imagine two combined together making six beams :) - I didn't buy off of ebay because I don't trust the sellers to know whether it's a two, or three beam. Styropyro bought one and they sent him the wrong diode, either he got a two, or a three, expecting the other, don't remember now, but when I looked at some listings, they had the wrong data sheet up for the diode in a couple of listings, so I haven't bitten. I don't want the two beam, I want the three.

I want 1 big nasty beam, 3 spread out beams looks like you built a 3 diode cluster hump. :D

If you bounce the 2 outside beams backwards then bounce them to connect with the center beam at infinity, that would look ok, but all spread out.....no, no, no......um.. NO!

Last edited:
I've been wanting one of those three beam diodes just because it is an abomination, LOL. Imagine two combined together making six beams :) - I didn't buy off of ebay because I don't trust the sellers to know whether it's a two, or three beam. Styropyro bought one and they sent him the wrong diode, either he got a two, or a three, expecting the other, don't remember now, but when I looked at some listings, they had the wrong data sheet up for the diode in a couple of listings, so I haven't bitten. I don't want the two beam, I want the three.

... Just 4 U Chris...A little Monty Python Humor....Hmmm...Like 90% of LPF knows who the Hell that is :thinking::thinking::thinking::p...Whatever !
See the attached pic !!...( Still waiting on the driver, should be soon )

CDBEAM Out ( There ):san::san:

Attachments

• Monty Python Three headed Knight 3.jpg
    Monty Python Three headed Knight 3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 24