Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red Gball coming soon

Just found this link high power red with Gball soon to be around,

This was last year so it’s probably already in projectors out there,

2.5w pulse even if it’s as bad as the NUBM44 still a good thing and Gball diodes are cheap so let’s just hope. ML562H84

MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC News Releases Mitsubishi Electric to Launch High-Power 638-nm Red Laser Diode with Built-in Lens

Good news,
I think they are coming with convex-concave lens, btw..

quote:
"Industry's first built-in meniscus lens helps to simplify projector designs, and more"

Last edited:
Good news,
I think they are coming with convex-concave lens, btw..

quote:
"Industry's first built-in meniscus lens helps to simplify projector designs, and more"

Just found this link high power red with Gball soon to be around,

This was last year so it’s probably already in projectors out there,

2.5w pulse even if it’s as bad as the NUBM44 still a good thing and Gball diodes are cheap so let’s just hope. ML562H84

MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC News Releases Mitsubishi Electric to Launch High-Power 638-nm Red Laser Diode with Built-in Lens

Looking at the spec sheet this diode has rather good beam profile, 3.6° x .5°. In a custom build adding another positive lens would lower the divergence further.

Last edited:
Great, these should survive well with the can/lens removed IINM but we shall see, and at a rated 2.5w should do est. 4w? as they are built with headroom for long life and efficiency, so with a G2 or G7 this could be a very bright orange-red, and if the divergence is really bad could be corrected via beam shaping optics, best of all is they should get stronger in time.

A stronger green with divergence like the 44 and we could have a matched set, granted they all need 6Xcyl or prism pair correction, but imagine 8W of blue + 2W of green + 4W of red, could end up with a dozen or so watts of white in a decent ribbon.

It will be fun to work with and hopefully inexpensive.

-----------------------------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
************OOPS, reading the PDF it says 2.5w PULSE not CW**************
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see it is ML562H84 where as the 3 beam is getting hits as ML562G84 and the 2 beam is ML562G84-02

Last edited:
It says 2.5W PULSE in the PDF so I expect 1.25W in CW ???

Also watch out for the (H) or (G) in the PN I have not found the H for sale yet but it could be out there, still unless it's cheap or low divergence or has a great built in lens it's true value will be in the next gen with more power.

Last edited:
Great, these should survive well with the can/lens removed IINM but we shall see, and at a rated 2.5w should do est. 4w? as they are built with headroom for long life and efficiency, so with a G2 or G7 this could be a very bright orange-red, and if the divergence is really bad could be corrected via beam shaping optics, best of all is they should get stronger in time.

A stronger green with divergence like the 44 and we could have a matched set, granted they all need 6Xcyl or prism pair correction, but imagine 8W of blue + 2W of green + 4W of red, could end up with a dozen or so watts of white in a decent ribbon.

It will be fun to work with and hopefully inexpensive.

-----------------------------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------------------------------
************OOPS, reading the PDF it says 2.5w PULSE not CW**************
I see it is ML562H84 where as the 3 beam is getting hits as ML562G84 and the 2 beam is ML562G84-02

Spec sheet says 3.6° x .5° divergence angles

Interesting !!! Sub for more info. Must it be de-canned to add 6X...still not sure if this de-canning has any negative impact on life ??? Maybe the answer to that...Depends on how hard you push it !!
Well ...that is an easy answer.....to the wall !!....and maybe beyond !!
Beam out

Last edited:

hoo7h

giphy.gif

Nice find Bill! I can't wait to get one.

Edit: Here's the none Gball version!
https://www.laserlands.net/mitusubishi-9-0mm-to5-638nm-2-5w-orange-red-laser-diode-ld-ml562g85-01.html

Last edited:
Spec sheet says 3.6° x .5° divergence angles

Yikes, that's the collimated beam spec, but being that wide, we could put another lens in front of it to collimate it more to be what we need for a pointer. 3.6 degrees is 62.8319 mRad, .5 degrees is 8.72665.

Reactions: GSS
Last edited:
That’s the 85.01 This is 84!

Spec sheet said multi mode but I don’t see 2 emitters!

Also even the duel emitter diode beams are so close together looks like one and with a Gball and G2 should get some pretty good results I think!

Last edited:
I'm wondering now whether they came up with a slightly different part number for the gball version of a two beam laser?

Yikes, that's the collimated beam spec, but being that wide, we could put another lens in front of it to collimate it more to be what we need for a pointer. 3.6 degrees is 62.8319 mRad, .5 degrees is 8.72665.

Yup, that's the only way this diode would be useful to us unless a red laser flashlight is wanted.

The only reason I won't buy the Gball laser pointers I've seen so far is because their focus cannot be manually adjusted. Some of them are close to infinity focus, but not all of them, I've seen some members post that these diodes can appear to be at infinity focus, but some a bit off. Even if they are right at infinity, I still don't want them because I might want to adjust the focus for some reason or another. However, these diodes being specified to have that much divergence gives me hope instead of rejecting them, that means we can put another lens in front of them to focus them to infinity focus and don't risk as much possible power degradation over time, if the cap and lens is removed. If the lenses in these diodes are AR coated, they don't loose much power having an additional lens in the string, I'd rather have a little extra loss than the emitter exposed to the air.

Last edited: