Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Really dishonest ebay product

If he gets snippy with you just report the auction ;D

I have a feeling that's now most laser sales get pulled anyway

I see he didn't get the beam to come out straight....

Regards rog8811

Yeah it's one of the "kipkay" builds. They are actually pretty fun lasers to build. I made red, green and violet ones. There is a lot of room inside so if you wanted to you could combine lasers inside of it to build pink, teal, or yellow lasers. You have to cut a piece of aluminum though to fit the phaser and to mount the lasers/dichro.

The pics definitely show it as being bluray, you don't get the weird blurryness and multiple colors with blue DPSS

473nm on left, 405nm to the right

Attachments

• STA72876.JPG
    STA72876.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 152
yobresal said:
Yeah it's one of the "kipkay" builds. They are actually pretty fun lasers to build. I made red, green and violet ones. There is a lot of room inside so if you wanted to you could combine lasers inside of it to build pink, teal, or yellow lasers. You have to cut a piece of aluminum though to fit the phaser and to mount the lasers/dichro.

i want a pink laser :(

;D I think it is about time for someone around here to build a pink portable.

^Check above, rog's avatar and sig. His portable can do 7 nice colors, and one of them is a pretty nice pink. At least, it looks like a nice pink to me.

I have no love for dishonesty in general.. it would be easy enough to have that listing removed, as it is in violation of ebay's policies. I'm not sure how much of what is in that listing is dishonesty and how much is just ignorance. If I was going to attempt to pass something off as a blue DPSS laser, I'd definitely price it closer to what something like that would really cost.

Charging $250 for an item that would easily exceed $500 with a real blue dpss module in it seems to defeat the purpose of lying about it.

$250 for that phaser with a blu-ray is a fair price I think (to someone who is in the market for something like that). They could just as easily have said it's a blu-ray and charged that much. Someone would most likely buy it (although probably not anyone from LPF, since we're all spoiled ;))..

pullbangdead said:
^Check above, rog's avatar and sig.  His portable can do 7 nice colors, and one of them is a pretty nice pink.  At least, it looks like a nice pink to me.

yeah but the thing is gigantic! and i doubt i could afford one from him.......

The seller has made some vital changes to his listing. I guess he took my suggestions.

I just looked at the item.... he states that it is a 405nm "Blue"...
probably just doesn't know that it is called a Blu-ray/Violet.... :-?
He doesn't state output power.... did he mention it before
modifying the description... :-?

Jerry