Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Randomly recieved a free Arctic in the mail.

Obviously people have different levels of honesty.

You can justify anything. Anything. You can bring up a million points why its OK (to you) to keep it, but is it honest, no. And you guys know how much I hate Wicked.

Well, yeah. I definitely agree with that.

In reality, I know i'd keep it. I'd hand in a wallet or phone that i found somewhere, but i wouldn't if it arrived in the post from China and definitely wouldn't if it arrived from Wicked. I don't know what i'd do if it arrived from a local company.

Just recently I bought a battery from LarryDFW and he sent 2 instead of one. I PM'd Larry and asked him if he wanted me to send the extra back, and he told me to keep it. Now Larry and me have a bond of sorts. And thats what its all about.

Last edited:
Two wrongs dont make a right. Also taking the high path is always admirable.

Three rights make a left, and if you made a left you went the wrong way. :eg:

I say keep the laser, knowing that company they'd have you send it back at your expense.

Just recently I bought a battery from LarryDFW and he sent 2 instead of one. I PM'd Larry and asked him if he wanted me to send the extra back, and he told me to keep it. Now Larry and me have a bond of sorts. And thats what its all about.

its different with personal users and with a big (bad) company
i bet you wouldn't even get a "thank you" from WL...

If I recall, if someone sends you something in the mail, and it is properly addressed to you, it is now legally your property whether it is a mistake or not as it is considered a gift. Otherwise, people could send you crap, and then demand it back because it's a "mistake" and you'd be legally obligated to return it to them at your time/expense.

Still, if you decide to contact WL about it and they want it back, they had better pay for the return shipping. After all, you're already inconvenienced enough having to contact them in the first place for something you don't actually have to return.

Some other food for thought: as you should not be shipping that laser back to China using the same sleazy misidentification that WL uses for their packaging, it may cause you problems with customs and/or restricted/prohibited goods. After all, this is a non-FDA compliant, high-powered laser, not some books or cookies or something benign. You don't want to be left footing the bill, or blame, for shipping such products or technology abroad, even if it originated from China to begin with. WL should have a liaison in the states to receive such packages much like DX does; otherwise I would not bother, no matter what your position about returning it is.

If I recall, if someone sends you something in the mail, and it is properly addressed to you, it is now legally your property whether it is a mistake or not as it is considered a gift. Otherwise, people could send you crap, and then demand it back because it's a "mistake" and you'd be legally obligated to return it to them at your time/expense.

Still, if you decide to contact WL about it and they want it back, they had better pay for the return shipping. After all, you're already inconvenienced enough having to contact them in the first place for something you don't actually have to return.

Some other food for thought: as you should not be shipping that laser back to China using the same sleazy misidentification that WL uses for their packaging, it may cause you problems with customs and/or restricted/prohibited goods. After all, this is a non-FDA compliant, high-powered laser, not some books or cookies or something benign. You don't want to be left footing the bill, or blame, for shipping such products or technology abroad, even if it originated from China to begin with. WL should have a liaison in the states to receive such packages much like DX does; otherwise I would not bother, no matter what your position about returning it is.

You SAID it, man :) :beer:

Last edited:
On a question of morality. Remember if you send it back you are supporting horrible unscrupulous scoundrels that are shipping exploding batteries and sub-par goggles with their lasers. And they have defrauded numerous customers.

You didn't steal the laser. They shipped it to you by their own fail. You are completely in the right by keeping it

Since the postage was probably declared falsely as "Gift". Enjoy your gift from the nice people at WL :p

So lowering yourself to their level is OK? LOL I love hearing people defend their right to do the wrong thing.

All lasers aside, material possessions are not suppose to effect your morals. There are no reasons why its OK, its not. Situations are either right, or wrong. There is no excuses to do a wrong. You come into this world with nothing, and you'll leave it with nothing. You cant take it with you. Lowering your standers for a material item is one of the lowest form of moral crime.

And everyone knows I hate WL with a passion, so I'm not talking out of my arse.

Once again not judging you Mike. Its my own personal opinion, and standard.

what i still don't understand is that you are justifying keeping a $300 laser because you lost $30 a year ago. :thinking:

And to think, if he never made this thread, no one would have known about it.

Yeah obviously that would have been a better idea. Same happened when that guy got all those extra tubes of Arctic Silver adhesive. Then tried to sell them.

benmwv

Yeah if it was me I wouldn't tell anybody.
If I found a wallet or a purse that's different and I would return it, but something in the mail from a Chinese company is mine :eg:

Lol at selling the arctic silver

I say return it for good karma.

Doing something "for good karma" is the backwards view.

Karma comes because you do good things for the purpose of doing good things.

It's like when your wife says "Well, you blahblahblah'd, and you didn't even apologize" and THEN you apologize, and she says "Well it's worthless if I had to ask for it"

In all reality, there is nothing wrong with keeping something that was sent to you out of the blue.
There is, however, something very right about sending it back (or better yet, as someone said - passing it on to someone who paid for that item, but never received it)

Another thing you could do, donate it to the forum, for an auction or raffle to help support this fine community.