Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Randomly recieved a free Arctic in the mail.

if they want it back, tell them it will take 4-8 weeks for "processing" and another 3 months (?) for it to actually get there...

Last edited:

just send them a non-addressed "thank-you" card.

THAT is the right thing to do.

I'd offer to pay them for the cost of the laser (without the profit built in) should be around $100

Helios

if they want it back..

just tell them the arctic will ship next week
:wave:

Funniest thing ive read on here in awhile! Also a great idea. It would be interesting to see if they get impatient and then just keep giving them the standard wicked lasers responses each time they inquire about it :na:

Two wrongs dont make a right. Also taking the high path is always admirable.

Still not what i actually believe:
This should not have occurred in the first place. Their company is clearly in shambles if they're randomly shooting out lasers to people on their address list while others are waiting months to receive theirs. It's an issue of respect, not of what's wrong or right - I don't see why we should continue to show them respect when they essentially vandalise the hobby for their own commercial gain.

Or me! I'll do it faster than LaZeRz because Chez's friend speaks Chinese! Or something!

LaZeRz

Why dont you F*** OFF!

I said it first you piece of crap!

Jokes :p :eg:

I will do it faster because I do everything faster!
Including something that has 3 letters and starts with a "S" :eg: :eg:

Wow, that can of monster energy really woke me up! lol

Last edited:
I don't think i want to know how fast you can SOD!

...is sod even a verb?
Also, LPF needs a middle finger emoticon.

You can use the host to make your own version ....more powerful;):wave: :p:p

Still not what i actually believe:
This should not have occurred in the first place. Their company is clearly in shambles if they're randomly shooting out lasers to people on their address list while others are waiting months to receive theirs. It's an issue of respect, not of what's wrong or right - I don't see why we should continue to show them respect when they essentially vandalise the hobby for their own commercial gain.

Obviously people have different levels of honesty.

You can justify anything. Anything. You can bring up a million points why its OK (to you) to keep it, but is it honest, no. And you guys know how much I hate Wicked.

@ Mike. I'm not judging you bro, just giving my opinion.

i was meant for me--PM and I will send you my addy and EVEN pay you for the ship cost!!!

LOL

btw I 'found' a five dollar bill at the mall yesterday and guess what the first person I ask said it was thiers---now I feel so good about myself---

srsly WL does not deserve a break like that.

and its is too easy to say what to do if you are not the one who 'got lucky' I say good for you!!!

evil hak

On a different note, when I compare it to my Spartan it's definitely more purple. my spartan looks BLUE (as if it's equal or greater than it's advertised 447nm), and the Arctic looks like it's below 445nm.

and its is too easy to say what to do if you are not the one who 'got lucky' I say good for you!!!

evil hak

Completely not true. I've found wallets, purses, IDs, and credit cards, and have always returned them to their rightful owners with ALL the cash still renaming. I've also lost my wallet a few times, and it was always returned un-molested. My ex is the same way.

Like I said, people have different levels of honesty. Some make excuses to lower their level. I dont. So dont say I would do things different, just because you would. Next time you find money, ask people the amount they lost first. This way you'll know if they are the true owner.

Last edited:
On a different note, when I compare it to my Spartan it's definitely more purple. my spartan looks BLUE (as if it's equal or greater than it's advertised 447nm), and the Arctic looks like it's below 445nm.
Maybe the Spartan has a diode from the 140== AFAIK WL used only 130 diodes(230 actually--same one tho)

hak

One thing I'm not able to figure out is how to read the battery indicator on the Arctic. Each led flashes differently per mode you're on. At the moment if I have it on low without strobe it says I have 2 out of 3 bars. If I have it on high without strobe I have 1 out of 3 bars, but if I turn on the strobe on either of the modes the LED's will flash differently. I'll fully charge a battery and see they appear any different.