Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radiant X4: A LPM for the masses at Illumination Supply!

NKO29

Hmm will this be able to be modded/upgraded to use the Ophir head instead? :p

Trevor

Happy to see this LPM finally released! :D

Also very happy to see Ellipsis running on LPM’s in the wild. When I initially had a prototype in June sometime, my task was to just tweak the firmware. In working with it, I realized I wanted to do something better than a tweak, and decided to port Ellipsis from the PIC16F648A over to the ATMega32u4.

It was a natural fit – mature yet homeless firmware developed and thoroughly tested in 2012. So, I sat down and spent a few hours altering the low level functions (writing to the LCD, reading button values, reading from the ADC, etc.) and folding in code to support Lightspeed, and shipped an alpha build off to ARG. Everybody won; old code got used and the X-Series got a firmware jumpstart.

I’m also happy to see Lightspeed finally in use. I started working on it shortly after the last real update to Luminosity. It never ended up being used and was forgotten – all a couple years before I started on Peregrine. It was a pleasure to work on and I’m very happy to see it in the hands of laser enthusiasts.

All in all, this project makes me really happy! :)

Trevor

YES FINALLY!!!!!!! AWESOME WORK GUYS!!! GOOD LUCK ON THE SALE

I might get one just for the heck of it!

bye bye competition

ARG

Glad to see a budget meter out there on the market :D

Last edited:
What is the average response time?

Just kidding I re-read the OP

Last edited:
Very good looking meter. Congratulations! This really makes the lpm available to everyone at this price AND with good specifications aswell! Hats off!

Greetings,,

csshih

It has been shipped already :)

I will do a review as soon as it arrives.

:beer:

Thanks! We generally ship out same day. Cutoff time being around 1:30-2PM PST, as the USPS truck stops by then.

Cooking time!
2013-11-13_17-09-42.png

You think youre ever going to make black one of the color options for the case?

I'm really considering getting one soon. Also, why do the buttons look weird on the case on the illuminationsupply site picture of the case? Thanks

ARG

why do the buttons look weird on the case on the illuminationsupply site picture of the case? Thanks

Going to take a guess and say that's a gap between the case and the buttons for smooth actuation. Probably just looks bigger than it is because of the top-down view.

csshih

You think youre ever going to make black one of the color options for the case?

I'm really considering getting one soon. Also, why do the buttons look weird on the case on the illuminationsupply site picture of the case? Thanks

The buttons are hollow on the side - probably why they look weird. We'll be printing out other colors soon!

Craig