Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Quitting Lasers for a While

Well guys I have been having a hard time lately and I think it's time to stop for now. I just had a battery issue with cells from Larry, my 445 diode decided to pop at 1.5A after about 5 seconds. And now I just got my BDR 12x sled die when I noticed the focus was making a weird pattern after moving from my bench. I lightly bumped it against my hand to see if the lens was loose and the diode LEDd.

Also there are the people here that get picked on in real life and now pick on others here. The are the arrogant ones that believe they are better than anyone. And then there are the new people that agree with them to try to fit in. This doesn't bother me that much though. It's mostly the parts and their lack of reliability.

For the few that are cool, for now, Peace out.

Happy Holidays ! hope next year works out better for your laser building ;)

Don't get too "TOASTED" during the HOLIDAYS pal. You'll be missed here on the Forum.
rob

ped

Some things just arent meant to be.

Picasso wasnt a brain surgeon.
Neil Armstrong wasnt a pianist.

Toaster, you are to lasers, what Thomas Andrews was to ship design . (Titanic)

Yeah I just need to let my funds build up a little. It stung pretty bad yesterday.

I didn't know the 12x were that fragile. I just barely hit that on my palm. :/

Anyway Happy holidays

ped

Ive fried a fair number of 12x's , they are very sensitive.

Jaseth

You seem to be the one thinking you are better than everyone, ignoring safety guidelines and calling people who use goggles idiots. You have received friendly advise many many times about posting less and reading more, but people don't have endless patience. Now, after about 4 months, you have almost reached 1000 posts, with very few worthwhile ones among them.
You made the right choice by leaving.

I like to pick on people on the interwebz

itrol.jpg

its just a series of tubes..
dont taek them srsly

:bday:

ped

How'd you do it?

Mainly just pushing them too far current wise..the A140's are insanely robust...but the 12x's are incredibly sensitive.
Over drive a casa diode and it'll just get very hot very quickly, giving u ample time to drop the current...but the 12x's just drop dead. Personally i prefer the 12x's as thier better burners.

Toster I hope to see You on here after the holidays. I lost a few diodes recently including My abused 445 that did Me proud by lasting this long.

Merry Christmas.

Never said goggles Wearers were idiots. I said I wasnt offended by people. I just don't have the money. I will post here and there no doubt. The part about people being a bunch of cocks was just a sidenote.

Just frustrated with the amount of fail

Kevlar

Sounds like you're doing the right thing Toaster. When a series bad luck incidents occur, it's best to take a step back, let the mind recover, and especially the wallet. ;)

Well, I'll miss ya. I've actually enjoyed some of your "useless posts".
JC-ROFL.gif

Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas. (maybe you'll get some Christmas cash to get some laser supplies!).