Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pulse Laser Gun

Thanks.
That was the goal. As small as possible. Was not that easy...but not that hard in the end ;-)
Was worth the effort, right?

CFH forever baby \m/ >.< \m/

Yep...on this forum and no regrets..yet ;-)

My next "laser weapon" will be even cooler. Still designing the water-tank...

WE MEET AGAIN! lol.
Im still looking for a YAG laser.
i think i will go with the SSY-1 (even though you said it isnt all that great, its the only thing i can offord). its either that or buy a 20W 808nm Laser, but then i have to worry about power supplies and FAC :-/.
did i read that the SSY-1 is capable of delivering 10Kw for 0.1mS?

Ahoihoi
Well...afaik it can deliver 3MW..dont ask for the time. x0-x00 ns maybe...

Regarding the 20W diode....the beam-shape is crap. If you wanna burn stuff on a 10cm distance, get a lens and go out on a sunny day ;-)

I just found another SSY head. Original-parts! Nothing fixed. Mail me if you are interested. Shipping wont be a problem since you live in "the neighborhood" :)

Trevor

Ok, seriously ..... W are power, J are power in time, so, 1J = 1W/Second.

Joules are units of energy. Watts are joules per second (energy over time), therefore 1J = 1W*1s = 1W*s. Not 1W/s... that'd be 1J/s²... which is in fact an acceleration of sorts. :)

-Trevor

Trevor

Dude...I am not in the mood this morning.
MAybe you should check that....one hint: W*s

Erm, the post wasn't directed at you...? I posted because HIMNL9's explanation may confuse someone unfamiliar with the units...

But yes, 1J/s * 1s = 1J. A joule is a watt*second, also known as W*s. Conversion below...

5a7bafd39df0c3d608bc63863dddc1b9.png

-Trevor

Last edited:

HIMNL9

^ and you have made it good ..... sorry for the possible mistake, we're so used to indicate it in that way (when we say "1W/s", it means one watt for each second) ..... but i just realized that in the conventions, the "/" sign is also used for say "divided", where instead usually we use ":", as in "W:s" for say "watt divided seconds" ..... this difference can effectively cause mistakes.

My apology for not have noticed this before, and +1 to you for the correction :)

Trevor

^ and you have made it good ..... sorry for the possible mistake, we're so used to indicate it in that way (when we say "1W/s", it means one watt for each second) ..... but i just realized that in the conventions, the "/" sign is also used for say "divided", where instead usually we use ":", as in "W:s" for say "watt divided seconds" ..... this difference can effectively cause mistakes.

My apology for not have noticed this before, and +1 to you for the correction :)

Cheers! :beer:

@The OP - this is a brilliant build. I'm tempted to post one of those "DO WANT" photos... :crackup:

-Trevor

drlava

This is the most impressive home-made laser gun I've seen yet. Congratulations on your fine build, please keep it under lock and key, store batteries separately, like a gun and ammo. This certainly could have the ability to kill, but just like spud cannons with the right respect it can be a lot of fun and remain legal.

THERE YOU ARE

I absolutely must learn how to do this... but I am too green.

I suppose I should make my first laser before attempting this. Anyone agree?

Yep, here I am...

What do you mean? A housing like this or the actual laser itself?
The laser and the electrics are a joke compared to the housing btw.

Well yes, but it would probably benefit me if I learned how to make a laser and learned all of this electronics terminology before diving into something that requires your level of skill