Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pulse Laser Gun

The design is there...already started fabricating parts. Right now I am making a semi-auto coilguin. Just need a "break" from all the lasers ;-)

Regarding the tube: You cant buy them on ebay or something like that. They fabricate them on my request.

Oh really, a itty bitty 10W tube would be cool. I might have to look that up. Can you PM me a link or something?

Would love to, but wouldnt help you. He is fabricating TWO of those tubes on my request. Wont accept any offer for another one. Dont know why, but he needs to know EXACTLY what youre up to and what the use of his tube will be.
I could sell you the other one, but shipping would be kinda risky and the whole deal would be more than expensive!

I think a couple sellers on ebay have 10W tubes by request, I sent a couple e-mails already.

I did have a 20W tube that I got on ebay that worked like a charm until I rolled the tube and broke the anode and electrode off :(

I think that shipping would be insane, not to mention you probably paid a good bit for the 2 tubes you have. You should keep one as a backup, you never know what might happen. It would suck to have the only tube in existence that fits your gun break and not have a backup!

That is a RF excited tube, the ones we are talking about are high voltage tubes = morepower :D

That is true, but they are hard to come by anymore. Hemlock Mike has one in a gun style build that looks cool as hell!

Arayan

That is true, but they are hard to come by anymore. Hemlock Mike has one in a gun style build that looks cool as hell!

Yes, I know the "StarWarz" a very professional project :bowdown: and if I remeber well also Schrecken Licht has a 20W hand held CO2 laser :)

Not the biggest problem to carry around a 20W tube and 5 liters of water ^^
Portable is a very relative...

That is a RF excited tube, the ones we are talking about are high voltage tubes = morepower :D

Something like this?
:)
I'm new to lasers but not new to electronics :))

2uqovf5.png

RF Excited Gas Laser
"1. RF excited gas laser comprising: an elongated electronics compartment having elongated external fins; and an RF power supply placed inside electronics compartment; and a pair of endplates attached to the opposite ends of the electronics compartment; and a sealed laser tube comprising of a metal tube having an external surface, a pair of endcaps at the opposite ends of the metal tube forming a vacuum envelope for containing a laser gas and at least one pair of elongated electrodes inside of the metal tube configured for coupling to said RF power supply through RF coupling means; and a pair of laser resonator mirrors placed on the endcaps at the opposite ends of the tube forming a laser resonator aligned with the RF gas plasma discharge produced between said electrodes; and a cover enclosing the laser tube and the electronics compartment forming a laser assembly having at least one intake opening and at least one exhaust opening for the cooling air to flow through the laser assembly; and at least one fan placed at the intake opening of the laser assembly; and wherein said laser tube is placed inside the laser assembly and is flexibly attached to the endplates allowing for cooling air flow to enter the laser assembly through the intake opening and to flow through the laser assembly over the external surface of the tube and over the external fins of the electronic compartment and then exit the laser assembly through the exhaust opening; and wherein said external surface of the laser tube is not in mechanical contact with any additional heat-sinks.
"

Last edited:
NO! I'm not that good with electronics and I don't see any good use for building a laser that powerfull!
I just "discovered" this forum and thought of "making my entry" in a different way than just asking for advices and technical details!
I used to do that but since making a VERY powerfull laser is not my intention or purpose I won't do that anymore!
I'll just "watch the show" from the side!
Although it's amazing what information and technology we have TODAY!
Can't even wonder WHAT kind of technology we'll have on our hands in 50 years from now!!!

Most stuff we have already you will see in maybe 5 years from now :)
Military is always one step further than public.