Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Pulse Laser Gun

Thanks.
That was the goal. As small as possible. Was not that easy...but not that hard in the end ;-)
Was worth the effort, right?

CFH forever baby \m/ >.< \m/

Yep...on this forum and no regrets..yet ;-)

My next "laser weapon" will be even cooler. Still designing the water-tank...

WE MEET AGAIN! lol.
Im still looking for a YAG laser.
i think i will go with the SSY-1 (even though you said it isnt all that great, its the only thing i can offord). its either that or buy a 20W 808nm Laser, but then i have to worry about power supplies and FAC :-/.
did i read that the SSY-1 is capable of delivering 10Kw for 0.1mS?

Ahoihoi
Well...afaik it can deliver 3MW..dont ask for the time. x0-x00 ns maybe...

Regarding the 20W diode....the beam-shape is crap. If you wanna burn stuff on a 10cm distance, get a lens and go out on a sunny day ;-)

I just found another SSY head. Original-parts! Nothing fixed. Mail me if you are interested. Shipping wont be a problem since you live in "the neighborhood" :-)

Ok, seriously ..... W are power, J are power in time, so, 1J = 1W/Second.

Joules are units of energy. Watts are joules per second (energy over time), therefore 1J = 1W*1s = 1W*s. Not 1W/s... that'd be 1J/s²... which is in fact an acceleration of sorts. :)

-Trevor

Dude...I am not in the mood this morning.
MAybe you should check that....one hint: W*s

Erm, the post wasn't directed at you...? I posted because HIMNL9's explanation may confuse someone unfamiliar with the units...

But yes, 1J/s * 1s = 1J. A joule is a watt*second, also known as W*s. Conversion below...

5a7bafd39df0c3d608bc63863dddc1b9.png

-Trevor

Last edited:
^ and you have made it good ..... sorry for the possible mistake, we're so used to indicate it in that way (when we say "1W/s", it means one watt for each second) ..... but i just realized that in the conventions, the "/" sign is also used for say "divided", where instead usually we use ":", as in "W:s" for say "watt divided seconds" ..... this difference can effectively cause mistakes.

My apology for not have noticed this before, and +1 to you for the correction :)

^ and you have made it good ..... sorry for the possible mistake, we're so used to indicate it in that way (when we say "1W/s", it means one watt for each second) ..... but i just realized that in the conventions, the "/" sign is also used for say "divided", where instead usually we use ":", as in "W:s" for say "watt divided seconds" ..... this difference can effectively cause mistakes.

My apology for not have noticed this before, and +1 to you for the correction :)

Cheers! :beer:

@The OP - this is a brilliant build. I'm tempted to post one of those "DO WANT" photos... :crackup:

-Trevor

This is the most impressive home-made laser gun I've seen yet. Congratulations on your fine build, please keep it under lock and key, store batteries separately, like a gun and ammo. This certainly could have the ability to kill, but just like spud cannons with the right respect it can be a lot of fun and remain legal.

THERE YOU ARE

I absolutely must learn how to do this... but I am too green.

I suppose I should make my first laser before attempting this. Anyone agree?

Yep, here I am...

What do you mean? A housing like this or the actual laser itself?
The laser and the electrics are a joke compared to the housing btw.

Well yes, but it would probably benefit me if I learned how to make a laser and learned all of this electronics terminology before diving into something that requires your level of skill

Back