Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pseudo-Groupbuy: "MODC" - 12mm Module for C-Mounts

I would totally sign up IF I had a diode to use it with... but for now, it would just be sitting in my dorm because I am still waiting for my host for another 445 to come in....

I wish I had more access to my student machine shop though. I am doing training today and for the next couple of days, but I am sure they won't let me use it for commercial purposes.

Not sure if I am a reputable enough member but I would be interested in a slot for two of these.

These will be great for builds and experimenting with the C-mounts!

Count me in for a pair and perhaps two.:beer:

rhd

Interesting update - we now have a working technical drawing for the ModC, thanks to a really helpful contributor over at CNCzone.com

gJRZ8.png

Rubin insisted that this drawing could be used free of charge, but I'm going to make sure to factor in something (even just $15 or $20) to send in his direction, even if we end up sticking to eMachineShop - just as a thank you. It was really nice of him to put this together for us.

Last edited:

Johnyz

Off to design some very high current drivers... What was the last time someone built a fan cooled laser? :rolleyes:

Johnyz

I'm really looking forward to this. Since this hobby started with first red diodes harvested from $500 DVD burners, we have been doomed to keep using 5.6mm diodes (and 9mm to some extent). But now, we finally can start making use of c-mounts!

Oh and, RHD, remember back when we were talking about the HL63133DG and someone mentioned the orange 622nm c-mounts? What was the price for them? Didn't Heruur use to sell them?

very interesting! i always liked the idea of using c-mounts but i never had anything to put it in/on.

Count me in for a set ( 1 spot, 2 modules )