Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Prize: <5mW 589nm Yellow CNI Laser Pointer for banner design

DJNY

NOT cool CNI.

I´m happy that I never take the time to create the banner.

RIOT! RIOT! RIOT! RIOT!!! :gun: :gun: :gun:

Everyone do a mass not-buying from CNI!!

umss

I mentioned that earlier, with no replies.

Its been ~68 days since it ended. I really dont think touch-ups take that long.

Personally I dont think they liked any of them, and dont want to cough up the prize. I'm very surprised more people are not complaining here.

I've just been waiting ot see what happens.
I haven't had any feedback on my banner >.<

Hi LPF Team,

Laura from CNILaser said that she can give a<5mW yellow laser pointer prize to the member the creates the best looking CNI Laser banner ad for LPF. File should be an animated SWF or GIF. If using a SWF, please make the banner opens a link to Green laser, Blue laser, Infra Red laser, IR laser, UV DPSS laser. when it is clicked.

Example video of 589nm yellow laser that CNI had sent c0ldshadow:

Please post your banners in this thread and Laura will review them to choose the winner.
<edit>
Contest ends at the end of February 2011.

Best Regards,

-Avery

So whats up Avery? CNI keeping people in the dark is not good.

After refining my banner for a a week or 2, they changed their minds and said they didn't like it. I asked them if they had a general idea of what they wanted and I got no reply this was weeks ago.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i have emailed CNI about this

This is really Crazy, They can't just have all these people work on the banners and then Oh well we don't like any so No One gets it? GO Get em Avery!!

0xFFFF

Why were the two entry options .gif and .swf? Apple users wouldn't like this (.swf). Why not take advantage of javascript, HTML5, blah...?
If I had've known about this earlier I would've submitted something that was cross browser friendly not .gif or .swf.

0xFFFF

Hi Chezumss,

I understand what it is they are asking for. It seems to me like they don't know what they should be asking for.

Regards,

-0xFFFF

With a image that small they can convert back and forth without trouble.

And I'd complain to Apple about Flash files. Seems they dont care your missing out on ~70% of internet content.

With a image that small they can convert back and forth without trouble.

And I'd complain to Apple about Flash files. Seems they dont care your missing out on ~70% of internet content.

Not that apple would listen.:(

Last edited:
You'd think Steve Jobs and Adobe would get together an come up with something that would work, and make everyone happy.