Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Prices Drop! 501B Kits (Plug-N-Burn add a Module w/ Driver!) Starting at $20ea

Hi,

Kits In Stock: As of 11/13/2014

Black - 4
Blue - 1 (more on order)
Red - 11
Purple - 3
Green - 5
Camo - 2
Custom Anodized Green - 1
Polished - No polished in stock but we can strip and polish one for you on request. (This service is an additional $8)

The design features a heatsink that is extended out to the bezel, and is counterbored in the back for a brass ring/contact board. The hole in the heatsink is a 12mm reamed hole for aixiz modules. The heatsink with the board in it, is long enough to fit a full aixiz module, allowing you to simply buy a fully assembled module w/ driver from DTR, solder the leads to the leads on the contact board, install it, and go! These hosts do not use a pill, instead a more modular heatsink/contact board design, which will keep you from accidentally twisting and possibly breaking your leads when installing your heatsink. (I did that too many times starting out.)

Each kit includes:
501B host
501B heatsink (Polished Face)
17mm contact board soldered in brass ring with silicone wire leads and spring
1/16" allen wrench
Wrist strap
Knob that is included with your kit choice

Kit Prices:
No Knob Kit - $20ea
Knurled Knob Kit - $25ea
(Polished or Brush finish)
Smooth Flow Kit - $40ea
Assault Knob Kit - $40ea
-(These prices are excluding shipping)- $5 in USA for first kit (+$1 for each additional)

Black + Blue + Green + Purple + Red + Camo

Custom Green Anodized + Polished

Knurled Focus Knob (Polished or Brushed) + Smooth Flow Focus Knob + Assault Focus Knob

Special ring pressed into battery tube to ensure excellent negative contact.

Last edited:

Re: Feeler/Pre-order: 501B Kits

Reserved: (Not binding at all, just a list for me to get approximations, and know who to notify when they are ready)

travish - 1 red assault kit, 1 blue assault kit
djtomt - 1 black no knob kit
soulero - 1 black no knob kit
kmm5117 - 1 red polished knurled kit, 1 blue polished knurled kit
rockman96 - 1 blue smooth flow kit

Last edited:

djtomt

Re: Feeler/Pre-order: 501B Kits (Heatsinks w/ Press in Contact Board Assemblies)

Put me down for one black, no knob, please. Thanks. (Depending on budget when this happens, I may want more.)
Thanks. djtomt

Re: Feeler/Pre-order: 501B Kits (Heatsinks w/ Press in Contact Board Assemblies)

Interested in at least 1 black no knob. How much space is there for drivers/modules? I'd like to make a nice high powered green with this.

I will be interested in one blue, and one red, polished knobs (knurled) on both

Interested in at least 1 black no knob. How much space is there for drivers/modules? I'd like to make a nice high powered green with this.

I don't remember the exact number, but I think it is about 35-40mm long before the contact board.

I will be interested in one blue, and one red, polished knobs (knurled) on both

Noted.

I'd like a Smooth-Flow, in black.

Bump!

Hosts are just about ready, will have to make knobs for them yet, so please let me know if you are interested. These come with a contact board soldered into a ring, and pressed in with silicone leads attached. Just attach your module with driver, and you are ready to go!

I'm still in.

Re: Feeler/Pre-order: 501B Kits (Plug-N-Burn, just add a DTR Module w/ Attached Drive

Just an FYI, if you want a custom build in one of these hosts, PM Crouse and I and we can work something out so that it goes straight to me to save on shipping. No build will be turned away, anything as simple as an LPC build to a PL520 can be considered!

Re: Feeler/Pre-order: 501B Kits (Plug-N-Burn, just add a DTR Module w/ Attached Drive

These kits are about ready! The contact boards are pressed into the heatsinks, and our superior contact rings are pressed into the battery tubes. They are getting packaged, and will just need knobs for those choosing to add knobs. These are some of the best kits you can get as a beginner or someone looking for an easily assembled kit. Simply order a module from DTR with the diode and driver already installed, solder your leads to our leads, and you're good to go!

Re: FS: 501B Kits (Plug-N-Burn, add a Module w/ Attached Driver!) Starting at $30ea

yay someone finally start making some "plug and burn" kits again xD

Re: FS: 501B Kits (Plug-N-Burn, add a Module w/ Attached Driver!) Starting at $30ea

BUMP for my buddy and his father-
They do incredible work and leave your wallet less empty!!
Their Lab Laser heat sinks are super-- even AixiZ Laser now has them listed at FEEBAY.

These weigh over 4 ounces!!

+3

Guess I better get one of those blues. great matching color for 450 and 450 diodes.

BTW your pics are great BUT a tad too big- I can make them fit my monitor( with Ctrl -) but then the text becomes fine print--- rotfl

Last edited:

Thanks Len! Need to get these guys sold so we can work on some other new projects, got a good deal of cash wrapped up in these.

Bulk discounts are also available!