Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Presale: The Ben Boost

yeah it was pretty much random.
I ended up going with a set of 6 or 7 different resistors and calculated all the combinations of current i could get with them, and when i hit the ~1.2A mark, I stopped.
I didn't design these drivers, I'm just assembling them. It was advised that these shouldn't go over 1.2A, so I stopped there.

keep in mind that even at 1.2A if these aren't heat sinked they shut down in about 1 second, so you know you're really at their limit.

Last edited:

Hello, any chance of having a 1.5A one? i dont want to run two together as i wont have enough room in my c6 :p

I have read most of the 240+ posts in the thread, and I may not be exact here - but from memory there was a problem with the driver after about 1.2 amps.

Thus the reason there are no 1.5A versions.

Last edited:
Btw, these came in the mail today.

attachment.php

Attachments

• boostt.jpg
    boostt.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 183
please get a 12 pack of Monster, some skittles:whistle: lock yourself in a room and get to welding

lol, they won't be available for a while, unless i do another presale.

I've pretty much run myself broke, giving all my money to this chinese CNC shop to make me heat sinks, focus adapters, as well as the laser engraved C6 hosts i bought (with holsters to go with them)

I run on a very tight budget, so having $2000 out on products with 0 return yet has got me in a holding pattern for the time being.

run the pre-sale man... as fast as those went should NOT be a problem:wave::sold:

rhd

yeah it was pretty much random.
I ended up going with a set of 6 or 7 different resistors and calculated all the combinations of current i could get with them, and when i hit the ~1.2A mark, I stopped.
I didn't design these drivers, I'm just assembling them. It was advised that these shouldn't go over 1.2A, so I stopped there.

keep in mind that even at 1.2A if these aren't heat sinked they shut down in about 1 second, so you know you're really at their limit.

Lol - I wasn't serious about the randomness - or at least not about the 1.2A limit.

I thought it was odd that this fellow would pop up in a thread about a boost driver that we've all been discussing for several months, and propose a higher current. That's like saying to Mario Andretti's pit crew:
"Hey, I have an idea. Not sure if you've ever considered this, but maybe you could make his car go faster?"

xivlia

im not sure if youve thought about this, but ive not actually read this whole topic... i just jumped allll the way to the last page and asked a question....thats why i dont know what you have discussed.

rhd

im not sure if youve thought about this, but ive not actually read this whole topic... i just jumped allll the way to the last page and asked a question....thats why i dont know what you have discussed.

Actually, what I thought was that "[you had] not actually read this whole topic... [you] just jumped allll the way to the last page and asked a question....thats why [you] dont know what [has been] discussed"

So, yep! ;)

So, you're saying the miscommunication was entirely your fault, gotcha.

xivlia

Just placed an order (200th!) for the presale... i didnt have an option to chose from current ranges so im saying it here. :p One 1256mA driver please =)

Stix62

Just placed an order (200th!) for the presale... i didnt have an option to chose from current ranges so im saying it here. :p One 1256mA driver please =)

Yeah Moh', where did the power option drop down go?
I must have been looking at the website as you were altering it. One minute the current dropdown box was there and it said 100 in stock, next minute its gone and the stock has gone up to 300. :wtf: :D
Are these only available at 1.25A a.t.m?

ah shit!
I forgot to add them when i listed it.
I list an entirely new product so I can keep track of what i sell and send Ben $1 for each and forgot to add the power options.

Stix62

lol,,,and what are those boxes with the numbers in with 'Larger Image' written underneath.?
Whats that about? :D

Last edited:
Output option is there now.

xivlia, your good since since you posted your output in the order notes, so i won't forget.