Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Posting a picture of safety glasses before starting a thread

fair enough but they were 5 dollar glasses that said green blocking ......:whistle:on eBay

Yes, kind of like these cheap ones.
IMO people should go with DL or something even better to start off.
I'm not convinced the eBay cheapies will protect you while burning close up with a ~1W 445nm.

well thanks for being responsible but there are people that obviously dont have safety glasses i saw a thread where a guy was buying 532nm blocking glasses for a 1watt 445

Great. Now I'm wondering if ingot the right ones. I will post which laser I ordered and which glasses when I get home.

Thanks again for the help b

Answering a little soon.... he Has not posted them yet
Also they were like those but the lenses where green. Most of the China glasses well all that I've seen have a of of like. .5-.8
That wont do a thing

Last edited:
what we should do is, people that sell complete lasers should require a picture of quality glasses with there username written next to it and the date.

i have seen in some FS threads there are numerous 1 time posters buying class 4 lasers and i am sure a high percentage don't have safety glasses

my 2cents

I'm a newbie, 60 years old and just purchased 2 high power lasers. Before I ever signed up for this forum, I purchased four (4) pair of glasses, batteries and chargers and read quite a bit about the hobby.

I went to the FS threads and think (hope) I picked up a couple of good deals.

1 of the lasers is being sent to my son serving in Afghanistan. I doubt he'll wear safety glasses, but I'll include a pair just the same.

I'm also into target shooting and military weapons in general, have a concealed carry license since 1990 and own class 3 weapons. I am a responsible gun owner and keep my weapons locked in a safe. I think irresponsible people will do what they want whether it's with lasers, guns, automobiles, drinking...whatever.

My laser will go into my safe along with every other item i don't want people monkeying with when I'm not around.

You can suggest safety, but i believe this should be left up to the individual.

Last edited:
I'm a newbie, 60 years old....
[snip]
I think irresponsible people will do what they want whether it's with lasers, guns, automobiles, drinking...whatever.

My laser will go into my safe along with every other item i don't want people monkeying with when I'm not around.

@MOD: Please close the thread...nothing more to say! :bowdown:

+rep for this briliant post :)

I'm a newbie, 60 years old and just purchased 2 high power lasers. Before I ever signed up for this forum, I purchased four (4) pair of glasses, batteries and chargers and read quite a bit about the hobby.

1 of the lasers is being sent to my son serving in Afghanistan. I doubt he'll wear safety glasses, but I'll include a pair just the same.

I'm also into target shooting and military weapons in general, have a concealed carry license since 1990 and own class 3 weapons. I am a responsible gun owner and keep my weapons locked in a safe. I think irresponsible people will do what they want whether it's with lasers, guns, automobiles, drinking...whatever.

Sort of like people should be allowed to ride a motorcycle without a helmet if they so chose right?
It's good that you use common sense. But some people aren't even aware that safety precautions exist.
Even if we only save one eyeball, this thread is worth it.

Sort of like people should be allowed to ride a motorcycle without a helmet if they so chose right?
It's good that you use common sense. But some people aren't even aware that safety precautions exist.
Even if we only save one eyeball, this thread is worth it.

Are there really people dumb enough to fool with these without safety glasses?

I guess so with what has been stated.....I didn't realise how many irresponsible people are buying these online.

Forgive me. I stand corrected.

I thought the topic was common sense knowledge.

Does requiring a potential buyer to take a picture of his safety glasses and post it with his user-name on this forum make lasers any safer or any more legal?

We used lasers for measuring and transit in the military setting up bases and air strips. All the equipment came with more pairs of safety glasses than would ever be used. We wore them anytime the lasers were on and they weren't anywhere near as powerful as what's available now....it was printed in the equipment operating manual to wear them....everyone did because it was common sense. That was 20 years ago.

Helmets are a different topic altogether.

Helios

Does requiring a potential buyer to take a picture of his safety glasses and post it with his user-name on this forum make lasers any safer or any more legal?

Helmets are a different topic altogether.

No not at all. However it does ensure that the buyer has considered safety and made the necessary equipment available. We are not talking about laser laws we are talking about responsibility. I feel that if you are going to help someone to obtain dangerous items and you have an opinion on what safety equipment those items should require then you should start by ensuring the safety equipment is available. Sure you cant make them use it but I guarantee they wont if they dont have it.

Its exactly like a helmet. If anything the fact that so many people dont want to wear helmets to save their own lives shows how many people wont want to wear glasses to save their eyes.

Last edited:

I agree with this, but still you have to make sure the person knows the safety hazards, before he buys anything the seller should direct him to a thread about laser safety and the importance of laser glasses. I think it should also be the sellers job to help the buyer find the right safety goggles online.

I agree with this, but still you have to make sure the person knows the safety hazards, before he buys anything the seller should direct him to a thread about laser safety and the importance of laser glasses. I think it should also be the sellers job to help the buyer find the right safety goggles online.

I agree, I think sellers should at least offer safety info with their sales and help people find glasses if they want to buy them. It can be confusing and there are so many different types and so many different opinions.