Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

PhaserBoy

I used to watch the C141 Starlifters take off and land when I was a kid at McGuire AFB in New Jersey in the early 70s.

Nice pic. :) Worth zooming in on the original, there's a lot of work that went into that.
I see you have the power evened up from earlier, things do get dropped so was the alignment out in the one unit ?
Did you get any other components such as a combiner or combining optics for the two beams ?

If it's a high hour unit you could possibly replace the pump diodes and re align, I'm not saying with bigger pump diodes but just fresh diodes of the same spec.....just a thought

Last edited:
Nice pic. :) Worth zooming in on the original, there's a lot of work that went into that.
I see you have the power evened up from earlier, things do get dropped so was the alignment out in the one unit ?
Did you get any other components such as a combiner or combining optics for the two beams ?

If it's a high hour unit you could possibly replace the pump diodes and re align, I'm not saying with bigger pump diodes but just fresh diodes of the same spec.....just a thought

Thanks : ) , I did have a go at re allinment on the lower power module , i re positioned the LBO and it went from 120mW is to 250 - 300mW , Its still abit unstable but I will try and adjust the LBO temp to see if it makes it better .

Yeah the head is a full assembly , there is a PBS and mirror to combine the two modules in a compartment after the laser modules

When I got it I was told its had around 40 hours use , I have measured the diode current and its at 7A for each diode , I think the low power issues was just alignment and possibly temperature .

Doha, Qatar international, waiting to board a flight to Boston. Going to be there two nights and then return. Need to make sure I am making the correct decision to take the new job.

Cool pic Chris, with Trump bringing troops home you might be right to go with the Boston job, something I'm sure you have thought about.

Last edited:
Good luck, Chris. I hope the job works out for you. Wish you could get something in western Washington.