Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Gabe

Tried something else last night with light painting, I had a length of LED tape and just kinda flailed it around for 5 seconds in the dark, ISO 100 f29. Think of these images here as thumbnails, because resizing them really ruined the photos, I feel like half of the beauty of these photos is how sharp and well defined they are, so full res album at the end. They make great backgrounds, eh? eh?

SiSZr6b.jpg

zvVnWiV.jpg

qjn62Ln.jpg

ctGplRv.jpg

eGESg6V.jpg

E1hyy8F.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/EvMos

Reactions: GSS
Fairly rare I would leave base like that to drive through the city, but did so this one time with an amount of pucker factor. No one seemed to pay notice to us.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well, that is a good thing no-one was interested. But being nervous in a place like that is only natural. Just don't put yourself at risk.

Maybe not random, but I like these pictures I tok. :)
Two pictures of my argon ion at 7A or somewhere around 40mW.

8caafa94-023a-4be0-92c2-440fdb28f09b_zpszsixysus.jpg

89946c3f-4029-441f-a463-cd1623257a9f_zpsdaoxzzyu.jpg

Last edited:

diachi

Was rearranging some wireless antennas/dishes (Obviously wireless... what else are antennas for? 900Mhz and 24Ghz IIRC) on top of one of the taller buildings in Yellowknife last week - took some pictures while I was up there. That's not me at the left, friend of mine whom I was helping. No edges on that building, just a straight drop off the edge ... that makes me uneasy.

yZj4CW1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot Diachi, I've always wanted to shoot a laser off a roof just because of how easy it would be. Since you have a higher altitude you can find targets off in the distance that you can be sure won't hit anyone, for example in your picture I would probably aim for the island (as long as it's uninhabited)

Gabe

Don't think I've shared this here before. When I was like 11 or 12 I was dicking around with my friends making baking soda and vinegar bombs, you know when you fill a water bottle with said ingredients and seal it off and wait for the fun to happen? Well we ran out of water bottles, and thought "hey, more bottle more better right?!" so we used a 2 litre pop bottle. The problem is, those things are pressure rated, so it doesn't go off on its own. Cue the stick poking, kicking, and eventually throwing. It was a blast, and then came my turn again to have a click at the plastic cat. So I overhead throw it like donkey kong, but by the will of the gods it lands perfectly in the cap: reference figure one for an accurate example:
JHGT4JK.jpg

So yes, the 2L goes rocketing towards me at approximately Mach 10, heading straight for below the belt. BUT. Time freezes. My life, and the life of my future childrens', flashes before my eyes. I feel my pupils dilate, the blood coursing through every capillary, and I summon the ninja-level strength and agility to leap out of the way. I'm saved! ...except for my knee. The way I got the dangerous targets out of the line of fire requires me to somehow flail my leg up and put the side of my knee into the path.
And so it strikes.
It was about a third full of vinegar, so it felt about like a medium baseball bat swing right to the nerves and bones around in there. The only evidence remaining is a photo I found in a a backup of my moms phone, here's the bruise after about two or three days I think:
zXKVf8n.jpg

Note how that's the pattern of the bottom of the 2L bottles. Or the flowers in the sky in Bikini Bottom. Or Hawaiian shorts.
so yeah. that's the story of the week.

Reactions: GSS
That bottle looks more like a champagne bottle than a two liter soda pop bottle. Is that a Canadian thing? Also, from the video, it looks like it strikes about waist height. Was there more that didn't make it onto the video? Two liter pop bottles have been made of plastic here fro a very long time, but that one seems to be glass. Ouch, indeed.

Gabe

That bottle looks more like a champagne bottle than a two liter soda pop bottle. Is that a Canadian thing? Also, from the video, it looks like it strikes about waist height. Was there more that didn't make it onto the video? Two liter pop bottles have been made of plastic here fro a very long time, but that one seems to be glass. Ouch, indeed.

Oh whoops, I think you misunderstood, I should've made that more clear. That first gif is not me, that's an old gif from somewhere else. I used it because it's just about exactly what happened, except with a pop bottle. Yea that's a champagne bottle in the gif, I would definitely not wanna be struck by that lol. Also no, the pop bottle is standardized so it's the same here as for you. You can look at the bottom of a soda bottle and match it up to the bruise I got :)