Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

I think I need a little bigger trap for this guy. The trap is 10 wide x 12 tall x 36 long.
2-23-15_zpshmlqtqww.jpg

He seems pretty smart. It looks like he is testing the trap door.
image_zpsjh7njkzw.gif

Last edited:

gozert

I think I need a little bigger trap for this guy. The trap is 10 wide x 12 tall x 36 long.

Will it get killed inside that trap, or just caught to release it somewhere else?

Last edited:
The trap is a "live catch" trap and will not harm the beast. He will not be killed inside the trap.:whistle:

Last edited:
It is the biggest porcupine I've ever seen. I've caught smaller porkies in that trap, but this guy can't even get in far enough to step on the trigger plate. He spent all winter eating the tops out of my Ponderosa pines. I have to get him before he kills more trees, or my poor dumb dog gets a face full of quills.

Teej

It is the biggest porcupine I've ever seen. I've caught smaller porkies in that trap, but this guy can't even get in far enough to step on the trigger plate. He spent all winter eating the tops out of my Ponderosa pines. I have to get him before he kills more trees, or my poor dumb dog gets a face full of quills.

You need one of these:

bear-trap_4030-3928.jpg

:D

Hey Alaskan and Daichi. You must both be in a reasonable position to see Aurora Borealis. Seeing as there is a geomagnetic storm warning current RIGHT NOW would be a good time to head out and get some photos to post here? I will be heading out tonight and if conditions and weather are favourable I will get some photos of Aurora Australis. Being a long way North of Antartica (33.63S) I am not id quite as a favourable position as you guys but I do get photos of it sometimes.:beer:

Last edited:

diachi

Hey Alaskan and Daichi. You must both be in a reasonable position to see Aurora Borealis. Seeing as there is a geomagnetic storm warning current RIGHT NOW would be a good time to head out and get some photos to post here? I will be heading out tonight and if conditions and weather are favourable I will get some photos of Aurora Australis. Being a looking way North of Antartica (33.63S) I am not id quite as a favourable position as you guys but I do get photos of it sometimes.:beer:

Busman,

Unfortunately I only have my cell phone camera which is no use for taking pictures of the Auroras - Need something with focus to infinity, adjustable exposure and adjustable aperture.

I had some mild success on my first attempt when I borrowed a DSLR, unfortunately I don't think the lens I was using was able to focus to infinity so most of the pictures I took ended up out of focus.

Good to know that there's a storm warning out though, hopefully we'll get a good show tonight. :)

Thats OK Daichi, one can only do what one can do. I do hope you went out and had a look last night as I hear the G3 storm was pretty awesome up there. I live at 33.60S which is a long way north of ANTARCTICA.The G3 storm last night was the best I have seen in many years. Here is one of the many photos I took
10517-aurora1.jpg

Last edited:

diachi

Thats OK Daichi, one can only do what one can do. I do hope you went out and had a look last night as I hear the G3 storm was pretty awesome up there. I live at 33.60S which is a long way north of ANTARCTICA.The G3 storm last night was the best I have seen in many years. Here is one of the many photos I took
10517-aurora1.jpg

That's awesome, seems like you had a good show. Unfortunately it was cloudy here in Yellowknife, so I didn't get to see anything. Probably would have been one of the best I'd seen had the skies been clear. Should still be something tonight if the skies clear up.