Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Good Lord. I keep trying to give out Rep+ to about 10 different members and it keeps telling me I have to spread the love around first. Exactly how much do I have to spread myself around?!? Geesh!!! :wtf:

I'm thinking they cut the number of reps you can give out each day from 10 to 5 and increased the number of reps you must give out to re-tap someone from 20 to 40. I didn't actually count how many times I had to spread the love before I could kiss the same person with a plus again, but it took me so long to make a complete circle, I think it's 40.

ISS: They must get up to escape velocity first, then once there and at the right altitude, they are continuously falling as they circle the earth, but moving so fast they just fall forward instead of to the earth, while captured by the gravity. In time, they would slow and fall to earth, if they didn't expend some energy to get their speed back up again.

My big laser pointer, too heavy to hold while doing so, but it does turn on an axis and can be pointed :)

beacon120_2__zpsqtfgopuu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
I have only been able to rep new people as well, all others it says I must spread the love.
Our buddy VG complained and they changed the rep system, I don't know how.

What kind of emitters are those on your large array?

Last edited:

GSS

Well in about in 1 1/2 hours 7:22 my time the ISS is due in my area. Visible for about 4 minutes. Max height 21 deg and 14 deg above W. Any suggestions?...It will be light out

OK success! I actually saw it this was to cool. Everyone im and always have been a city guy so this is why the excitement. Just like the link said it came out a low 14deg at W or so at 7:23 and flew to my right side of view and lost it at around 4 minutes. It looked like a planes fuselodge with no wings and just went silently across the sky.
diachi, RedC, Micheal, Pi, LC, and any one I might have missed thanks for the links. And no it didnt look like what I saw a few years back, this ISS was moving quickly

Last edited:
^^ "and just went silently across the sky. "
If the ISS makes noise going across the sky you might want to duck and cover as they lost a bit of altitude and there is a problem :crackup::crackup:

Glad to help, some times the simple things are fun to watch and enjoy. Water splashing down a small waterfalls, a sunset, a sunrise, 2 squirrels spiraling up and down a tree as they chase each other, having a gorgeous buck bed down within 100 feet of you ....

GSS

Thats what made it even cooler it just silently skimmed across the sky, I still cant believe it just came out of nowhere right on cue. Oh if I saw it sputtering I would started running, where I have no clue:thinking: LC I want a pic of that sweet heart of a buck in a couple years, that was one pretty picture :beer::)

diachi

You should keep an eye out for other satellites too, GSS - I've seen a few while out watching the Auroras, always cool to see one sailing on by. :D

Edit: Alaskan, I've yet to see pictures of that beast of yours fired up - care to share? :D

Last edited:

GSS

You should keep an eye out for other satellites too, GSS - I've seen a few while out watching the Auroras, always cool to see one sailing on by. :D

Edit: Alaskan, I've yet to see pictures of that beast of yours fired up - care to share? :D
That I would like to do too. Tomorrow there is another early morning ISS sighting at 6:30am for about 2 min and want to see a more of early morning dark condition view, I would thing it would be lit by the sun or am I wrong. diachi are there satellites that are more visible than others or any in particular better to follow? Im still not giving up on what I saw a few years back or at least dont want to. I saw it from the parking lot for a clinic that my doc sends me when he wants to do blood work but how do I go about asking my history of visits so I can try to place a time without being "committed" to a nut ward:whistle: Ditto to Alaskan how could you post a pic and run:tsk:

diachi

That I would like to do too. Tomorrow there is another early morning ISS sighting at 6:30am for about 2 min and want to see a more of early morning dark condition view, I would thing it would be lit by the sun or am I wrong. diachi are there satellites that are more visible than others or any in particular better to follow? Im still not giving up on what I saw a few years back or at least dont want to. I saw it from the parking lot for a clinic that my doc sends me when he wants to do blood work but how do I go about asking my history of visits so I can try to place a time without being "committed" to a nut ward:whistle: Ditto to Alaskan how could you post a pic and run:tsk:

It may still be visible, doesn't hurt to have a look.

One that you might like to look out for is the so called "Iridium Flare" - they are rather bright, you can find times for viewing them online - just google it. :D Caused by iridium satellites which are rather reflective.

Reactions: GSS
Interesting sunset. There were 4 different shades of blue and an awesome purple but it does not show up well in the picture :(

Attachments

• CIMG0924.JPG
    CIMG0924.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 88

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nothing fancy here, just a canvas print that I had made of a photo showing an unfocused 520nm beam in fog. I also added an "impressionist" special effects look from my tablet.
IMO, these canvas prints from Photobucket look pretty good for the price, especially when you take advantage of their discounts. For example, this 10" × 20" picture was only $19.90 or so during an 80% off sale.

Picture hanging on the wall in my barn.

e845a736-e270-4699-87f0-3cd7723e31d8_zpszci1azti.jpg

This is the original photo that the picture was made from.

dabad2b1-51d3-495b-86c1-552edbca9ee1_zpsju4v41db.jpg

Gabe

Very nice Bowtie! Always saw those prints, never thought about them

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, they are always advertising something or another, some better than others; they also have a photo option that is printed on tin, that might be kind of different.

GSS

Very nice Bowtie! Always saw those prints, never thought about them
Ditto now I know what they advertise. Bowtie is it hanging on the same side of the Nova;)

Last edited: