Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your pics of unique builds no-one else has

Actually, I was using this one night and saw a UFO in New Mexico hovering near by, I have a coworker who happened to see it independently of me too. Did it flash lights in response to my playing with it? Nope, but I wonder what can hover silently as a orange-yellow orb about 30 feet in diameter a few hundred feet above me. That's why I believe they are real, origin? I don't know, maybe some secret government orb. I tried to get beam shots, my camera didn't do so well.

Untitledyyy_zps1aef66b1.jpg

More photo's here: http://imageevent.com/qdf_files/tec...dlightwavecommunications/irledandlaserproject

Last edited:

Pman

Don't even know what to say about that one Alaskan. Guess you win the "WOW" factor category;) I admit to thinking this was some kind of joke too.
By the way, there isn't winners and losers here, we all win by posting;) The "mustard" build puts a smile on my face every time I think of it:)

I have no idea if these are rare:

The 2 black lights were given to me by Lazerbeak to see if I could do it. I thought the camo ones would be the same but I actually had to run a thin piece of copper from the front to the back to get good conductivity with them. It's an illusion that the top one is bent.
[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/ipCE2qUdj][/URL]

I think this host came from Lazerbeak also (embarrassed that I am not sure)

If these are common I'll remove them so let me know.

Last edited:
Busman Mini Sceptre designed by myself made by Sinner. This copper host is sleeved with Brass and Aluminium rings and hosts a 405nm module @850mW This host takes a single 18650 battery and is quite heavy.

10400-img-0008.jpg

10399-img-0003.jpg

16 parallel 2 watt 455nm lasers and 1KW combined R,G,B LED power. Is it a host? Probably not in the sense you meant, too heavy to carry very far and requires over 100 amps at 12 VDC, fed from my truck battery through welding cables.

Holy photonic amplification! A beam shot is a must, try a different camera if you have to.

Alan

Pman

busman, I just purchased a host from Sinner about a month ago for my 1.5W 520nm build. It was heavy also and has a very quality feel to it (all copper with thick chrome plating).

"Holy photonic amplification! A beam shot is a must, try a different camera if you have to." OR, just turn it on and we can all step outside for a look;)

Last edited:
Ha, I need to get it out of storage sometime, wont be soon though, but will do.

16 parallel 2 watt 455nm lasers and 1KW combined R,G,B LED power. Is it a host? Probably not in the sense you meant, too heavy to carry very far and requires over 100 amps at 12 VDC, fed from my truck battery through welding cables.

megahost_zps77fad609.jpg

LOL!!! Holy hell! You are truly the UFO Hunter with that bad boy. Pleasse....beam pic already!
Nice job buddy.

Also have you ever seen a paper lantern in the night sky? The ones that people set sail? Those are often confused with UFO's. I saw one before and its very hard to tell how big and what altitude they are without any point of reference.

Last edited:
LOL!!! Holy hell! You are truly the UFO Hunter with that bad boy. Pleasse....beam pic already!
Nice job buddy.

Also have you ever seen a paper lantern in the night sky? The ones that people set sail? Those are often confused with UFO's. I saw one before and its very hard to tell how big and what altitude they are without any point of reference.

The same can be said about swamp gas, weather balloons and the planet Venus.

Pman

I would be shocked if someone has one of these:

It came from a BJs pack that had a flint and I'm pretty sure something else with it. IT turns on with a twist (which I think is also pretty rare). Also, it's orange :) It's just a 532nm Fasttech module over 100mW and not actual an orange diode:(

Last edited:
Nice job buddy.

I've been a licensed pilot for over 40 years now, qualified in over 25 different types of aircraft and from this believe myself a good observer. This wasn't a paper lantern. Technically, it simply remains a UFO in the form of a sphere or orb which was glowing a bright orange-yellow color, flew silently and hovered over my position on the ground for a few minutes before departing at a fast pace. Beyond that, I don't know what it was.

Last edited:
18650 cases make great little host

The one in the video is what I call my b.o.t. build or ball of tape

Edit. I didn't realize if I attached it you would have to download it so here is a youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei_biOoowf0

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Ball of tape 2.0 445 non 3W laser_mpeg4.avi
    9.6 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
busman, I just purchased a host from Sinner about a month ago for my 1.5W 520nm build. It was heavy also and has a very quality feel to it (all copper with thick chrome plating).

Yes Sinner does make very good quality hosts. I have a few from him and his machining is very good.

Last edited:

Pman

Here's a crazy hot little number that I came across in Pep-boys while picking up a few things. Just a light for now but hopefully a future unit. Standard (3) AAA barrel light.

This is an Inova X5 (I think) that was a MAJOR pain to take apart as I had to use the "water fill stick it in a freezer method" about 5 times
to get the head to finally push out. It has a 112mW 532nm in it.

Last edited: