Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your pics of unique builds no-one else has

SteveT

Not a host, but an unusual beam expander, 160X with a Jetlasers 532nm pointer on it, together it's unusual.

ggg_zpsosibcjk9.jpg

Lots of sticker residue and tape I need to clean off of it soon, otherwise perfect.

Thought your build looked somewhat familiar :)

rps20150426_104919.jpg

That's about it, too big. Here's an air expander, the output of a lab laser with a expander/concave lens in front of it while I held a huge PCX lens to collimate it back into a beam:

E07BC025-53A2-4D16-A82B-B64AF8853C3A%202_zps8a8cuazc.jpg

I fired this laser up again the other night (without the beam expander setup) and the neighbor lady saw it, came over and asked me if I wanted an affair, I had no idea this could be viewed by anyone as a phallus symbol. By the way, she was half drunk, that might have been part of it.

Last edited:

Gadget

Well...finished the epoxy pour for batt tube, and got the positive spring in the bottom of it. I gotta admit, I wasn't sure how the epoxy was gonna work out, but it seems to be the shizzle for limited space builds.

Electronics will be mounted soon.

10623-altoids-blue-after-batt-compartment-poured-pos-spring-installed.jpg

I mean no disrespect, but why would you waste such a nice diode on a mint tin? It seems to nooby for my liking...

Gadget

Waste?...Waste?
In my book, no diode brought to life from raw materials, in the hands of a tinker, is a waste, no matter what kind of host it's in!

I'm just havin' a little fun, so why don't you let me be and go waste some diodes of your own. Or, better yet, if you think the Osram 450 is a waste in that host, why don't you send me a diode, and I'll mount it in there instead. :whistle:

(walks off muttering under his breath....HAH, waste he says)

-G

LOL I would have asked why waste a mint tin to build a laser when I could keep it to store small parts in? But I wouldn't have bothered to ask. Everyone should use their empty mint tins however they see fit. Anyway a laser is a laser however it's put together. This thread is after all supposed to be for unique builds, not the ones like we all have.

Alan

RHD is working on an extraordinary unique build, but so far limited from view in the veterans section, maybe we can get him to post a photo :)

SteveT

RHD is working on an extraordinary unique build, but so far limited from view in the veterans section, maybe we can get him to post a photo :)

Is this the so-called ring prototype?

Last edited:
Ill just leave this here...
attachment.php

Attachments

• lego.jpg
    lego.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 430

APEX1

Here is one of my new 510 threaded interchangeable module heads on a nice looking Mechanical Mod host. Unique at the moment but could be the way of the future as there are literally thousands of mec mods out there. This one cost $16 on eBay. Currently I have a NDG700 head and a NDB7875 head in hand I can swap back and fourth using on this mod.:beer:

jzBLoz.jpg

7tZIBl.jpg

ohr0qd.jpg

kJreTA.jpg

5MwV9E.jpg

rjPX09.jpg

those are awesome looking hosts.. don't get much easier than that..

Pman

Thanks for keeping this thread alive guys. I have a couple of units I can throw in today.
Had 3 532nm Fasttech modules left and chucked a couple things together. Still deciding what to do with the other 1.
These are just battery holders that I had and figured why not try them out. Both use a single 14500 LiFEPO4
z30CjZ.jpg

UwLFou.jpg

z30CjZ.jpg

Don't know if I'm going to keep this one like this or put the module in something else. Was fooling around and realized that it fit almost perfectly and the hole for the 9V connector was aligned already. You can see in the one pic that I just wrapped a wire around the 9V end to complete connection. Still uses the button on the driver.

I didn't label this one yet as I may change it but I believe it hits over 90mW.
13ScNS.jpg

KeUQUd.jpg

hLSV67.jpg

vTIth6.jpg

I have lots of battery holders/adapters as well as Altoids and other tins to build stuff in as well as a bunch of hosts that I haven't messed with yet as I am spending almost nothing now due to medical issues. Hopefully just showing things like this inspires others to mess around.

Last edited:

I second that.

All this secrecy which is withheld from all but the members who incessantly post ten times a day is quite unfair... :p

Last edited:

Pman

Second LS assessment. What was mentioned IS pretty amazing though and it looks like all the issues will be worked out with it. When I first hit 1000/year it was very disappointing as it was just vets complaining a lot about other members.

Last edited: