Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your: Desk/Work area!

0xFFFF

Hi All,

This is my setup. Not much room to play with. The other side of the room is boxes of misc electronic stuff.

-0xFFFF

Attachments

• Mah Desktop.png
    Mah Desktop.png
    760.4 KB · Views: 401

Hahaha. I love how we all have multiple monitors/PCs running. And I haven't seen a single mac here, have I?

Very classy looking, madmacmo :)

1. I have that same laptop tray that's sitting against your desk.
2. I think that's the same headlamp that daguin is wearing in his avatar :p
3. Do those florescent lights (the 2 bendy ones) make the add/remove hardware sound go off on your comp when you turn them on and off? I had one of those and that's what it did every time for some reason.

Last edited:
@Wolfman29 - There were a few apples in the mix... but yeah, safe to say most laser enthusiast fall into the self computer building crowd.

@0xFFFF - What sizes are those monitors. Also are you running two servers... looks suspiciously like two full size tower cases... kind of narrow though.

@madmacmo - I only keep my at work area clean... even though they are almost identical. My home setup is identical except for some speakers... just a whole lost messier. Somehow I doubt the lease on my office covers laser damage:eek:

0xFFFF

Hi InfinitusEquitas,

The monitors from L to R are: 19", 24", 24", 19"
The cases are Lian-Li 2010's.
The cases are a lot larger than what they seem in the picture. They're designed for number crunching (lotta GPUs).

I'd give it up for wannaburn's setup though. That's awesome!

-0xFFFF

Nice layout Laserbee! :D I enjoy this continous thread & seeing how other people's workspaces are layed out :beer:
Thanks danefex... :beer:
It is a mess right now with multiple projects running
at all the work stations...

Jerry

Hi InfinitusEquitas,

The monitors from L to R are: 19", 24", 24", 19"
The cases are Lian-Li 2010's.
The cases are a lot larger than what they seem in the picture. They're designed for number crunching (lotta GPUs).

I'd give it up for wannaburn's setup though. That's awesome!

-0xFFFF

The newer GPU's are amazingly good... the pace at which technology has gone ahead is insane. I don't do any number crunching, but on occasion like to play games. Amazingly at this point the cards have outpaced the games. You have a nice multi monitor setup there... I use one 27" and one 19".

The cases just reminded me too much of some custom computers I put together while back...

Thanks danefex... :beer:
It is a mess right now with multiple projects running
at all the work stations...

Jerry

Heh you're welcome. Yeah it's sweet though, comfortable surroundings as far as I'm concerned.

I know how it is though, my desk right now could possibly be a strong contender for the most unorganized, spreadout mess as far as electronic components go. Honestly, it comforts me until it's clear so...... :beer:

Nice shop Jerry. I dont know how you guys keep things so organized. I'm a clutter king. Not dirty though, just clutter. I do know where everything is though. Until my girlfriend moves things. She doesn't like clutter, but I end up making a bigger mess to find the stuff she moved.

0xFFFF

The newer GPU's are amazingly good... the pace at which technology has gone ahead is insane. I don't do any number crunching, but on occasion like to play games. Amazingly at this point the cards have outpaced the games.
CUDA is amazing. If I ever figure out how to con the Mrs in to letting me build a quad CUDA Tesla machine... well. One of my colleagues has suggested I listen to his wise words: "It's better to ask for forgivness than to ask for a new [insert something your wife doesn't like here].". After seeing what she took the dog down to the vet for to get removed, I'm not entirely sure it's good advice.

You have a nice multi monitor setup there... I use one 27" and one 19".
I have the left monitor for PDF's, reference material and WinAMP. The 2nd monitor is for the IDE (tools and non-code windows). The 3rd monitor is for code only and the 4th is for the test build, LPF etc...

The cases just reminded me too much of some custom computers I put together while back...
This is as far as I go with custom computers. I just build to spec. Nothing more. Inside they are very boring. No fancy lights or pretty wire looms.

Nice shop Jerry. I dont know how you guys keep things so organized. I'm a clutter king. Not dirty though, just clutter. I do know where everything is though. Until my girlfriend moves things. She doesn't like clutter, but I end up making a bigger mess to find the stuff she moved.

Thanks T_J...

I can't find anything if I don't always store parts in the same
place.... I have sections of bins organized for specific products.
Then I have other sections for general electronic parts shared
between products ( resistors..capacitors...etc).

I also have different work stations... Internet and E-Mail...
PCB Design and programming... General Assembly... LaserBee
Calibration... Electronic Circuit design... Shipping/Receiving
and the Office for hard copy storage of product documents
and accounting. And I just added a new area... the new Milling
room...

The shop is laid out to be comfortable to work in... it is heated
and Air conditioned... If I didn't like my work/play surroundings
I wouldn't be in the shop 7 days a week...

And I still can't find my glasses 3 times a day...:crackup:

Jerry

Last edited:

Arayan

I already posted the desk at home and now I post one of my workstation in the lab :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 551