Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pocket LPM from Laserpointerstore?

diachi

Not to take away from Richie's meter find but I see Tommy is selling a Thor H 532nm at 300mw for $114...
He has a video of one being metered "not with this new pocket meter" that would of been nice...
It peak's quickly at around 370mw but at only 50 seconds it drops like a stone:eek: and no recovery.
Just how hard are they running to what I assume is a 12mm module??

Sounds like my old Spyder III, that'd do ~500mW (it was a 400mW) unit for a couple of minutes and then drop to ~100mW and wouldn't come back up to spec until you let it cool off for 5 minutes.

Although that cost $3,497.97... So for $114 the LaserPointerStore option isn't too bad!

Perhaps one of us should talk to Tommy about doing a review? :p ;)

Reactions: GSS

Hi RED,
Yes that would be nice to have a small pocket type that works for us at that price . I too am keeping my fingers crossed also for good results we will see.

@ Diachi,
I just received a notice from Tommy that the LPM was shipped out today through DHL with a tracking #. so about a week i would say 7 days. And the unit is 79.95 and i asked him to ship free and he did.

Rich:)

Hi,
Jerry save your cash i have one coming on order, We will see soon what Tommy claims as for 15W. For now if it can produce over 7W's reading compared to my Laserbee 7W. LPM then .
So as for now I'm the sacrificial lamb for the members here at the forum.

Had already pulled the trigger when I posted
that I would step up.....
I opted for the Free shipping to keep the costs
down. Besides DHL would hit us for Duty, Taxes
and Brokerage fees once in Canada.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
Great i guess we were to close in posting at the time. Tried to save you some cash by doing it. He gave me a DHL tracking but it won't show results at the moment. He said it ships to Dubai first to DHL then tracking will be available.

GSS

Sounds like my old Spyder III, that'd do ~500mW (it was a 400mW) unit for a couple of minutes and then drop to ~100mW and wouldn't come back up to spec until you let it cool off for 5 minutes.

Although that cost $3,497.97... So for $114 the LaserPointerStore option isn't too bad!

Perhaps one of us should talk to Tommy about doing a review? :p ;)
Would be nice for Tommy to chime in on this new 300mw;)
I would like to think it wouldn't need 5 minutes to recover:(
50 seconds isn't a whole lot of run time before it drops but as a pointer iv'e never needed more than 30 seconds if that even?? $114 sounds tempting:undecided:
Would you think it's a 12mm module with a way over pumped initial diode at 1.5W as the usual 200mw modules use a 1W?

Last edited:
Hi Jerry,
Great i guess we were to close in posting at the time. Tried to save you some cash by doing it. He gave me a DHL tracking but it won't show results at the moment. He said it ships to Dubai first to DHL then tracking will be available.

No problem... Thanks just the same...;)
But I wanted to see this thing and what
the market will accept as a Laser Power
Meter and how much BS is attached to
it... Of course I could be wrong...

Jerry

Reactions: GSS
Hi,
It struck my curiosity as well, as he states 15W's . We really don't LPM out that far but like i said if it will do at least 10W's or a little lower and be stable for the price that would be great. I have three LPM's all capable of over 7+ W's so i can compare this unit for the average builders purpose . But now that you bought one I'm sure you'll pick it dry.

Rich

If they had stated 2 Watts max then I would
no even have bothered to get it...
I'll be able to check it at 15 Watts to see if
the sensor survives...

Jerry

Last edited:
I just hope it will do at least 10 or at least 7+ and as you said hoping the sensor area holds up to that power . In the video the area of contact is very small maybe he knows that us here at LPF will pick this apart .

Rich

BobMc

Hi,
Jerry save your cash i have one coming on order, We will see soon what Tommy claims as for 15W. For now if it can produce over 7W's reading compared to my Laserbee 7W. LPM then .
So as for now I'm the sacrificial lamb for the members here at the forum.

Thanks Rich! For taking the chance. Hoping they are as good as advertised. But you shall see. :worthy:

Hi BM,
Yes agree Jerry also bought one to test and you know he will pick it apart if its good fine but 15W's is a little over the top. And also the sensor area hope it would hold up to all the big diodes. If it can do 10W's or lower around 7+W's and accurate i will be happy.

Last edited:

BobMc

Hi BM,
Yes agree Jerry also bought one to test and you know he will pick it apart if its good fine but 15W's is a little over the top. And also the sensor area hope it would hold up to all the big diodes. If it can do 10W's or lower around 7+W's and accurate i will be happy.

Excellent! Between the both of you. ( you and Jerry) we should get a real good idea of just much they live up to what's advertised. I realize 15 watts is probably a stretch. But like you said, for the money if it can do says 7 watt ish accurately it's a good buy. Hoping the best.

Last edited:

Rivem

Once you guys get it, let me know. I'd like to see the internals if you open it. Should it have poor performance, we can read the onboard programming.

Once you guys get it, let me know. I'd like to see the internals if you open it. Should it have poor performance, we can read the onboard programming.
From what I see in the Video...I have a
feeling that the circuitry is Analog....
Will know better whenit gets here.

Jerry

Rivem

From what I see in the Video...I have a
feeling that the circuitry is Analog....
Will know better whenit gets here.

Jerry

Maybe. I'd still like to see the guts either way if either of you are willing to open it up and take photos. :)

Last edited:
Hi, Riven
Hoping it gets here soon Tommy is shipping mine express shipping what ever that is . But can't wait to see this hope its a good product we all can enjoy at that price.