Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pman's collection

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That is one seriously large and impressive collection you've got there Pete, I've seen parts of it before, but I believe this is the first time I've seen most of your collection pictured all at once! :D
BTW, have yourself a great vacation, and don't get into any trouble with those lasers you take along with you.

PS. - If you ever think of adopting, I'll take good care of your stockpile; Dad! :crackup:

I'm leaving on vacation at about 1 this afternoon and won't have any time to get into them. Those were just some quickie pics since I had them out. I'll do a case by case when I get back.
Someone asked about selling some of the doubles and although I keep telling myself I need to sell a whole lot of them I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Reality is in one way or another almost everything is unique in some way other than the way overspec Ebay pens I made focusable. When I look them over I see so many unique builds that make it too hard to decide. There is a lot of under 100mW 532nm builds too that I don't even know if people would want even though they have nice beams. It actually is a bit depressing to look at them since they just sit in the cases. In fact, everything you see here just sits in their cases. I don't take them out to mess with them unless I need to compare something or in this week's case I'm actually going somewhere I can shine them around. Sad really.

I can relate, buddy. Mine are all put away and after many times having them out and taking photos, there is no reason to bring them out on a regular basis anymore. But, I would have a hard time trying to decide which of mine to sell for the same reasons.

Pman

That's the craziest thing I've seen in awhile Curtis.

DTR

The DeadEyeMo host caught my eye or is it one of Ehgemus's nice reproductions? Hands down still the best looking hosts in my humble opinion.
p1017604.jpg

p1018183.jpg

sirius1i.jpg

img2309se.jpg

p1017487.jpg

p1018207.jpg

f13b21.jpg

I have to say I did really like the 14650 pen hosts Ehgemus made for a while as well. Probably my second favorite.
p1017789.jpg

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The hosts are beautiful. Could almost get into handhelds again if I got hold of one of those. I really like the 5th image. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It is a shame they had to stop, hopefully some more people will get into custom hosts. But it won't be the same. Sorry about your host. We always wish we didn't do something in hindsight, but at the time we didn't know anything different. :(

Gabe

It is a shame they had to stop, hopefully some more people will get into custom hosts. But it won't be the same. Sorry about your host. We always wish we didn't do something in hindsight, but at the time we didn't know anything different. :(

Agreed, wish I was here during what seemed to be the 'golden age' of LPF. I've always been a carpentry and woodworking guy but I'd love to get a metal lathe some day and really start cranking out some hosts, not that we don't have members here that don't do that, but variety is nice anyways.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I might not have been part of the 'golden age' either, but we can make this the 'platinum age'. :) I have had my go at laser cut and 3d printed hosts in the past, but never metal lathing. It is something I also would like to experience. I am sure there are members here today that can make unique and innovative hosts.

Pman

Well I have quite the wide variety of hosts. Kind of all over the place.
I am up in the Adirondacks for the week and got a chance to compare the brightness of a 1.5W (peak) 520nm against my 6W (peak) at least 470nm and IR really looked like the 470nm beam was slightly brighter. Pretty much brought one each of my wavelengths with me as I can shine them around for once and have almost no concern for aircraft. Saw nothing moving anywhere in the sky 2 nights ago. What was really impressive though was my 700mW+ 532nm O-like crown upgrade beam as it's razor sharp without the need for a special lens or beam expander. That being said, a cheap ebay 50+mW 532nm pen looks great. Reminds me of how i got into this hobby to begin with seeing a 532nm and real beam for the first time. I didn't stay up quite late enough for it to be really dark or I think my 589 and 473 (both under 100mW) would have looked more impressive. The 650, 638, and 405nm were nothing special with too much light where I was standing from a building. What's cooler is going down to the Schroon lake (can walk there in 2 minutes) with them but I haven't done it yet. Cool shining across the lake but I have to be careful as there are houses, boats and people.
The Sirius you see there has a strong 3.5W 9mm in it. I had recently bought it from Styro and weirdly enough the driver blew the second tI me I went to use it so I bought one of your sxd and rebuilt it a bit better. Spent a bunch of time shining it up as it needed it badly.
I never really got into Ehg builds because I don't like the momentary buttons. I really liked quite a lot of them and would have bought some if it weren't for that. Side buttons are great but I want anything larger than a pen to latch.
Anyways, when I get back I'll do a case by case as you can't really see what is there especially wrapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Very cool. If you have taken any images, please share. :) I don't have any 'safe' areas around me to do outdoor beam shots. :( Make the most of your surroundings.

Pman... I think you have a laser hoarding problem. I would be happy to provide therapy and a new home for your creations.

Edit: Kind of have the same problem though, as of late I almost never actually use my lasers anymore.

Last edited:

Pman

I looked it up and acording to the Hoarders excuse guide i just "collect with extreme prejudice" lol