Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pioneer 8X Blu-Ray-- BDR-203

*clicks wildly around in your signature*
where! are! the! liiiinks, sightfx!!!1!eleven!

manuel

What links are you looking for Krutz. I had my 4th of July check list up there before but I havn't posted any of the pics from that night yet. Actualy I tamed it way down. My daughter got a fare size burn on her arm the night before.

While modifying a few things we go a friction start and Bang!...Bang!Bang!..Bang! a cluster of small shells got tossed around the shop and she got hit by one as it went off. Thank God she was not too seriously injured.

We still did our thing on the 4th but it was turned down a notch.

-Ryan

just out of curiosity has anyone else had a die projection besides me? mine is set at 300ma and does ~390mw with jays lens but has the die projection thats clearly visible..

Krutz

the die or line-projection will happen with any diode when the lens has a high enough NA. until now noone noticed the wings on the 405nm diodes because the aixiz and similar lenses clip enough off..
i see even more strange patterns once i collimate my 405 and block all violet with googles.. whitish/yellowish patterns, which are well known too..
sorry if i'm totally off track here about your die-projection?

manuel

Krutz

oh! glad to hear it didnt get worse! fireworks/explosives always stay dangerous. same with lasers, but noone listens ;-)

manuel

D

Deleted member 8382

Hallucynogenyc is worst than Eku (Ian)
021.gif

Tell Dave to come home, we miss him.
Well I just said I also would like to own one of these 8x, sorry if you feel so bad with it lol

just out of curiosity has anyone else had a die projection besides me? mine is set at 300ma and does ~390mw with jays lens but has the die projection thats clearly visible..
Yes, it's "standard" with a high-transmission high-NA lens, see here for BR and here for red (here you can even see the top of the brass mount on which the die is sitting).

Didn't you say you got it from a stupid tech at a PC shop for $80?

You are half correct, that was the FIRST 8x, it has since died.

my current 8x was bought off of ebay. it is running at 297mAh, my LPM should be here in less than 1 hour. i will post my findings back here to be added to the graph.

I think that first 8x was stressed pretty hard from constant use. it died at 300mAh last time in a pocket mini.

The new 8x is also in a pocket mini, it's quite the little fire-starter too!

Dark

Krutz

there seem to be quite many people confusing this:

A - Ampere, thats current (like in electricity)
mA - miliAmpere, 1/1000th Ampere, thats current (like in electricity)
Ah - AmpereHour, Ampere per Hour, thats more like "work"
mAh - milliAmpereHour

for example for batteries that means:
- a 1.2v NiMh 2200mAh can (theoretically) deliver 2.2 Amps (2200mA) for one hour, or 1 mA for 2200 hours, for example. this will be at the nominal voltage of 1.2v.

- a 3.7v lithium cell with 2200mAh does exactly the same, but at 3.7 volts.

on your calculator, playing with the numbers above, your cell could as well deliver 7920 Amps for one second. obviously, some (additional) limits apply.. ;-)

dont take this personally, dark, many people confuse these thingies, i just randomly hinted it here first. perhaps i'll keep this to post elsewere, everyone is welcome to do so or define even clearer!

manuel

there seem to be quite many people confusing this:

A - Ampere, thats current (like in electricity)
mA - miliAmpere, 1/1000th Ampere, thats current (like in electricity)
Ah - AmpereHour, Ampere per Hour, thats more like "work"
mAh - milliAmpereHour

for example for batteries that means:
- a 1.2v NiMh 2200mAh can (theoretically) deliver 2.2 Amps (2200mA) for one hour, or 1 mA for 2200 hours, for example. this will be at the nominal voltage of 1.2v.

- a 3.7v lithium cell with 2200mAh does exactly the same, but at 3.7 volts.

on your calculator, playing with the numbers above, your cell could as well deliver 7920 Amps for one second. obviously, some (additional) limits apply.. ;-)

dont take this personally, dark, many people confuse these thingies, i just randomly hinted it here first. perhaps i'll keep this to post elsewere, everyone is welcome to do so or define even clearer!

manuel

Very usefull post ^^^

i can honestly say i did not know that

Thank you for the information. i stand corrected :D

jayrob

It really gets interesting in a single battery FlexDrive/blu-ray build...

Because the driver is drawing more current to 'boost' voltage for a blu-ray diode.

So if you have a 1300mAh capacity CR123, and your driver is going to deliver 300mA's to your blu-ray diode, the FlexDrive must draw more than 300mA's from the battery to supply the diode. Because it uses extra current to boost voltage. from 3 volts to 5 ish...

And as the the battery begins to sag in voltage (or drain), the current draw will continue to raise higher and higher in order to keep the voltage demand of the diode.

It's an awesome driver...
Jay

Last edited:
It truely is, im going to be playing with one of the flexMod drivers soon hopefuly ^_^ we'll see how they compare. if i can get one that is, i havent checked yet.

And the LPM didnt arrive today sadly, it will surely be here tommarow, it's in my city :D

Results then,

Dark

RESULTS!!!

BDR/Pocket mini/405-G1/FlexV4 @ 297mA......408mW's!!!

Would you add me to the graph FrancoRob?

This diode seems quite efficient!! im very pleased with it ^_^ as soon as i figure out how to use my laserbee1 to graph on a PC, i will post my power graph here as well.

Thanks!,

Tyler

Last edited:
RESULTS!!!

BDR/Pocket mini/405-G1/FlexV4 @ 297mA......408mW's!!!

Would you add me to the graph FrancoRob?

This diode seems quite efficient!! im very pleased with it ^_^ as soon as i figure out how to use my laserbee1 to graph on a PC, i will post my power graph here as well.

Thanks!,

Tyler

Last update done to day :)

Franco