Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pics 5/1 589nm+593.5nm

These pics were taken a few Fridays ago using mostly a 593.5 and 589 with many mirrors, two prisms and a fan transmission diffraction grating. I added a 473 in a few, then a 445, 532 and 650 to add some color. And at the very end I used a beam splitter with the mirrors and prisms. Enjoy.

Pman

Beautiful as always and I love the lights on showing the garage. You never know what a neighbors house has hidden away in it. just recently found out a neighbor about 10 houses down has a recording studio in his basement.
Can't REP you yet again;) I appreciate the time it takes to set this stuff up.

GR3EN

Can never have enough yellow your life. Excellent as always.

Hey Gozert - the beam goes through thru the splitter and depending on which way the splitter is turned, the beam will also go 90 degrees to the left or right. In a few of these pics the yellow and orange are in the exact same spot on either side of the cube and the 589 50mw drowns out the 593 30mw. But in some of the pics, they are at the right angles and the two different colors are visible.

Pman - I know what you mean. Sometimes I will open up my garage door when setting up in the warmer weather, and my neighbors look in and I am sure wondering what the hell is he up to. I have shown a few people my set ups with the lasers on and they could not believe they were in a garage. Hang up some black curtains and with the lights off it seems like a much bigger space

Here are a few more 589 + 593.5 shots I have taken in the past few weeks. I used a plasma globe and two different sized glass spheres to get the effect you see The last one also has two 405's and uranium glass. When I eventually post the full sets from these photo shoots, these pics will be included in those posts for the context they were taken in, since I did use many other colored lasers and configurations. Enjoy

Gabe

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Brucemir again"

Davidx

Some of the coolest shots I've ever seen! You sir, blew my mind!
I have been putting together some prisms and diffraction gratings in hopes of making something simole, yet cool.
Yours is like something out of a dream.
Thanks for showing the possibilities
If I could leave 10 +reps I would

Last edited:

Encap

Amazing and really beautiful and imaginitive laser photos.

The best of this type of photo I have seen to date!!

Awesome--thanks for sharing.

Here are some 589 / 593.5 pics I recently took. I did take many other pics of this optic configuration with many other colors, but just the 589 & 593.5 are posted here. I got a nice 4" glass cube and most if the photos from this session feature that and other optics. Eventually I will post the other ones

589 / 593.5

589 / 593.5