Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Photography thread!

v33

RA_pierce, you shouldn't feel like an amateur. The three photos posted are quite good. Composition is quite excellent in the first one. I'd not bother with the 50mm focal length on a 60D, but the 85mm 1.8 is legendary lens and great value. Though it all depends what you like to shoot.

Last edited:

Took these the other day. First I thought the rendering distance was too short, checked Brain:\Settings\Settings.ini but it was OK.

Then I grabbed a camera and took those.
Warning, those three are uncropped and unscaled 10.0MPix each, 17.7 MB combined. Dial up users beware. And get a better internet connection, for Christ's sakes.

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv263/Eudaimonium/Scenery and misc/P6030389.jpg

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv263/Eudaimonium/Scenery and misc/P6030384.jpg

And my fav:
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv263/Eudaimonium/Scenery and misc/P6030382.jpg

I actually majored in photography when I was in college (but have never done it for a living) but still take pics as a hobby (speaking of professional ability some of you who have posted here have work that is of a professional level of skill IMO).

This is one of my faves, taken many years ago with an old-school film SLR of a POV of the Goliath rollercoaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain (it was taken on a day the park was closed and I was working there, otherwise amusement parks prohibit people from taking pictures on rides):
fce.jpg

Lunar eclipse (taken with my mediocre digital camera):

065.jpg

Cuban crocodile, taken at Gatorland in Orlando, Florida:

81c.jpg

Here's some nasty bugs (or rather, arachnids, to be technical) for you bug-haters out there!

wolf spider:
b4f.jpg

d65.jpg

These spiders pounce on their prey and don't spin webs so it's pretty tough to try and take pics of them w/o catching them and confining them first, especially since I caught this particular spider in my basement!

Noctox

You all have some great pieces on here, but I have to give some special mention.

BuildAbluraylaser: The coloration on that raven is amazing. And as a side note: I'm trying to find someone with a hatchling for a pet. :)

Eudaimonium: Those raining shots with the barn/shed are great; I especially love the lighting!

DiRollin: Such creativity, and you do some really awesome editing!

ReNNo: That is impressive, especially for the camera you're using!

rhd: Are those HDR?

And now a few of my own: (That's me in the last pic, with my car stage left)

DSC_2207.JPG

DSC_1640_edit.jpg

DSC_2151.JPG

city%252520fisheye%252520%252528Custom%252529.jpg

DSC_0894.JPG

Last edited:
This is probably one of the best pictures I have taken. Picture was taken with a 130 dollar Kodak camera.

redsquirrel.jpg

Warning, those three are uncropped and unscaled 10.0MPix each, 17.7 MB combined.
946,85 KB (969.575 bytes)
1.435px × 1.075px

So I guess Photobucket automatically re-sizes. That's good news because no one needs to look at the 10MP originals - 1280xN is more than enough for Web-work.

DJNY

Taken with my girls cam (Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS18EG-K) I got her for birthday a few days ago. Very good cam for the small size.

I´m gonna get the Eos20D in a few hours :wave:

I've got several hundred underwater/scuba pics that I took while I was stationed in Hawaii, circa 1992-1995.

I just went through some old boxes, grabbed 22 of the best ones, and scanned them.

I am NOT going to dump 22 pictures into the thread... so here are 8 pictures... let me know if you want to see more.

Moray Eel on a shipwreck tries to EAT MY CAMERA!

2cghv8i.jpg

14y8af.jpg

"Me"; underwater, and after a dive in Haleiwa Trench

2a4q0kh.jpg

2qs1l3t.jpg

Girl I used to go out with.

1zlskkm.jpg

16jgadl.jpg

Hawaiian Green Sea Turtle says HELLO THERE!

oh0adv.jpg

Eagle Ray.

fdaxlc.jpg

Last edited:
^^^Cute. I feel so bad for my little guy, he got teeth cleaning and neutered today... just laying there chewing a new toy now:(

Dr_Evil; That is a GREAT picture of your dog, I love it. Very soulfull.

(& I.E.) When I got my cat neutered (at about ~ 15 months) (he is ~ 13 yrs old now), he was REALLY out of it for over a day. All he could do is crawl to my feet looking sick & stoned & pitiful, I had to pick him up to put him on my lap. Cats don't handle anesthesia as well; they have weak livers.

Yeah, my guy is miserable. He's better this morning, but definitely nowhere near back to normal yet. Usually he's bouncing around non stop(wire fox terrier), but now he's very lethargic, and doesn't seem to have much of an appetite. He's about 30 months now. Camping trip at the end of the month, so I hope he's back to normal by then.

Dr_Evil; That is a GREAT picture of your dog, I love it. Very soulfull.

(& I.E.) When I got my cat neutered (at about ~ 15 months) (he is ~ 13 yrs old now), he was REALLY out of it for over a day. All he could do is crawl to my feet looking sick & stoned & pitiful, I had to pick him up to put him on my lap. Cats don't handle anesthesia as well; they have weak livers.

Thanks. I like taking close ups with my 10-22mm lens. I'll get some normal looking pictures up soon. Soon may mean a few days though.

He'll be going through that in a few more months. I don't have any plans for breeding and he should be old enough then.

Here are some of more recent ones
flys.jpg
Nice work! Great shot of the flies - but I do hope you swatted those little f#&kers once you (and they) were done... :crackup:

I've got several hundred underwater/scuba pics...
Nice, what gear are/were you using?

I love my wide angle lens!
WAs can be a lot of fun when used with non-standard applications (like faces). I would suggest you avoid doing that with the wife/GF - they will never see the funny side of your WA... lol!!!